Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Graduated to soft food! What I had today..

I saw my surgeon and my NUT today, 16 days post op. I was thrilled to graduate to soft foods! On my way home, I stopped at Whole Foods.

For my first meal after a full month of liquids, I had two of my favorite things: Ahi tuna Sashimi (I had three little slices, about 2 oz total) and tonight for dinner I had about two bites of salmon and the "meat" of very soft steamed artichoke, about 3 leaves. It was so funny to look down at my plate and see my teeny tiny dinner! And I was full soooo fast.

I'm very happy to be open soft foods. I love to cook and experiment, and I love fish, so...yay!

I had to go from liquids to blended to soft foods. took 6 weeks till soft foods. I had poached eggs, I was craving them so much. I had them on sautéed spinach, onions and mushrooms, cooked till very soft, it was sooooo goooood.

I'm 9 weeks post op now, well in to 'normal' foods. I had a problem today, when in a hurry getting things done preparing for work, I ate my lunch way too fast and filled up way too much, ended up calling off 4 hours because I felt soo sick, and ended up throwing everything up. Lesson learned. I generally feel so good that I tend to question my new habits, but I learned a good lesson today. :wacko:

I got to add well-cooked green Beans, string cheese, and cottage cheese this week. All have been such a welcome addition. I get to add scrambled eggs in on Sunday and salmon in the following Sunday. The eggs and salmon will normalize my eating just a little bit more, so I am super excited about that!

Keep enjoying the journey. It looks like we are getting to some better days. (And I had 21 days of liquids myself. I never was more proud to see a spoonful of green Beans as I was last Sunday!!)

It's so nice to finally get to sink your teeth into something though, isn't it?!

I'm on week four, heading into week 5...and I'm on shredded cooked meats now. Next week will be whole pieces, grilled or whatever (although technically, I've already had that and it was just fine). Then one more week and I'm cleared to try "anything" and see how it goes. That will be nice. I feel like I have to be so specific right now, when I get groceries. I guess in some ways I will still have to be, staying away from fried things and a bunch of bread and Pasta type carbs, but I could go get some Kung Pao chicken at least! :)

It is really weird, the portion sizes. A coworker chuckled the other day when he walked in on me in the kitchen eating my little 1/2 cup container of meat and potato. Kind of comical to see this big dude eating like that. :)

I had to go from liquids to blended to soft foods. took 6 weeks till soft foods. I had poached eggs, I was craving them so much. I had them on sautéed spinach, onions and mushrooms, cooked till very soft, it was sooooo goooood.

I'm 9 weeks post op now, well in to 'normal' foods. I had a problem today, when in a hurry getting things done preparing for work, I ate my lunch way too fast and filled up way too much, ended up calling off 4 hours because I felt soo sick, and ended up throwing everything up. Lesson learned. I generally feel so good that I tend to question my new habits, but I learned a good lesson today. :wacko:

The eggs and spinach sounds awesome and yummy!

I got to add well-cooked green Beans, string cheese, and cottage cheese this week. All have been such a welcome addition. I get to add scrambled eggs in on Sunday and salmon in the following Sunday. The eggs and salmon will normalize my eating just a little bit more, so I am super excited about that!

Keep enjoying the journey. It looks like we are getting to some better days. (And I had 21 days of liquids myself. I never was more proud to see a spoonful of green Beans as I was last Sunday!!)

Yes, definitely better days! I'm very happy that fish and soft chicken are on the menu!

It's so nice to finally get to sink your teeth into something though, isn't it?!

I'm on week four, heading into week 5...and I'm on shredded cooked meats now. Next week will be whole pieces, grilled or whatever (although technically, I've already had that and it was just fine). Then one more week and I'm cleared to try "anything" and see how it goes. That will be nice. I feel like I have to be so specific right now, when I get groceries. I guess in some ways I will still have to be, staying away from fried things and a bunch of bread and Pasta type carbs, but I could go get some Kung Pao chicken at least! :)

It is really weird, the portion sizes. A coworker chuckled the other day when he walked in on me in the kitchen eating my little 1/2 cup container of meat and potato. Kind of comical to see this big dude eating like that. :)

Oh it sure is nice to bite into something and actually chew! I was so excited about chewing yesterday that I bit my Cheek during my first bite of tuna!

I am being vert specific in the grocery store now too. I used to throw anything in the cart that looked appealing. Now I really think about it. The portions are so funny. I was at work today with this teeny condiment cup of tuna. And boy was it good, and filling!

Today I tried out canned tuna mixed with a bit of low fat mayo. Wow was that good. Then for a snack I had a deli turkey slice with cheese wrapped in it. Went down very smooth without pain! I am actually close to 60 grams of Protein today, its getting a lot easier to get the protein in now with food!

My stomach capacity needs to go up a bit to do much better with Protein from food. I think I'm probably getting somewhere in the neighborhood of 25-28g of protein from food a day now, and my goal is 90g. So I still have to rely on powder for 2/3rds of my protein every day. I could do more from food if I ate more frequently, but that makes getting my Water very difficult. So it'll just take time. But I don't like having to rely on powder so much.

I had "shrimp alfredo". I finely grated zucchini (3oz) , pureed the tiny salad shrimp (3oz) and sauted until zucchini was mush. Added 1oz cream cheese, half an oz of grated parmesan and a couple of pinches of salt, garlic and onion powder. Made two servings. Even my junk foodie non sleeved husband thought it was good.

HW 385 SW 359 Sleeved 10/5/16

I had "shrimp alfredo". I finely grated zucchini (3oz) , pureed the tiny salad shrimp (3oz) and sauted until zucchini was mush. Added 1oz cream cheese, half an oz of grated parmesan and a couple of pinches of salt, garlic and onion powder. Made two servings. Even my junk foodie non sleeved husband thought it was good.

HW 385 SW 359 Sleeved 10/5/16

That sounds great!!

My stomach capacity needs to go up a bit to do much better with Protein from food. I think I'm probably getting somewhere in the neighborhood of 25-28g of Protein from food a day now, and my goal is 90g. So I still have to rely on powder for 2/3rds of my protein every day. I could do more from food if I ate more frequently, but that makes getting my Water very difficult. So it'll just take time. But I don't like having to rely on powder so much.

OMGosh so glad I'm not the only one. I'm on puréed foods at the moment and trying to get all the protein in and Water is hard when you have to drink at least 2Ls of water. OMGosh I can't wait to chew. I miss it so much.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I remember this feeling all too well...when my surgeon gave me the go-ahead to eat "mushy" foods I was thrilled. One month of nothing but liquids is a supreme test of will, for sure. I got a little bit of "chewing" during the liquid stage with my Popsicles, but that was it. Sinking my teeth into some actual meat felt really good. I didn't even mind that I had to chew it to paste, I actually enjoyed it :)

OMGosh so glad I'm not the only one. I'm on puréed foods at the moment and trying to get all the Protein in and Water is hard when you have to drink at least 2Ls of Water. OMGosh I can't wait to chew. I miss it so much.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Today was a good day as far as getting my Protein in.

Morning: over easy egg with veggie sausage patty. Veggie patty was awful and made me ill s I gave it and the rest of the package to the dog who seemed to love it.. The egg was great. = 6 g Protein

5 oz Isopure Protein Drink. Not the greatest flavor, a bit "mediciney" but drank it. = 10 g

Noon= 2 oz tuna w/ lite mayo. Yum. = 11 g

Afternoon= low fat cheddar slice with one slice of turkey. I find this goes down well with no issues. = 15 g

Isopure 5 oz =10 g

Dinner: Oven baked chicken strips. I had one, about 2 oz. = 13 g

Isopure 5 oz =10 g

Altogether I reached my 80 g just about.

Still working on my Water for the day!