Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The struggle is real and why I'm going through with it.

That's exactly the reason I finally gave myself this gift, sleeved on 6/7! Has not been an easy journey I had my doubts, I have my moments but I know this is the best decision I could have ever made and the best thing I have ever done for myself. Finally, for myself. Good luck to all of you as you start your own journeys

Here I am less than 36 hours before I take my seat on the losers bench. Currently on day 12 on my 14 day liquid diet. Pause to knock on wood, I made it with out cheating and no major craving episodes. Hopped on the scale this morning and I'm down 14 lbs since my pre-op visit, 36 since I started this journey in March 2016. Someone today applauded my weight loss and commented, that if I can do this without surgery, why am I having surgery. Well my friend I said with a smile on my face. These 5 months have prepared me for the rest of my life. See, I've lost massive amounts of weight before, once I took phentermine and lost about 50 lbs, of course when I got off the drug I gained about seventy. About 7 years ago I went on a high Protein, low carb diet, joined a gym and exercised 6 days a week. I lost a whopping 90 lbs, of course along came a job change, a new roommate, a change in habits.... and I gained 110, imagine going to bed one night wearing a size 10 and waking up in the morning wearing a size 22. I know it didn't happen like that, but that's what it felt like happened. See yo yo dieting is real, the struggle is real, and the mind and body play tricks on you. Each time you lose and gain your metabolism slows, your mind tricks you into craving the sweet, the fatty, the salty. Your body wants more, and it stores more (fat that is). That's only part of my story, but you get the drift. I've gone through it, and that's why I am going through with it.

Good for you for making the decision to make a life long change. People won't understand but they don't have to. Your not doing this for applause your doing it so all your efforts can finally pay off and STAY OFF !!! good for you!

Sent from my SM-G920F using the BariatricPal App

Your story sounds like mine. I go for surgery tomorrow, yes I am so nervous. I wish you the very best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

Good luck to you... I remember being in your shoes the night before surgery. Remember from here... It's 1 day at Time

Sent from my SM-G920F using the BariatricPal App

WLS works! For the long term for many. Much better chance at succeeding at living at a lower weight than ANY other option.

So thankful it allowed me to get off the weight roller coaster and live! For years and years. I could not do that before I got my band .

Best of luck to all that want to stop feeling like they failed at losing weight.

This!! So much this! I have been a big girl my whole life, with all the highs and lows of yo yo dieting starting at about the age of 10. If we could do it alone we wouldn't be here talking to each other comforting and encouraging each other. (So glad I found this community btw, nobody i know personally understands!) I have gone through my entire life losing some, and then gaining even more back over and over again. I'm looking forward to finally having the tools I need to get healthy. I start my 2 week liquid diet later this week! Luck to all and a little for myself lol. Cheers!

I agree that no one seems to get it except for my dr who has watched me diet myself up 30 additional pounds over the last few years. Thank you for sharing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the BariatricPal App

Some people don't understand that the struggle is real. I've been a yo-yo dieter my entire adult life and this is the absolute last resort for me. It amazes me how people know my body better than i do. They tell me that I don't need the surgery!!!!! Yeah they know my body better than my doctor and I. Ok rant over thanks for listening.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Same here. Thank you for sharing!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the BariatricPal App

Wishing you the best. I had full gastric bypass 11 yrs ago. Lost 100 lbs originally. Have not had a carbonated beverage since. Have changed eating pattern as well. Started gaining weight about 6 years ago again. Doctor said it was normal for my body to gain a few pounds back. Was not happy about it but ok. I don't eat more than 1 small meal a day. Drink lots of Water with propel. Now after this amount of time they say I have tricked my body into starving mode and liver is dumping sugar into my system. Nutrition person wants me to start eating more. I'm scared. I have almost gained all of the weight back and I swar I have not cheated. Any ideas would be wonderful.

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

I understand everything you are saying. I have started my journey 8 yrs ago deciding on what to do about my weight. I have lost and gained more back. I have been to Drs on a diet pill that made me so sick. Stop that go to a nutritionist I follow exact plan only loose 20 pounds and I stall. It is very frustrating especially when others do not understand what we are doing through. I wish you well on your journey and I started my liquid diet today and get sleeved on August 18th. Best of luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@walkermy I can't tell you enough, how much I relate to this! So many people that I have shared with, have said the same to me, "You have done it before, why not do it again", and it's because in reality, I have FAILED every time because when I first weighed in with my surgeon, I was once again ...... the heaviest I have ever been.

Best of luck on your surgery! :D

Good luck! Absolutely will be a great tool to help keep the weight off. I had my sleeve on 8-1 so im a bit sore but excited to start this chapter. Everyday it get Better! Prayers for you! You got this!

Sent from my SM-S765C using the BariatricPal App

I'm in your shoes. I've lost and gained and lost and gained. My surgery is 8/16/16. Good luck to you!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

So relieved that I'm not the only one getting this from others. I've been dieting for 10 months, not counting my 2 weeks pre-op 800 calorie diet. I've lost 38 lbs., so it shows. All I hear is you can do it on your own,don't get the surgery. Well like all of you I have lost weight over and over for 40 years only to regain and then some. It was so bad that my children always asked, are you eating our food or diet food? I have been so happy to get this tool to help in this problem, and all I get is pleading with 12me not to do it. Thank God for my husband who understands and for all of you. I have surgery Aug.12.

I wish you all the best, I went to the opposite side of the losing and it has been a psychological night mare. I don't eat but I don't lose. They say eat to lose to quit gaining now. It just seems backwards. Just wanted yall to know the other end of this surgery from a sane person that has had opposite to happen on losing/gaining. At this point starting next week I have nothing to lose, I am trying to go back to very basics on our food plan post surgery to see if there is something my metabolism is not catching. The bad fluctuations on the diabetes is back. My prayers are with yall on your journey. Remember it is your journey and not other peoples' they can only influence you if you let them. Also, after the surgery I can not tell yall how happy I was with the pounds coming off. But when asked how I would say I had the surgery and people would say Well that was easy you did not have to do anything for this to happen. I was like it's just the hardest thing I have ever done in my life time. But, they would go from being happy for me to looking down there noses at me. Wow you want people to be happy for you as much as you are but that is not always the case. Just remember to be strong you are doing it for yourself and in this case you are all that matters. This surgery saved my life. I just have to find out what is going wrong with it now and start the journey back. Love all of yall. Best of luck.

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App