Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Felix Spiegel versus Dr. Adam Namman in Houston, Texas

I am considering the lap band surgery. Two doctors come highly recommended to me, Dr. Felix Spiegel and Dr. Adam Naaman. Has anybody had the lap band surgery by either one of these doctors?

Has anyone heard which one of these doctors is better? Can I get personal opinions on these two doctors? I want to have the best surgery possible, and I need help finding the right doctor. So anybody out there that has information on these two doctors in Houston let me know.

Thanks,

Debi:help:

My mom was banded by Dr. Felix Spiegel last September. Although she doesn't really see him much for her fills because she goes to the surgery center and the nurse does them. I just hear the after care is not good at all and not only him, but his office staff are rude. Hope this helps.

I attended Dr. Spiegel's seminar and was not the least bit impressed by him personally. I do not know anything about the other doctor you mentioned.

Dr. Hadar Spivak did my surgery and I would recommend him to anyone. He is the best and his office staff are fabulous. You couldn't ask for better. 713-520-8900.

Lynn

Ditto what Mommi said!! :girl_hug:

I also had considered Dr. Spiegel because a friend of mine used him for his surgery. After reading the posts on this board and searching the internet, I have chosen to go with Dr. Hadar Sivak. I go to the seminar on September 8. Hopefully I will have the surgery the next week.

II have chosen to go with Dr. Hadar Sivak. I go to the seminar on September 8. Hopefully I will have the surgery the next week.

You won't be sorry, I promise. Best of luck to you!

Lynn

I was banded by Dr. Spiegel on the 31st of August. Prior to that I talked to other surgeons but always came back to Dr Speigel. He has the experience and confidence that I was looking for. His office staff has always been nice to me. I did not see the problems that others have as for as them being rude.

I was banded by Dr. Spiegel on the 31st of August. Prior to that I talked to other surgeons but always came back to Dr Speigel. He has the experience and confidence that I was looking for. His office staff has always been nice to me. I did not see the problems that others have as for as them being rude.

Did you ever consider going to Dr. Spivak? I had originally thought about going to Dr. Spiegel then I read the boards. If you went to Spivak's seminar, what was the difference between Spivak and Spiegel.

No, Dr Spivak is not one of the Doctor's I visited. I have heard of the name before, but that is as far as it goes.

The only things I can tell you is to go and compare the two for yourself. What makes others comfortable may not meet your standards.

I know at least 5 people who was banded by Dr Spiegel and all of them have nothing but wonderful things to say about him and I have seen first hand the results they are achieving by following his instructions for after care.

I have a follow up visit with Spiegel Monday, I will let you know how that goes.

No, Dr Spivak is not one of the Doctor's I visited. I have heard of the name before, but that is as far as it goes.

The only things I can tell you is to go and compare the two for yourself. What makes others comfortable may not meet your standards.

I know at least 5 people who was banded by Dr Spiegel and all of them have nothing but wonderful things to say about him and I have seen first hand the results they are achieving by following his instructions for after care.

I have a follow up visit with Spiegel Monday, I will let you know how that goes.

How did your appt. with Spiegel go. I had debated back and forth between Spiegel and Spivak. I have decided to go with Spiegel since that is the only kind of surgery he does. I went to the seminar on Saturday and I was very impressed with his knowledge. I have the surgery scheduled for Friday, September 14. I am so excited.

How did your appt. with Spiegel go. I had debated back and forth between Spiegel and Spivak. I have decided to go with Spiegel since that is the only kind of surgery he does. I went to the seminar on Saturday and I was very impressed with his knowledge. I have the surgery scheduled for Friday, September 14. I am so excited.

Good luck! let me know how your surgery goes. Keep me posted.

Debi

Personally I thought that Spivak was great UNTIL my insurance declined coverage. They basically showed me the door and told me good luck. This was after they pledged to fight the might insurance companies during their info session that they want you to attend. I found the office staff rude when I asked for their help to build a case to my insurance company.

I actually went to Dr. St. Laurent and he was my choice. My insurance would cover it this time, but he was not on our particular plan. He referred me to Dr. Bradley Waggoner.

Dr. Waggoner was very good and his office did a lot of legwork on my behalf to make sure that the insurance had everything they needed to get my surgery approved. They have handled everything along the way with excellence.