Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why do some folks try to ruin this forum?

@@BigViffer what on Earth gives you the right to talk down to someone with any kind of question. Stupid, lazy, whatever the question is. Life is about being compassionate with others, and maybe you were less "lazy" than the new person, but you really think that's necessary? I've been for a year and 1/2 researching about the Gastric Sleeve. I've read book, instructional material, I've called friends of mine that they are doctors to make sure that this is the right decision, why? Because I'm a mother and a wife and I can't make any mistakes regarding the information, so yes, maybe they've been tons of time that I've made silly question (in your perspective) and it would absolutely heart break me if someone answers me back with a rude answer. It would not only do that, it would also reflect the kind of person that I don't want to become so maybe I won't even do the surgery. I think in life, there's absolutely not even one reason to be rude about anything.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Why are you calling out @@BigViffer - he didn't talk down to anyone???!! You are barking up the wrong tree! If you are that insecure that a comment made by some stranger online is going to break your heart and potentially change your mind about surgery - you need to get help. It certainly doesn't seem you have what it takes to go through WLS if you are that sensitive. This is an internet forum - people have different personalities - that's life! It's nonsense posts like this that ends up pissing me off enough to get rude.

Right. I'm the rude one. Seriously. Is anyone as amused as I am right now?

I never said a name ,but if you want me to sure ill point out Lipstick lady is a sarcastic, Rude, Ignorant and whatever comes to everyone else's mind..she has to comment on everything with a snarky rude comments...but i guess she forgot she was a newbie once...I will never take advice from someone like her,and yes im sure she can read this..but idc..for the other lady, that you said i might of bumped my head..she must of felt i was talking to her, i wonder why..when i never said or mentioned a name ..

Why are you calling out @@BigViffer - he didn't talk down to anyone???!! You are barking up the wrong tree! If you are that insecure that a comment made by some stranger online is going to break your heart and potentially change your mind about surgery - you need to get help. It certainly doesn't seem you have what it takes to go through WLS if you are that sensitive. This is an internet forum - people have different personalities - that's life! It's nonsense posts like this that ends up pissing me off enough to get rude.

Yeah.....I was wondering why she is so pissed at him, too.

Then I realized how bizarre this whole thread has become. I guess a random drive by pie in the face is to be expected.

Again, though, just like with VSGAnn2014.....BigViffer is one of the most supportive members here. I simply can't imagine her getting her panties in a wad over anything he's said.

Ah... Those ppl that try to cheat the system.. I feel ya. They kind of deserve to get scolded a bit. There are so many ppl who want this tool so bad but can't have it for some reason and then you get the cheaters who want support.

I think the one thing we can ALL agree on is we want to see @@Dub f*ck that cake.

I'm just immature enough to do it, too......with gusto and enthusiasm......I just hope it's a 7-layer coconut cake !!!

I can almost taste the foreplay.

#woodsmash

I think the one thing we can ALL agree on is we want to see @@Dub f*ck that cake.

Yep. Pictures, video, we'll take either one.

@@Dub we luv you man.

Got me grinning......and right here smack dab in the middle of a hate-rant-crazytime thread.

Good stuff.

I certainly understand what several folks said, that it's just the nature of an Internet forum.....I've been on several and you do see the same type of behavior on all of them..(which is really weird to me...why does that happen?).

I don't know why it happens but I'm sure there are studies on this and maybe one day I'll search for them. ;)

So bottom line, I found the "rant" section.....had a "rant" on mind.....posted it............and it's gone from me being the sarcastic and rude one to .....sex and snicker bars...LOL...who would have ever thunk it???

Everyone who posts on internet boards long enough. Happens quite often. Gets on my nerves sometimes.

How the heck are you going to help yourself if there's just rude people talking down and making the group a negative one? @@summerset?

Obviously that's a problem. And it's the reason why I left quite a few groups in the past and I have seen quite a few boards going down the drain because more and more people left, no newbies stayed because of the cliquishness. The vets were the only ones staying, no fresh air, always the same old jokes etc. and there were less and less postings, usually about some boring and ridiculous stuff that got nothing to do with being on topic.

I've seen big and active boards going down the drain and when I join a board and think "Yes, this seems to be quite a good one" I usually say to myself only seconds later "Ok, lets see how long you will stay here". I also try to find out who the drama llamas and shit stirrers and know-it-alls are and take their posts with a grain of salt and/or ignore them sooner or later.

I've never (actually NEVER) seen a board or mailing list or whatever without the same old drama going on sooner or later. However, I have enough drama people in my life to deal with, I don't need this at home and in my leisure time. Yes, I know this "oh-I'm-so-tough" and "I'm-like-a-real-bad-ass" attitudes seem to be really in vogue but if I want to deal with that kind of people, I simply go to work. At least I'm getting paid for it then.

I take what I need, give back some of what I know and that's it. Might be a fatalistic attitude but coming to internet boards I can't help that.

I wish I could eat popcorn!

Me too! I just did a Trader Joes run and they have mango coconut caramel corn. I almost cried when I saw it.

Yes I know this is off topic, but conflict makes me nervous and I babble when nervous.

I met a family of ducks today at the University of Miami campus they weren't old enough to drink beer so I bought them a box of Cereal which they really enjoyed its raining here wow thunder and lightning palm trees swaying now the dog is scared maybe a bone will help has anyone ever tried a lychee they are awesome but so expensive the guy wanted 28 bucks for a big bag so we went with the smaller one

Ok.... Is it over?

If not look at the duckie picture and smile smile smile! :) :) attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1465671082.408363.jpg

I was just at Trader Joe's this morning where they were giving out samples of the mango coconut popcorn. It was a little cup of magic. Oh my goodness. Bites of bliss. I didn't buy a bag of it precisely because I knew I'd be tempted to eat the whole bag. We did get the mango bar bites and the mango macarons for treats because both are fairly reasonable with their calories, fat, and carbs. The macarons have 15 carbs per serving, but that's for three pretty macarons.

My favorite purchase from the TJ mango mania is a mango tangerine candle. I think it was around $3, and it smells precisely like the Blue Capri Volcano candle at Anthropologie that is $14 for the exact same size. I'm burning it right now, and it's brightening up this day of "June Gloom." I find that delighting other senses helps me to not overindulge in things that make my taste buds sing. :) Hmmm. I was thinking of making a thread about favorite TJ buys. Maybe I'll go do that now.

I love the pic of the ducks. :)

WHAT? There is a candle?????

Running out door NOW!

Ooooooo please start the TJ thread! I'm kinda afraid where to post it (gulp) because it may have been asked before.

Heh. I'm. So. Just. Kidding. ;):)

I wish you all love each other as much as I love you. You are the family I never really had. Some good, some a bit naughty, I learn from everyone. You make me smile.

:)

I wish I could eat popcorn!

Me too! I just did a Trader Joes run and they have mango coconut caramel corn. I almost cried when I saw it.

Yes I know this is off topic, but conflict makes me nervous and I babble when nervous.

I met a family of ducks today at the University of Miami campus they weren't old enough to drink beer so I bought them a box of Cereal which they really enjoyed its raining here wow thunder and lightning palm trees swaying now the dog is scared maybe a bone will help has anyone ever tried a lychee they are awesome but so expensive the guy wanted 28 bucks for a big bag so we went with the smaller one

Ok.... Is it over?

If not look at the duckie picture and smile smile smile! :) :) attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1465671082.408363.jpg

I was just at Trader Joe's this morning where they were giving out samples of the mango coconut popcorn. It was a little cup of magic. Oh my goodness. Bites of bliss. I didn't buy a bag of it precisely because I knew I'd be tempted to eat the whole bag. We did get the mango bar bites and the mango macarons for treats because both are fairly reasonable with their calories, fat, and carbs. The macarons have 15 carbs per serving, but that's for three pretty macarons.

My favorite purchase from the TJ mango mania is a mango tangerine candle. I think it was around $3, and it smells precisely like the Blue Capri Volcano candle at Anthropologie that is $14 for the exact same size. I'm burning it right now, and it's brightening up this day of "June Gloom." I find that delighting other senses helps me to not overindulge in things that make my taste buds sing. :) Hmmm. I was thinking of making a thread about favorite TJ buys. Maybe I'll go do that now.

I love the pic of the ducks. :)

WHAT? There is a candle?????

Running out door NOW!

Ooooooo please start the TJ thread! I'm kinda afraid where to post it (gulp) because it may have been asked before.

Heh. I'm. So. Just. Kidding. ;):)

I wish you all love each other as much as I love you. You are the family I never really had. Some good, some a bit naughty, I learn from everyone. You make me smile.

:)

How did I miss this?

How long is mango madness going on?

From what da hub interrogated the nice clerk about (at my instance because I was busy cramming mango in the cart) till its gone! So everyone please, stop the banter, the bad talk, the arguing and GO BUY MANGO!!!!

I do not work for Trader Joes. Actually, I'm looking for a jobby job. I want to be the person who names nail polish. Groovy Green, Summer in Siesta Key, Lilacs in Lamont, I'm an endless font of possibilities!

Please contact of you have an opening.

(Btw.... Shhhhhhhh....... Those weren't my best name ideas .... But I'm drinking w-I-n-e and may be off my rocking naming game shhhhhhhhhhhh)

The last few weeks I've been seeing a lot of rude responses to posts........each time I saw one I wanted to respond and ask "WTH is your problem?"......but knew that would just add to the drama, and I think that's what those folks are seeking anyway......So I found this "Rant" section and decided this would be the place to express my low opinion of those posters that seem to think that name calling and talking down to people is the way to respond to posts on a support forum....I see this type of response most often from some of the long timers. I'm not going to name names, because I know you know who you are because it is obvious it is done intentionally.....My advice to those folks, is if you're no longer able to provide support without being sarcastic, maybe it's time you move on with your life and just leave the forum and find something you're good at......It's great to have long timers here that will share their experiences with newbies because it is priceless when shared appropriately.....but if you don't know how to do it in a way that is supportive, you're only being hurtful and may actually cause someone not to ask a future question for fear they will be attached for being stupid......

That's the end of my rant.............As Ellen says at the end of all her shows............"Be kind to one another"

Oh my God!! You are so right. Well said. And those mean people do know who they are. Why do those people feel so superior? We should all be supporting each other.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using the BariatricPal App

Get off your self proclaimed superior high horse. Most people do have feeling and come to this site for support. Evidently you come to put people down. I hope others will ignore ignorant post, It helps no one.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using the BariatricPal App

Blimey! This has been an interesting read on this lovely Sunday morning, and just because Dub mentioned something on another post. It got my curiosity (OK, big standard nosey) antenna twitching! Thought that I'd add my two pennyworth for what it's worth.

I'm Jinty, and I'm an alcoholic. There, I've said it. I've been sober for 12 years with, for the first six years the help of AA meetings and other recovering alcoholics. I received a lot of tough love, common sense advice and several kicks up the arse to get me on the sobriety track. I DIDN'T get mollycoddled, fuzzy love and cuddles or any other pussyfooting nonsense. That is why I am sober today. There were plenty of perfectly nice drunks who went to meetings but who expected their sobriety to come from someone else. Those people usually went back out, back on the piss and a few of them are now dead. They often thought that the old timers with long term sobriety were too tough. They would form their little groups and have their pity parties, commiserate and then pick up a drink. I saw it happen time and time again. I stuck with the winners. Those who had been around for a few years. I stayed well away from newbies who thought that they knew it all because again, many of them fell off the wagon (and back into the gutter) because of their arrogance.

I have a great life because of my sobriety and it's getting even better now that I have taken drastic action to deal with my food addiction in the form of a VSG. To ensure that I keep going in the right direction, I am sticking with all you wonderful, bullying, foul mouthed, tyrannical, well informed, humorous bastards who post on this forum. You've served me well thus far and quite frankly, if it ain't broken then I ain't going to fiddle fixing it.

Blimey! This has been an interesting read on this lovely Sunday morning, and just because Dub mentioned something on another post. It got my curiosity (OK, big standard nosey) antenna twitching! Thought that I'd add my two pennyworth for what it's worth.

I'm Jinty, and I'm an alcoholic. There, I've said it. I've been sober for 12 years with, for the first six years the help of AA meetings and other recovering alcoholics. I received a lot of tough love, common sense advice and several kicks up the arse to get me on the sobriety track. I DIDN'T get mollycoddled, fuzzy love and cuddles or any other pussyfooting nonsense. That is why I am sober today. There were plenty of perfectly nice drunks who went to meetings but who expected their sobriety to come from someone else. Those people usually went back out, back on the piss and a few of them are now dead. They often thought that the old timers with long term sobriety were too tough. They would form their little groups and have their pity parties, commiserate and then pick up a drink. I saw it happen time and time again. I stuck with the winners. Those who had been around for a few years. I stayed well away from newbies who thought that they knew it all because again, many of them fell off the wagon (and back into the gutter) because of their arrogance.

I have a great life because of my sobriety and it's getting even better now that I have taken drastic action to deal with my food addiction in the form of a VSG. To ensure that I keep going in the right direction, I am sticking with all you wonderful, bullying, foul mouthed, tyrannical, well informed, humorous bastards who post on this forum. You've served me well thus far and quite frankly, if it ain't broken then I ain't going to fiddle fixing it.

Tremendous respect for you. Glad to be be in your company.