Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What were your worst symptoms post-op?

@@Jdserra Same for me! The nausea was no joke! Ask for the patch behind your ear!

Yes... anesthesiologist gave me one right before surgery. They haven't given me another one since then. But honestly I don't think it made much of a difference for me. My body just didn't take good to the anesthesia. ????

Oh no, that sounds totally awful, I really hope they get the nausea under control very soon x

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Gas! Not fun gas where you can burp the alphabet. Just constant, unmoving gas. I would have a party if I could have just one big fart. Gas X strips help, but it never seems to completely go away!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm sitting in the hospital bed right now while I type this up...I've had 2 C-Sections so I assumed this surgery was going to be easy for me. I was so wrong. I have a very high pain tolerance but I can't handle the nausea. My surgery was Monday and I was suppose to go home yesterday but since I wasn't holding anything down, dizzy and throwing up nothing but fluids they ended up keeping me another day. I took a gas-X dissolvable strip for a pain I had on my side last night (Not sure if it was gas pains) I immediately threw it up within 15 sec. This **** is no joke. Definitely not an easy way out. If anyone ever tells me that I'm gonna slap them.

That is what I'm most afraid of immediately after surgery. They ask in the pre-admission testing if you're prone to motion sickness and I said yes. I'm the person that actually uses the little barf bags on planes because my motion sickness is so bad. When I go in for surgery, I'm gonna ask them to give me all they got.

I probably should be been more descriptive - I really want to know symptoms weeks and moths after VSG. Like, do you throw up if you eat too much? How did you acclimate to your new eating habits? Did you end up with reflux where you did not have it before?

Kaiser, there are so many things that happen to different people. I am sorry a lot of people have so many problems. My husband and I have never had a problem in three years with anything. Good luck.

I read all the bad stuff and braced myself. NOTHING happened. Walk and drink- go shopping

So.ypu felt good enough after surgery to go shopping? I'm going to Toronto for my surgery and I've never been anywhere. I will be there a few days post op. I hope I'm feeling up for shopping too!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using the BariatricPal App

The only things I didn't like was my mouth was really,really dry and I felt like I did a hundred sit ups...not bad for the surgery I went through...I have no regrets...it was so worth it

Hi, I have a date for surgery and have booked a weeks leave from work but wondered if people generally feel well enough to go back to work a week post op? I don't have a physically demanding job so will only need to drive a bit and sit at a desk. Any thoughts welcomed, am I being realistic? Thanks

I had surgery on Wednesday and was back at work on Monday. It depends on how strenuous your job is, whether you have complications, how healthy you were before surgery, and just plain luck of the draw.

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved Monday 24th. Spent 2 days in intensive care unit with urine retention. Once I had managed to pee I was sent back to the ward and home Wednesday night. The truth is that I only feel OK for the first time today (Saturday). I have had terrible problems with gas pain, nausea and not wanting to put any Fluid into my body as my nausea caused me to wretch. Thus in turn made my tummy hurt. Some wound pain mobilising but not too horrible. Oh... And constipated until the movicol worked this morning... And boy did it work. However... I am sure that I will be delighted with the results when I start losing weight. As my son said to me... I probably get another 10 years with you and you just have to suffer a few days of pain x

Sent from my F5121 using the BariatricPal App

I'm only 5 days post op. I did have sever nausea and thru up the first night but my Dr. put me on 2 meds to combat that and it hasn't happened again. I have been experiencing pain at the sites of the insions. I have 6 but only 1 is really painful now its just above my belly button on my right. That's pretty much my only painful area now as it's also hurts when standing, sitting or positioning myself to lay down.

Sent from my SM-G900P using the BariatricPal App

Nausea was the worst symptoms for me from the anesthesia...I had watched so many videos and built it up so much that I just anticipated the worst and hoped for the best. No one's journey will be identical to yours. Educate yourself and enjoy the ride ????

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I had bad nausea and vertigo. Everytime I moved my head the world would spin. I suspect the pain meds were a part of the problem. But for me the incision sites and my belly was very little pain but i had a hernia repair and when I woke up my diaphragm was so tight and full or air i honestly felt like I was having a heart attack. I could barely speak the pressure was so great. But it did go away. Just be honest with docs. I was shocked that after walking a little bit the pressure did go away gradually. The nausea and vertigo would hit mw without warning but they are good about keeping you comfortable. When i got home I had to basically hide away for a few days until the meds left my body to get rid of vertigo. On day six I felt much better. I barely take any pain meds.

For me it was the vomiting on the day after. Not that painful but it was sip, sick, sip, sick for about 2 or 3 hours. After that they gave me something to control it and all I had was a bit of pain from the op sites and the gas. I was lucky enough to be on a self administered morphine drip..... Magic stuff.......

I was in a total of 3 nights

Just keep in mind that pain is natures way of telling you you're still alive :-)

Seriously though, it was nowhere near as uncomfortable as I thought it would be.

Good luck