Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just wanted to update everyone. Had my surgery September 8th. My first couple days of recovery were the easiest, unfortunately the past couple days I had a reaction to the surgical glue and my body broke out in itchy hives. So now I'm on steroids and using hydrocortisone cream. I've also had a lot of cramping but that's from not getting enough fluids in so that's something I'm working on. As far as weight loss, I don't know how it is possible but as of today I've lost 38.6 lbs since September 9th (I weighed myself when I got home as they didn't weigh me when I left the hospital)!

Holy crap, @@CrystalS86! Amazing! I have heard of the allergic reaction to the glue with others. Great job!

Thanks @@Heather l !!!! Yeah the reaction has been the worst part of recovery but I know it's all worth it in the end!

Sipping my magnesium citrate now, curious when it's kicking in!

I start mine within the next 2 hours. Curious about how long before it works. I had to drink them before for colonoscopies, however, I can't recall the reaction time.

So I have my date set for the 22 of September and Im a little bit nervous. anyone out there a September bro or sis that we can encourage each other on this looser path LOL.... This is the Looser path cause we are going ot loooooooooseeeee all of theweight that have hold us in doing a lot of things in life. The tool given to us is to have a better quality in life..... Lets get this party started....!!!!!!!!!

My date is set for the 28th of Sept. so im right here with you on the nervous scale. Good luck to you keeping positive thoughts your way!

Well my prep appointment is complete, I'm ready to go. I'm still not nervous, not scared, not excited. Got bad news today. My Dr's practice will be leaving this area, 2 months after my surgery. So I will need to find a Dr in Richmond 1.5 hours away from me. Feeling frustrated over it, I didn't work this hard and long to have surgery to back out now because the hospital is removing his specialty.

Well it's done I've been home since last night, walking around the house since we have had bad weather. Not a lot of pain just a little uncomfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

That's great kittmom! I just had my surgery yesterday. They haven't let me get up and walk yet, or have anything besides ice and sips. Pain is tolerable.

I was up walking the hall of the hospital at around 11:30pm. With my nurses, they let me walk then back to bed, I'm not one that can sit or lay for long periods, still walking the house, still bad weather, my back hurts more than my surgery, Overall feeling pretty good, sipping Water, tea, broth for something warm. Hope you have a Speedy recovery

How is everyone doing? This thread has been kind of quiet

My surgery date was 9/8, i lost 46 lbs and 17.5 inches in my first month. Most of that, shockingly, was lost in my first two weeks. I definitely have stalled out these past few weeks and have lost and gained the same two lbs over and over. Starting to incorporate some more exercise in and hopefully get over this hump. Still struggling with getting my Protein in though unfortunately

My surgery was 9/26. I had only lost 20 lbs as of my last appointment which was last week. I try not to weigh often yet. Only at appointments. I will update after my next one.

Sent from my LGMS428 using the BariatricPal App

That's amazing. Congrats to both of you!!