Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had no clue you had sleep apnea?

Has anyone been diagnosed with sleep apnea thru this process and had no clue before hand? Just curious. I go for my sleep study Wednesday night and I have no idea what it will reveal. My husband says I snore loud almost every night. He sleeps with ears plugs

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

sleep apnea is a serious sleep disorder that can cause weight gain beside high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke & diabetes. It doesn't go away with ear plugs.

I would be learning everything possible.

Edited by UCLA man

Yes, I did find out through the sleep study. I had no idea that I had it. I will tell you that I had the best sleep every once I got my CPAP. It is self regulated.

sleep apnea is a serious sleep disorder that can cause weight gain beside high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke & diabetes. It doesn't go away with ear plugs.

I would be learning everything possible.

I'm aware

I had no idea I had sleep apnea before my sleep study. I can't wait to get reevaluated after I lose more weight. I hate it.

I told my surgeon flat out that I didn't have it. I'm still not sure I really do, despite the fact I was diagnosed with it. The sleep study found that I had 6 incidences per hour. I think 5 or fewer is normal. I hate the CPAP, and I will be ditching it the moment I can. I have never slept as poorly as I have since I started wearing the mask. I clock watch constantly, waiting for the (insurance required) 4 hours per night to be up so I can pull the mask off and sleep without it.

The CPAP was never effective for me. I tried all 3 different types of masks. Never felt better in the morning after a night using the CPAP. Even went in for a 'titration' study where they adjust the settings throughout the night to find the optimal setting. sleep apnea was the medical problem I wanted most to be eliminated by weight loss surgery.

Success!!! After a 30 pound (10%) weight loss the sleep apnea is gone. No more snoring and finally getting restful sleep after 5 years of being sleep deprived.

I hope you have the same experience!

I found out shorty before my surgery when on a weekend trip with my husband and parents. My father was super freaked out because of the horrible noises I was making in my sleep. I had no idea of course. I was so mad at my (soon to be ex) husband for knowing about it and never saying anything about it

I had to have a sleep study as part of my preop requirements and they told me I have sleep apnea. I never would have guessed. I have zero symptoms other than some snoring if I lay on my back which I rarely do. I sleep soundly, wake up rested, no headaches or daytime drowsiness.

I can't imagine that I will sleep better with hoses attached to my face, but they won't do my surgery unless I get an apap, so I plan on renting one just long enough for the surgery and a few weeks post op and then returning it. (My insurance covers a 2 month rental then converts to purchase).

Sent from my Nexus 10 using the BariatricPal App

I had to do a sleep study as a requirement also. I swore up and down I didn't have it and that I felt fine. I've been on my cpap for two months now and I sleep wonderfully! No more headaches, not having any problems staying awake during meetings, and I don't wake up drenched in sweat anymore. Another plus is my hubby can sleep without listening to me snore.

I hated it at first, but now I can't sleep without it. I will be very interested to see if I still need it after.

I'm still waiting for my results ( I did the home study). I won't be surprised if I am diagnosed with sleep apnea. If my sleep will be improved then I'm hoping I have it.