Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery tomorrow morning and I'm thinking about cancelling.

My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow at 7am. I've worked so hard over the past 6 months to get to this point and now I am really freaking out if I'm making the right decision.

I've been very happy even though I'm overweight and I LOVE eating, being on a liquid diet has confirmed that. So I am debating now if my quality of life will really be better if I'm thinner/healthier but unhappy because I won't be able to eat the things I used to.

Am I crazy? Is this just jitters? Logically I know this is the right decision for me and my body I'm Just so scared I am going to regret this.

Help!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

The limitations on what you can eat are only for a little while. You can eat more things in larger amount with more variety each month.

The healing period in the very beginning drops weight fast so you get results fast. Even people that lose "slow" are losing faster than they ever have.

I didn't have jitters or regrets and one year later it is one of the best decisions I ever made in my life.

You have to decide what works for you though. Good luck

most people are nervous and uncertain. it is a major life change.

where do you want to be in six months?

here's the deal. I'm almost 5 months out. I *can* eat anything I want physically speaking - but my tastes and habits have changed. I eat way less, but I am completely satisfied with what I am eating. I am and have always been a real foodie. but not necessarily for the same foods. and I love being down in weight - every aspect of my life has been improved.

but in your case? it's all up to you.

Most people have second thoughts especially the day or two before, I know I did. With that said 8 months out I know its the best discision I mad and my only regret is I didn't do it sooner.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using the BariatricPal App

Definitely had some apprehension and worry, I had never had a surgery before and here I was electing to alter my body. But knew I needed it to live longer and better. So far, and I am new, no regrets.

Edited by chycky

VSG is permanent...but you've known this throughout your preparatory months (nutritional counseling, psychiatric eval, all of the required medical visits)

Change can be scary...I'm nearly 8 months out--and, "fortunately", was able to do some serious changing beforehand...so the post-op changes were more about me "getting acquainted" with my new banana-sized stomach.

This was my first elective surgery--but something I knew that I desperately needed...so, despite it being permanent & viewed as extreme/ drastic to many-- It has been THE BEST gift I've ever given myself...hands-down.

You can read success story after success story here on this forum...There are so very few "failures" out there to read about. -- This surgery has been life-changing---and only is the best of ways.

Hugs and peace of mind to you...In the morning, you will do what's right for you! :)

I also had doubts. I went back and read my journal entries that I wrote when I started down this path as to why I wanted to have WLS. That helped calm me down and I had the surgery 2 months ago. So far I am doing great and down about 30 pounds.

Hang tight, LA lady. You chose to do this for all the right reasons. Pre-surgery jitters are expected; after all, this is a major lifestyle change you are choosing, but it's going to make you SO MUCH healthier! I've talked to lots of folks who've had the surgery and they all say this is the best thing they've done for themselves. The restrictions ease up after the first 6 months, and they all have said they can eat pretty much what they like, but now they are happy consuming about a half-cup of food at a sitting instead of a mountain, as well as making smart choices about what they eat. My cousin jokes that she's the cheapest date around; she goes out for "50 cent chicken wing night" and can eat about 2 wings and has a 4 ounce beer! However.. she is satisfied with this and SO pleased to have dropped 120 pounds this year. In fact, today (it's a gorgeous day here in Maine) she took her bike and bathing suit and went biking in a local state park. She also went SWIMMING... first time she's been in the Water for 12 years! Reading her post about this is heart-warming and inspiring. That's going to be YOU soon... healthier than ever, happy with your choice. YOU CAN DO THIS!!

It's normal to feel nervous or want to back out. You have to be real with yourself and ask yourself where you'll be in a year, 5 years, 10 years if you continue on your path you've been on? If you're like me, you can't do it on your own, or else you already would have. The problem with your eating, is that you've allowed yourself to believe the lie that it is giving you a quality life. It is not. It is giving you a shorter, tougher and sadder life. Don't let your food addiction trick you.

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

My surgery is tomorrow too, We are sleeve sisters!! Stay strong, you have put in so much work and you abviously are ready, or else you wouldn't have worked your booty off to get where you are today. I am nervous too, but just remember that I will be getting sleeved tomorrow with you :) so you aren't alone!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

Edited by CNOEL3

hey bud

you did it - you did it!!!

how did things go??

normal side effects?

gas, weak, tired, sore?

things should get better day by day :rolleyes:

get plenty of rest

drink sllllllowly

don't push anything

if you have kids - hope someone can help you out

YOU are the important one!!!

take care

speedy recovery

kathy

hey bud

you did it - you did it!!!

how did things go??

normal side effects?

gas, weak, tired, sore?

things should get better day by day :rolleyes:

get plenty of rest

drink sllllllowly

don't push anything

if you have kids - hope someone can help you out

YOU are the important one!!!

take care

speedy recovery

kathy

I am experiencing all of those things. The gas is the absolute worst right now. Everyone else who had surgery in my ward yesterday seemed to not have any gas problems, since I was almost the only one up walking 5-10 laps every hr to relieve it. I've been home now for about 4hrs and I am super sore and tired. I cant have more than 3 baby sips of my broth, and about the same of my Water. I am miserable, but I don't regret the surgery 1 bit. My grandma always tells me "this too, shall pass" I just wish it would pass sooner!!!!

I'm still in hospital. Coming on 2nd night because my nausea and pain was just too much that the whole first day I didn't get out of bed or sip anything.

Much better today but walking has not taken the gas away! Still haven't farted :( just burps.

Hoping tomorrow will be a better day. And even though it's been tough I am not regretting anything yet!

I'm still in hospital. Coming on 2nd night because my nausea and pain was just too much that the whole first day I didn't get out of bed or sip anything.

Much better today but walking has not taken the gas away! Still haven't farted :( just burps.

Hoping tomorrow will be a better day. And even though it's been tough I am not regretting anything yet!

I feel ya! I would seriously give my left arm if I could just fart. Haha. I know it will make me feel better. I hope it gets better for you!