Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I started this whole process because in December I found out I had to get a midline abdominal muscle resection and complete abdominal wall repair- due to multiple(4) large (largest is 5") complicated reoccurring hernias... went to a surgeon and he said lose 40lbs we'll do the surgery... that was December 2015 and I weighed 285lbs....

I have been trying to lose weight for 9 months- diets, meds, exercise, gym, more diets, more meds- And I actually gained 15 lbs smdh...3 months ago (6 months into failure) I decided to go ahead and proceed with Gastric Bypass Surgery as everyone had been suggesting... Still never lost any weight but maintained at 300lbs since I made the decision for weightloss surgery 3 months ago (even with diet and exercise).

Soooooooo.....

I am on my 4th day of my 2 week pre-op diet. So I weighed myself, for the hell of it, and I am so mad, yet not mad, and yet find it funny too... Apparently thanks to this pre-op diet I have finally lost weight!

I have been on pre-op diet for 4 days and I am down 7lbs!

OMFG I cannot believe it! Wow I am Happy to see some weight loss but OMG am I mad because it seems I could have done this diet months ago and possibly gotten my abdominal wall repair done already! But also I am so freaking happy to see the scale fall finally. And find it funny that you know 10 days out from bariatric surgery I FINALLY am starting to lose weight AFTER 9 FREAKING MONTHS LOL....

But in the end I am happy to be below 300 and excited to continue to watch the scale fall.... 10 more days til surgery! I can't wait!

Congrats on making the scale move!!!! You have a lot going on - So happy for you....seeing the numbers drop down motivates me to stick to this part of the diet, I hope it is for you too!

Thinking of you...not long for us now :)

Sent from my iPod touch using the BariatricPal App

Congrats on making the scale move!!!! You have a lot going on - So happy for you....seeing the numbers drop down motivates me to stick to this part of the diet, I hope it is for you too!

Thinking of you...not long for us now :)

Yes FINALLY seeing the scale move in the downward direction was amazing and very motivating! How are you doing on this day 4? Only 10 more days to go! Luckily I have appointments Monday, Tuesday, Friday- have errands on Wednesday/Thursday, my oldest has Homecoming Game Friday, Homecoming Dance Saturday, and My Youngest's birthday party is Sunday! So I am sincerely hopeful that once Monday hits time will FLY by!

It actually seems a bit easier today thankfully. Like you I had a scale victory so that has cheered me up & taken my mind off how hungry I think I am lol

Is it really only 10 days!? Gosh!

I am a bit more tired & lacking energy but doing ok :)

Good luck on your upcoming surgery.

Start my pre-op diet tomorrow and I'm nervous about being able to stick to it. Surgery date is 9-26-16.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App