Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 14 days out and looking for some advice on when I can add back some more interesting exercise. I have been walking quite a bit but would like to know when I can add other exercises. I know weightlifting is a few weeks out. But how about the following activities?

Rowing?

Jogging?

Abdominal work?

Has anyone seen a gastric sleeve exercise plan? maybe even something that would help with loose skin?

I feel like lots of walking is the best exercise. If you are bored, download PokemonGo.

Anything that works your core risks a hernia so check with your Dr.

Jogging at 300 lbs? You weight is probably not up to date, risks injury and if you get injured you will be further behind than if you just walk.

I was cleared for other exercise at my one month appointment. until then it was just walking. but you can vary the venue, get creative. choose a different park to walk in when possible - if the weather is not good go to the mall at a not busy time and get circling the mall. I hope you're not stuck on a treadmill! if you are then please enjoy a movie or tv while you walk or a nature video - or an audio book.

My Dr Approved me to go back to gentle yoga practice at 2 weeks out. I'm a teacher and keep up a regular practice so that was my biggest concern. Most of the poses were doable though twists were harder at first. Everything else I've waited till the 1 month mark for.

My Dr Approved me to go back to gentle yoga practice at 2 weeks out. I'm a teacher and keep up a regular practice so that was my biggest concern. Most of the poses were doable though twists were harder at first. Everything else I've waited till the 1 month mark for.

At 2 weeks my doc cleared me for pretty much whateber i could tolerate except kickboxing while maintaining my 50lb weight lifting restriction.

Sent from my SM-N900P using the BariatricPal App

Right now I'm just building up my strength and stamina. I'm hoping by 8 weeks to be up to 4 days a week 1 hour. Currently I'm at 3 days a week 1 hour. 2 days at the gym 1 day freeplay- biking, walking, hiking trail, hills, whatever. In the gym its 30 min cardio and then 30 minutes strength training with a focus on either upper or lower extremities.

I'm looking to get a trial membership at Powerhouse Gym soon. So when I pick up my 4th (maybe even a 5th) day I can take a class like Body Pump or Spinning, and maybe get a trainer to help me develop my strength training program.

I'm in the beginning stages... a work in progress.

I will reach my two week stage 8/22/2016. I'm gonna start the track today. I have my first appointment with the Dr Monday since surgery and I'm going to see wen I can apply for gym membership

Sent from my VS987 using the BariatricPal App

I was on a 8 week restriction following surgery. I couldn't do anything but walk. I also had a hiatal hernia repair. When is your 2 week follow up? They should let you know what you're cleared for.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My surgeon has a physiologist so they give us exercise plans. But this website has a lot of good information. http://www.bariatric-surgery-source.com/exercise-for-bariatric-surgery-patients.html

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App