Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELLO, any oldies out there? I'm almost 63 and want to live.

It took 2 fills to pull me out of bandster hell. I had that 2nd fill 4 days ago and it is working almost too much. I can't take anything except liquids and only a small amount. But, I think I have some swelling. I can feel it going down today. I'm so excited about having restriction.

I've just begun my Quest into banding. They say the break-off age point is 65. I'm almost 63 and need to move fast. Us 'oldies' want to live and know that the excess fat will shorten our lives. I've been checking all the treads and everyone is below 50. But us 'grannies' have our own unique problems. And we face the potential of death from fat. 63 may sound old, but I want to live as much as I did in my 30's. I want to think of death as something that hits during the 90's.

:P

I was 64 when banded. It's never too late

I was 64 when banded. It's never too late

Hi, I've changed my handle from fatattack to nm sunshine. Everyone though fatattack was too negetive.

I know a lady who is 72 has diabetes and wants to be banded. Think she'll have a hard time getting a doc to do it?

Hi, I've changed my handle from fatattack to nm sunshine. Everyone though fatattack was too negetive.

I know a lady who is 72 has diabetes and wants to be banded. Think she'll have a hard time getting a doc to do it?

I've heard of people as old as 75 having it done. Just depends on the doctor and the person's medical condition. I was 63 when I had mine done. Wish I'd done it younger, but glad it is available and doctors willing to do it on us more "mature" folks!!

If you don't ask the answer is always "NO!". So what's the harm in asking. I suspect it will depend on her health and persistence.

PHYL and robkc1943

I checked my surgeon on it and he said each case is different. That it depends on her health.

I was 62 when mine was done. I too wish I'd have done it earlier, but didn't know I had that option.

I'm 65 and I am trying to have it done.

I went to a Gastric Bypass & Banding support group meeting at CMMC in Jackson, MS on 12-11-2007. I'm waiting on the Medicare "Seal of Excelents" for CMMC. They said it should be any day now. Other than that, nothing new. :faint:

Don

EWW, that must be frustrating waiting for medicare to approve your hosp. I hate situations where I have absolutely no control over what happens to me, (or should I say when something happens to me?) You must be a patient person.

Skinnydip

I'm wondering how long it will tke once you get that seal of approval? Do you know which surgeon you will go to?

Yes, at the CMMC (Central Mississippi Medical Center) there are two Doc's. DR. Kin Cleveland & Dr. Erin Cummins. (Dr. Cummins is a real cute blonde)LOL

Dealing with the Government you need paitents, but what I have heard & checked into personally, between Medicare & my Ins. Co. Federal BC/BS, they will pay for 100% of the cost. At CMMC, Banding cost about $16,200.00 if you pay cash.

Don

I'm not sure how long after the approvel it will take, but I have already seen the Psic Dr. & recieved the OK from my main Doc.

So it should not take too long after that.

Don

I'm not sure how long after the approvel it will take, but I have already seen the Psic Dr. & recieved the OK from my main Doc.

So it should not take too long after that.

Don

Yeah, if you've done all your preliminaries, once they get their approval, it shouldn't take long at all. Do you know if they have others waiting for that approval as well?? If they have an anticipated date that they will be approved, maybe they'll give you a tentative surgery date. Can always cancel & reschedule. Just a thought.

Yeah, if you've done all your preliminaries, once they get their approval, it shouldn't take long at all. Do you know if they have others waiting for that approval as well?? If they have an anticipated date that they will be approved, maybe they'll give you a tentative surgery date. Can always cancel & reschedule. Just a thought.

Yes, there are other people waiting also. At the support group meeting I talked to one of the main nurses and that is what she said.

Don

Yes, there are other people waiting also. At the support group meeting I talked to one of the main nurses and that is what she said.

Don

Well, this is just me, but I'd see if they'd give you a date. You can always cancel and reschedule. I say that because I had one doctor's office tell me there was a 3 year wait for Medicare patients!! Then, the one I went to, they kept trying to put me off until I got a little pushy about it. Then they came up with a "cancellation"! LOL

:

Originally Posted by skinnydippn42 viewpost.gif

Don

Well, this is just me, but I'd see if they'd give you a date. You can always cancel and reschedule. I say that because I had one doctor's office tell me there was a 3 year wait for Medicare patients!! Then, the one I went to, they kept trying to put me off until I got a little pushy about it. Then they came up with a "cancellation"! LOL

I put my prelimanary papers in when I went to the 1st. semenar about four months ago, so if they go by that I'm a little a head of some of the others.

Don