Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Approved and surgery scheduled Aug 1st

I did great, surgery Monday home Tuesday afternoon. I'm having no pain just have some gas trapped from anesthesia so I'm walking all the time. It's a challenge getting the liquid in but it's getting better every day. I didn't think it would be so easy. Im swallowing pills and on Jello, Soup, and sf Popsicles. I haven't weighed yet I'm going to give it a week.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I did great, surgery Monday home Tuesday afternoon. I'm having no pain just have some gas trapped from anesthesia so I'm walking all the time. It's a challenge getting the liquid in but it's getting better every day. I didn't think it would be so easy. Im swallowing pills and on Jello, Soup, and sf Popsicles. I haven't weighed yet I'm going to give it a week.

What Soups are you doing?

I had surgery on Monday 8/8 and I went home today. I've had some serious dry heaving, but thank the Lord everything has stayed down. No gas pain and just on lap site that hurts really bad. Apart from that I'm doing great! Glad I only spent one night hospital. I didn't get a lot of Proteins in today, but try and meet my goals tomorrow.

It's been a better day today! No dry heaving today, but everything that hits my stomach feels weird. I hope it goes away. I'm practically taking the pain meds every four hours because one lap site hurts very bad. And as soon as I take the pain meds, the pain goes away within ten minutes then I want to sleep! Lol!

I'm so sorry you've been so sick, I took my pain pills at home for a few days and went down to one every six hours instead of two until I felt ready. I've figured out I can't handle 30 grams of Protein at once with out it making my stomach feel uncomfortable so I cut it in half and have been fine, I also found these Atkins drinks called Lift - zero sugar/20 protein/2 carbs so I Water them down a little and put it in my large yeti and sip it all day till I need to refill. There are some days I don't get all my Protein in but I keep trying and I'm going to order the Protein powder to add to sugar free pudding.

How are all the 8/1 sleeves doing?

I'm doing great almost four weeks out and I feel like a new person. I'm down 18 lbs after going thru my first stall at almost two weeks but figured it was everything adjusting. I'm back on track and have had no problems, I still am keeping things pretty bland but so happy to be on soft food. I didn't tell many of my friends but the few I did tell have been great, a couple of friend that are a little envious and just won't talk about or be very supportive but I get it, I think fear holds a lot of people back from making this decision and it's a very personal one to make. I hope all you other 8/1 peeps are doing great and have had a good and uneventful recovery too, I'd love to hear from you guys.

Glad you're doing great! I was sleeved on 8/8 and currently going through a difficult stall! I hate it. I lost 13lbs the first 2 weeks and the scale haven't moved since. Do frustrating! I know it is to be expected but still. I'm walking on the treadmill one hour each day and following the diet and getting in my Protein and Vitamins. I really want to be out of this stall soon.