Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jump on the Goal Train

:director:Ok Crazy Ates. Our surgery is done and we are recovering nicely. Sure we're still a little tired and on this weird post-op pre-fill diet. But it is time to get this wagon train a-rollin': let's set some GOALS! Not some little goals but some real down and dirty, kick butt, they-never-thought-they-would-see-the-day-I-did-it GOOOOOOOOOOOOOALS.

scale or NSV doesn't matter. It just has to be meaningful and motivating for you.

Toot, toot! All Aboard!

:)

Since I don't have to worry about shopping much -- I have many bins of clothes saved from my last great weightloss in 2002 and shouldn't need much of anything until I'm well below 250, I've picked travel as my reward!

My first goal is to hit 275. DH and I will take off for a weekend in San Antonio when I hit 275.

After that, we'll pick a destination and start planning for the next trip -- when I hit 250.

So, my goal is to make it to SA before Halloween!

I'd like to start with a goal of losing 8 lbs. in September. Tomorrow is my one month bandiversary and I have to wait 8 weeks for my first fill, so I'm completely on my own (no restriction throughout September). I don't want to set myself up for failure, but I want to stay motivated and I think about 2 lbs. a week should be doable.

Okay, I'm in.

You heard it here......

-I want to start a WALKING program on Labor Day. 30 minutes a day to start.

-I want to go back to work on Sept 10 (exactly one month from surgery date) weighing UNDER 200. It can be 199.999999. But, under 200.

-I want to buy a really beautiful, luxurious and elegantly sexy negligee for our trip to Napa in May (to Celebrate my DH's and several of our friends 50th birthdays)

That's it for now.

My goals, so far, are:

- to be under 300 by the end of Sept.

- to start back on Water aerobics on 9/10 and go at least 6 times in Sept.

- to be under 240 by the January Bandsters/DH birthday Vegas trip (was 240 when we went on our honeymoon, last time we were in Vegas)

Because I'm worth it! :whoo:

I'd like to be 250 by my vacation to Disney on 10/21/07. That's 24lbs - I think it might be a little unrealistic BUT ... it's going to be a hot and activity filled vacation with A LOT of walking. I want to be able to keep up and enjoy it as much as possible. Disney is suppose to be pretty "fat friendly" but I'd still like to go on some rides with my nephew and not have to worry as much about not fitting in them - lol!

I was walking my dog for 45 minutes a day, 5-6 days per week for about 3 weeks before surgery. I'd like to get back to that and even exceed it, in the next 2 weeks.

I haven't set any other real goals yet. I think the holidays, especially since I most likely still won't have good restriction by then, are going to be a challenge. I don't want to beat myself up if I have a hard time.

I am not sure if this is unrealistic or not. However, I would really like to get to 160-170 before xmas. That is my goal, I will work towards it and see what I come up with!

I thought a long time about goals, and the number on the scale is important to me I wanted other goals too. So first goal is to drop enough to go down a size in pants, next one is to be able to *comfortable* cross my legs like a lady (LOL lady and me in the same sentience) and then lastly I would like to be small enough for my husband to let me sit on his shoulders (like at a rock concert).

Great goals everyone! It's inspiring to read yours too!

Update to one of my goals... My Dr says no Water aerobics until I come in for my 4 week check up. So, my new goal is to start as soon as Dr allows.

I'm definitely on board with setting goals! :whoo: Weight-wise, I want to lose an average of 15 pounds per month through April. That would put me in one-derland by my birthday. It will be tough, I know, but now that I am putting it out there, I know that you all will hold me accountable. I also want to begin aerobic exercising (using The Firm tapes) and pilates as soon as I'm healed - but no later than September 29. Before then, I will increase my walking each morning and evening. Finally, once I lose thirty pounds, I want to start doing the Couch to 5K running program. I love the idea of using running as a stress reliever and mood elevator, rather than a large fry and two apple pies, like I am used to doing. ;)

Those are my goals. Hold me to it!

1st Goal- start going to the gym on daily basis after work (5 days/week)

2nd Goal- I want to be at least 60 lbs down by Christmas

I'll start small. Okay maybe a little bigger than small. Now I just need my body, mind, and scale to work together.;)

okay my goal is to be under 200 by my birthday in november.. lord knows I haven't seen the scale in the 1's since my daughter was born 9 years ago!!

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

banded 8/2/07

Dr. Carson Liu

246/226/160

1st fill 2.8 cc 8/30/07