Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My work here is done

So it's very obvious the new newbies want nothing to do with hearing what successful WLS patients have to say. The recent debate over the the eating bacon 1 week postop makes it perfectly clear that what they want is for someone to tell them it's OK to be stupid. They are not interested in listening to their surgeons or nuts or veterans. Self sabotage is the new fad and compliance is apparently out of style. I made the mistake of responding to the post when, as a veteran, I should have known better. Turns out I'm just a big meanie (no surprise there!) At this point it's 95% newbies posting on that thread who don't have a clue what the long term repercussions of eating off plan so soon will lead to. The blind leading the blind.

Oh well. It will be interesting to see the stats of successful EWL go down over the next few years as more and more unprepared, uncommitted people continue to have WLS. In the meantime, I'm outa here. The newbies won. As hard as it is to tear my eyes away from the car wreck, I just can't take anymore people that do stupid shit and then whine about getting their feelings hurt. Someone PM me when the grown ups start joining again.

Thank you, my friend, Kindle.

Job well done.

Bless you for all of the wonderful kindness , support and on point advice you have given to me.

Your level headedness will be missed.

Happy Trails! :)

So it's very obvious the new newbies want nothing to do with hearing what successful WLS patients have to say. The recent debate over the the eating bacon 1 week postop makes it perfectly clear that what they want is for someone to tell them it's OK to be stupid. They are not interested in listening to their surgeons or nuts or veterans. Self sabotage is the new fad and compliance is apparently out of style. I made the mistake of responding to the post when, as a veteran, I should have known better. Turns out I'm just a big meanie (no surprise there!) At this point it's 95% newbies posting on that thread who don't have a clue what the long term repercussions of eating off plan so soon will lead to. The blind leading the blind.

Oh well. It will be interesting to see the stats of successful EWL go down over the next few years as more and more unprepared, uncommitted people continue to have WLS. In the meantime, I'm outa here. The newbies won. As hard as it is to tear my eyes away from the car wreck, I just can't take anymore people that do stupid **** and then whine about getting their feelings hurt. Someone PM me when the grown ups start joining again.

We don't always see eye to eye, but I agree. This is EXACTLY why we need a VET forum that is actually restricted to vets. ;)

You know you were invited elsewhere. You are still welcome. ;)

@@Kindle You are an adult and can make your own calls. I have enjoyed your posts and thanks for having the courage to share your very real struggles. I hope I have been some help, for you have helped me.

@@Kindle

I have always appreciated your feed back. Even when its blunt and to the point. ;)

Yup, completely understand. Took all my pics down and minimized my profile because I'm checking in periodically only to see a few people's posts (you know who you are) and check out anything new in the veterans forums. Seems most of these newbies have everything handled and don't need our help. I sure needed and appreciated yours when I was new!

Oh well. I'll go on living my life as a normal sized person because I loved and took to heart all the advice I got from veterans on this forum. Still will to maintain it, too.

Yup, completely understand. Took all my pics down and minimized my profile because I'm checking in periodically only to see a few people's posts (you know who you are) and check out anything new in the veterans forums. Seems most of these newbies have everything handled and don't need our help. I sure needed and appreciated yours when I was new!

Oh well. I'll go on living my life as a normal sized person because I loved and took to heart all the advice I got from veterans on this forum. Still will to maintain it, too.

Hey, @Babbs. Good to see you. I've been wondering where you were.

As a newbie, I'll miss your advice.

@@Sophie74656

Yeah and everyone that didn't baby them and join in on the food addicts acting like food addicts train was told they were over reacting. The whole thread is an embarrassment.

It's why I don't post much anymore.

Sad thing is I stopped talking to a friend who would ask and do the same thing eating what you shouldn't. Which I'm new to this app but not to the whole process got so close many times but insurance changed but now it is my time. But basically she was new at this whole process and told me what to do all the time but it was wrong.... Sad stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Just for the record, I'm a post op newbie (RNY 6/27) and when I saw the bacon post I was completely disgusted and went to a different page. When someone does something that stupid they are NOT going to make it. Just sayin. I wouldn't waste time on stubborn newbies who don't really want help or get defensive. I listened to the good advice from this site and will be successful bc of it. Bacon? One week out? Really??!!!