Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELLO, any oldies out there? I'm almost 63 and want to live.

:

Originally Posted by skinnydippn42 viewpost.gif

I put my prelimanary papers in when I went to the 1st. semenar about four months ago, so if they go by that I'm a little a head of some of the others.

Don

Any news on a date yet?

I'm suppose to have an attachment on this. Just looking to see if it works

That cartoon is TOOOO much, Sunshine!!! Funny!! I may have to borrow that!!

Maybe we can get some of these "oldies" over to the 60+ thread???

That cartoon is TOOOO much, Sunshine!!! Funny!! I may have to borrow that!!

Maybe we can get some of these "oldies" over to the 60+ thread???

HEHEHE I got a kick out of that cartoon to . Tell me when you want to borrow it, if you can't pick it up from here then I could e-mail it. Hey we need to start a thread for the 60+ jokes and cartoons.... I have some good ones.

Hello,

You talk about being old!!!! I'm 63 and going to be 64 in March.I've been going thru this process since iI was 62!! Hopefully my surgery will be before my birthday!!

Hang in there as one oldy to another Ha!!!

jaunderwood

Any news on a date yet?

Nope, sorry to say.

I went to the latest support group on 01-08-2008 an it was the same ans. "any day now". There might about 200plus people waiting for the "OK". Not sure were I stand on the list. The support group meets every 2nd Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM. (1900 Hrs.).

I think this is why they call us "PATIENTS".

Don

Will you guys please move over to the new site for sixty and older? It's so much easier to find. If you haven't seen it's on the home page where he has all the groups organized nicely and all divided into age groups etc. I really want us all together.

Will you guys please move over to the new site for sixty and older? It's so much easier to find. If you haven't seen it's on the home page where he has all the groups organized nicely and all divided into age groups etc. I really want us all together.

Yes, good idea. I have already moved & replied.

This looks like it will be easyer with one thread.

Don

Hello,

You talk about being old!!!! I'm 63 and going to be 64 in March.I've been going thru this process since iI was 62!! Hopefully my surgery will be before my birthday!!

Hang in there as one oldy to another Ha!!!

jaunderwood

There are some people in their 70's who just got or are getting this surgery. That's wild, but it is life saving. I have to keep cutting back on my blood pressure meds

Nope, sorry to say.

I went to the latest support group on 01-08-2008 an it was the same ans. "any day now". There might about 200plus people waiting for the "OK". Not sure were I stand on the list. The support group meets every 2nd Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM. (1900 Hrs.).

I think this is why they call us "PATIENTS".

Don

HEHE patient patients. Sorry to hear you're still waiting.

I've started to move over to new sit.....

I turned 66 in May this year, I'm in the prossess of having it done, waiting on medicare and my BC/BS ins. GOOOOO for it. JDR

I've just begun my Quest into banding. They say the break-off age point is 65. I'm almost 63 and need to move fast. Us 'oldies' want to live and know that the excess fat will shorten our lives. I've been checking all the treads and everyone is below 50. But us 'grannies' have our own unique problems. And we face the potential of death from fat. 63 may sound old, but I want to live as much as I did in my 30's. I want to think of death as something that hits during the 90's.

:lol:

I am going to be 61 this summer and I agree with you. I am being banded on june 26th. There aren't too many of us who are even over 50. But at our age the weight really takes its toll. I've developed diabetes and high blood pressure, high cholesterol, you name it apnia, acid reflus etc. I haved decided this is the end of the line for me. I have an adopted son who is 7. I need to live a long healthy life because he needs me. I think you should do this. Good Luck. You'll see. Everything will fall into place for you.

Edited by largeMarge
typing errors

Marge, I love your user name! I'm 68 and have been banded for about 18 mos. Have only lost about 53# but to tell the truth, I haven't really tried. It just slowly comes off. If I could stay away from ice cream it would be faster. I was just reminded last night that this isn't a race. I think I got discouraged from using this site because my loss seemed so slow and I didn't really care so I was feeling guilty. But hey, it isn't a race and I'm feeling so much better and if I'm happy with my loss why should I feel guilty! So I;m going to check in more often and continue with my slow loss. Also one other benefit this way...I don't outgrow my clothes so fast:) Good luck on your journey.

Edited by sfeiner
spelling error