Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food items that I am scared of..

@OCKPirate Thanks on the nut clarification! ...also I'm only mentally 12. Maturity level and whatnot. ;)

One has to be VERY careful on the web these days. @Alex has enough problems with rude people, he doesn't need someone being accused of being a pedophile or anything. ;-) Geez what is the web coming to these days?

Uh oh, now you're on some sort of internet predator watchlist ;) haha!

Lol. I won't touch them because then I will taste and be reminded of the forbidden flavours and then I might be in trouble again. I consider them extremely unhealthy food.

I am also scared of processed meats.

I am about 3 months out.

I can and I will.

Edited by Lema

In here we will post about foods that we are scared of or food items that make us nervous/guilty. We will share our opinions and hopefully give each other insight on whether our guilt or anxiety can be justified or not.

I am scared of the following items.

Potatoes

Peanut Butter

cheese

Rice

bread

Ice cream (even two spoons)

Home made yogurt

Canned Soups

I have recently had half a cup of small sized Tim Hortons coffee and dumped the rest out of too much guilt. I had apples with Peanut Butter and nearly cried from guilt..

I am afraid that I might be depriving myself of even the stuff that I am supposed to have..

I can and I will.

A lot of these I don't think are unhealthy like you said?

I think yogurt, certain cheese, natural peanut butter and brown rice are totally OK for us!

Lol. I won't touch them because then I will taste and be reminded of the forbidden flavours and then I might be in trouble again. I consider them extremely unhealthy food.

I am about 3 months out.

I can and I will.

Oh ok I get it!

I am still too early post-op (3.5 weeks) to even think about trying any food that I overindulged in pre-op.

Also was diagnosed celiac at the same time so my list would have included pizza, Pasta, but I can't ever have them again bc of the wheat.

So I'm not sure what would make my list at this point. Oh I know- chocolate!

Edited by higher

I'm 1 month post op... I am afraid of bread, pizza,carby foods. I am afraid they will swell up and get stuck in my sleeve and make me extremely uncomfortable for at least 12 hours to remind me of the bad choices I made and I can't be having that. Plus I feel like its a trigger food. BESIDES if I can only have 3 bites of it... why bother. ;)

once past having medical problems and cleared to eat any kind of food, I refuse to be *afraid of* or *guilty* about any foods.

that being said the sleeve makes it pretty darn easy for me to stick with my plan, and that is why I am happy with my surgery results. before surgery my hunger was unmanageable.

I am about 3 months out.

I can and I will.

Oh ok I get it!

I am still too early post-op (3.5 weeks) to even think about trying any food that I overindulged in pre-op.

Also was diagnosed celiac at the same time so my list would have included pizza, Pasta, but I can't ever have them again bc of the wheat.

So I'm not sure what would make my list at this point. Oh I know- chocolate!

I hate pizza! And anything with cheese on it. It grosses me out.

You should get your proton powder in chocolate flavour.

I can and I will.

There is low fat cheese, and how much could you possibly eat right?

I know a lady who had a gastric bypass and she keeps a jar of Peanut Butter under the seat of her car just in case she forgets to eat or feels weird.. Then she's got something. Making your own Soup is easy and probably better, but then we end up with this big pot of it. But some Soups freeze well. Dairy, bread and potatoes I'd be scared of too! Dairy and starch

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Hretan01

I keep Peanut Butter on hand, I find one or two teaspoons is very satisfying. coffee should actually be fine, caffeine can cause irritation after surgery but a few months out shouldn't be an issue. Just stay away from cream and sugar. A medium dunkin with milk and artificial sweetener is only around 50 calories.

I had the same problem, I was just hungry all the time, always foraging for food. The difference between then and now is amazing. I have to be careful or I forget to eat.

Christinamo7, on 02 Aug 2016 - 14:07, said:

once past having medical problems and cleared to eat any kind of food, I refuse to be *afraid of* or *guilty* about any foods.

that being said the sleeve makes it pretty darn easy for me to stick with my plan, and that is why I am happy with my surgery results. before surgery my hunger was unmanageable.

I am not "afraid" of certain foods either, but I do have certain foods that I have a healthy amount of respect for. Some, I simply do not eat, because I know that they will either slow or stop my progress. My sleeve has really helped me to choose better foods, to savor every portion, and make sure it's something that helps me rather than hurting me. I never thought I would be able to eat healthy and not feel deprived and depressed about it. Love my sleeve!!

I try not to be *afraid* of certain foods but I do categorize foods in ways that make it easy for me to quickly make decisions on what I will eat (or not eat) and how often. I try not to make it so complicated that it becomes inconvenient.

Basic rule of thumb for me is to stick a whole-foods based diet. Stay away from processed or refined products. I really feel that's been the key for me.

Watch the documentary called "Fed Up" and you might be afraid of processed foods when you're done. It really hit home for me. As a father, it was one of the most moving and infuriating docs I've ever seen...and it explains so much of how I got to where I was pre-op. Unlike the doc, however, I don't blame anyone but me for that, but at least now I know what to avoid B)

The only food that scares me is Kraft "Easy Cheese".

cheese should never come in an aerosol can! :)