Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why do some folks try to ruin this forum?

Thank you, Alex.

Thank you Alex! Well said ! ????

Sent from my SM-N910G using the BariatricPal App

No where did I say embrace the lack of progress. If you think about it and work on it progress will come. You must be a very hard person to work under. Good bosses can get a lot out of there employees.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using the BariatricPal App

Thanks to everyone who has been contributing to this discussion in a positive way. I am sorry this discussion needs to happen at all. I try very hard to maintain a positive environment at BariatricPal.

I do see the overly frequent negative posts, often by veterans. I understand that veterans may not have had the exact same challenges and questions as the current newbies, or that veterans feel they handled those challenges better and got their “own” answers to their questions. Maybe the veterans have (yep, it’s possible!) forgotten the minute to minute anxieties (“Can I eat this?” “Should I feel this?” “What if I didn’t hit my Protein? ” “Do I need to call my doctor?”) surrounding weight loss surgery. Maybe veterans didn’t have those particular anxieties and questions. Maybe veterans are simply sick of seeing and answering the same questions a million times.

Guess what: you don’t have to answer! Please don’t, if you don’t have a constructive answer to add to the conversation. If you feel a question is “too stupid” for you to answer politely, don’t answer it. You’ll save yourself some time, and you won’t hurt anyone’s feelings. Someone who does feel it’s worth the time to write a helpful, positive answer will get to it eventually.

And I know it’s not just veterans who can be rude. Please, everyone, we are all here for the same reason: to live healthier with whatever support we can get from each other. So what if there are already 105 posts on "can I eat pizza? " If you don't want to answer the 106th post, don't. Don't be rude about it.

Please do report any posts you see as negative or hostile. I won’t tolerate them, and you shouldn’t have to, either.

That is what I mean .I have a lot of studying to do. I hate all the negative and rude postsubject. I going to look into you being my doctor

I myself come to these threads for the entertainment value! Wouldn't miss em for the world!!!

haha I actually think that may be the whole reason I posted the original post.....I'll be 4 weeks post op on Monday and think I'm having a hormonal dump and just needed a good snarky pissy conversation...hahaha
No surprise there.
I'm glad you said you were a little hormonal.

How about something like this? I understand the difficulty in this phase, but you can get threw. Don't give up. Your response is unsuperportive unkind and rude.

@@Syl 153

Please stop spamming the thread with your dozen single posts and counting. Just a couple of tips for replying to multiple people in a thread:

- You can use the multi-quote feature to quote and reply to several posts at once.

- The posts that do not include a quote should include a mention (the @ symbol followed by the username of the person you're addressing), as they are clearly directed at SOMEONE. Don't assume that anyone will take the time to scroll back in the thread to re-read and see who's post your comments might apply to.

As tone can be difficult to decipher in text, I will make clear that I'm not being snarky. I'm just trying to save you some time and those of us following the thread some frustration. Thank you.

The last few weeks I've been seeing a lot of rude responses to posts........each time I saw one I wanted to respond and ask "WTH is your problem?"......but knew that would just add to the drama, and I think that's what those folks are seeking anyway......So I found this "Rant" section and decided this would be the place to express my low opinion of those posters that seem to think that name calling and talking down to people is the way to respond to posts on a support forum....I see this type of response most often from some of the long timers. I'm not going to name names, because I know you know who you are because it is obvious it is done intentionally.....My advice to those folks, is if you're no longer able to provide support without being sarcastic, maybe it's time you move on with your life and just leave the forum and find something you're good at......It's great to have long timers here that will share their experiences with newbies because it is priceless when shared appropriately.....but if you don't know how to do it in a way that is supportive, you're only being hurtful and may actually cause someone not to ask a future question for fear they will be attached for being stupid......

That's the end of my rant.............As Ellen says at the end of all her shows............"Be kind to one another"

I first joined back in October of 2014...pre-sleeve and nervous with so many questions. I found this site to be very helpful from both veterans and newbies and I'm thankful for that. Much like offline life people are gonna be nice and others are just gonna be snarky and rude....and while I may be a New Yorker with thick skin it even irritated me a little...just a little

So I stopped posting and our group made a Facebook page for those sleeved in January of 2016. It's super helpful and we're even planning a little gathering for our 1 year anniversary.

It will never get rid of assholes cuz seriously they're everywhere but I think there's less snark when full names, location and family photos are attached to a profile

P.S. I haven't posted on here in months...and even when I did it was rare. But somehow I knew exactly who you were talking about lol

Chill Hun...don't let them get to you. Snarky trolls have nothing better to do so they sit online all day and post, post, post to get a response from you.

well said

Oh, my lord!

What a scene. :)

Many thanks to Lipstick for indicating how to block users!

Lol! Formula feeding FTW! :)

i have also enjoyed the many explosions caused about feeding programs (spoon fed vs baby self feeding) and co-sleeping...

Edited to add: Seriously, if you want to see how vile and nasty people can get toward each other, venture onto a parenting board and make a statement advocating formula feeding and putting infants in daycare. Then carefully step back and watch the bloodbath commence.