Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 9/5/07 Not Feeling To Good!!

MY DOCTOR TOLD ME I HAD A HURNIA, SO MAYBE THAT'S WHY I'M IN SO MUCH PAIN. HAS ANYBODY OUT THERE HAD A HERNIA ALSO??;)

I didn't have one but I will say that day one and two post op were the hardest so far. I am three days post-op and i feel really good today. 100% difference. I am almost doing a little too much then I get a little weak and have to rest. The gas pains in my shoulders have been the worst part of all of it. Just move as much as you can and sip fluids. It will get better. I know its sucks right now...

No hernia, but I am 8 days post op and I am back at work (have been since day 5) But I will say - Day 2 and Day 3 were the WORST. It is amazing the difference you will feel on Day 4. I spent all of Day 2 heaving and wretching....horrible dry heaves, so painful. They finally just went away, but I found relief of abdominal pain by sleeping in a recliner with a pillow on each side of my abdomen. Laying flat on the bed still isn't a joy, so I still sleep in the recliner as needed. The gas pains in the back and shoulder will be surprisingly better if you move around more (though that sounds like hell, it really works) I guess it dislodges the bubbles? I felt gas pain under my sternum on Day 2 and 3 that was hideous, but was gone on Day 4.

Good luck to you and keep in touch!

I am 9 post op and i will have to say that, it will all get better. Like everyone else says, just keep walking and sipping Fluid. I agree that day 2 and 3 were the worst. I have been back to the gym from day 5 post op. No heavy weight lifting, but back on the elliptical and treadmill. Chin up, it will get better, just make sure you are drinking and how about your Vitamins? ??? Good Luck on your journey...

My doctor told my group that there was no chance of hernia with a lapriscopic procedure. Did they say yours was from the procedure or from something else?

Also, give it a week. I'm on day 11 and just started having energy today.

I'm on day 7 and still not in tip top shape. Day 2 and 3 I really questioned whether or not I made a HUGE/EXPENSIVE mistake. I've been back to work as of Day 5. On day 3 as I went to sleeo I never thought I'd wake up and feel a lot better but was suprised when I woke up feeling really good on day 4. Hang in there! For the last two days I've had a pain under my left ribs and it even hurts to breathe! What is that all about? More gas pain?

Liz, I'm on day 8 and felt exactly the same thing under my left rib yesterday! I slept in the recliner again last night, took pain med, and this morning it was gone. I have a feeling it was still more gas from the surgery. Hope yours disappears tonite too! Hang in there!

Do lots of thinking, and lots of research. It's a life-changing decision, and a very expensive one too! (you'll be a low BMI like me and probably have to self-pay) I began my Quest to lose the weight in November 2006 when I had my first consultation with my doctor. I went through testing, nutritionist visits, you name it, and my insurance finally turned me down for low BMI back in April. It took me until August 30, 2007 to finally decide I wanted this for myself anyway, enough to pay $15,000 out of my own pocket and actually do it. I'm only 8 days post-op, but so far I'm down 19lbs, I'm back at work, (in jeans I haven't fit into in over a year) and I'm feeling like so far so good. I've never lost 19 lbs. any other way, EVER. (and I've had 3 kids...I never lost that much of any of my baby weight, just kept packing more on) So for me, this is a major major thing.

Good luck on your quest...

Oh, forgot to tell you, I'm 5'5" and was 234 on the day I started my pre-op diet (2 weeks before surgery) I was 228 on the day I was banded. We sound like we have similar situations, and I hope you find your way to an awesome surgeon and get your life back from the weight. I feel like I'm on my way...

RedGirl, I am sorry you feel so awful. It will get better, I promise. I got my band on the 27th of August. I have the nightmare of all hernia stories.

Dr. Bryce said it was the largest he had ever seen. As a result of the trama of repairing the hernia, my band slipped. And I am talking about, I could not even pass the barium swallow test the first day; nor the second day. They tried twice the second day. I never went home. The evening of day 2, I was so sick and vomiting this funky stuff. Next day, I was in surgery 2.5 hours. I had to get a new band because the first one slipped due to the trama of that hernia. So, my day surgery ended up 5 days in the hospital.

I promise you will be better by this time tomorrow.

I have made it to day 8 and I remember day 2 and 3 real well. The recliner was my only choice for sleeping too. Now I feel much better, but still have the shoulderpain stuff.% more days till mushies:biggrin1: Still almost no apetite, but I'm not complaining about that part. Just wish I had more strength to walk more. Take care everybody....Dave:bounce::bounce:

This is day 3 for me and I am feeling the same pains under my sternum and left side-today is the worst day so far. I am really hoping it is better tomorrow. I pray for this... i have back pain too-not sure if this is more gas or not. everytime I try to drink it hurts-just a plain miserable day!Hang in there redgirl- I am right there with ya. my dr has me on liquids for 4 weeks post op- do not know how that is possible however there is no way I can even imagine the thoiught of food at this moment-since surgery I have dropped another 5 lbs.