Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Your Silly Rant

@@katesuccess - I hate when people walk their dogs without a leash, too. I have a mini dachshund. He was poorly socialized when he was young and does not get along with other dogs or small children but he's super aggressive so if another dog approaches him, he WILL instigate a fight. It doesn't matter how well behaved someone else's dog is. He has the ability to get that dog to turn in an instant. And it terrifies me because he's tiny (9 pounds). A mouthful for an 80 pound Rottweiler.

There was this stupid woman walking her St. Bernard without a leash and my dog got his attention and went full-on "let's fight" mode. I started screaming at the woman to get her dog away from my dog and she kept saying "He's not going to hurt your dog" but I kept screaming at her and she finally got the dog's collar and pulled him away.

About gave me a heart attack. I don't care how gentle your dog is - it's still a dog, with survival instincts, and if he felt threatened by my dog's very aggressive barking and nipping, all the St. Bernard had to do was take one bite and my pooch would've been a goner.

I've been saving up this thread to read on my Friday morning... and it did not disappoint! Thanks everybody for the great laughs I've started my day with!

Whose laughing, woman ?

I swear I'm going to ram the next left-lane-slow driver in the arse with my bumper.

Gonna do it...........one day.

Today is not that day, though. :P

I regularly wish for the turtle shell or missiles from Mario Cart for these drivers.

Look up Jeremy Clarkson rocket launcher Porsche on YouTube. My husband and I discuss the imminent need for this technology on the regular.

I can't stand people who don't take constructive criticism or assistance well, and who can't ever be wrong. I'm in training at work and one of my co trainees is ALWAYS right and ALWAYS has to talk over the trainer and make a big deal about how it's not her fault it's the system etc. even though she consistently makes the same mistakes after they've been addressed and nobody else has issues. I was her trainer previously for a couple of specialties and I just wanted to strangle her. 3 more weeks of sharing a classroom with her

Sent from my VS990 using the BariatricPal App

Back in the day, we use to call someone and speak to them. I guess I'll have to text them first to let them know I will be calling them. :)

if you call me call me at work, I rarely answer the phone once I get home. :D

@@katesuccess - I hate when people walk their dogs without a leash, too. I have a mini dachshund. He was poorly socialized when he was young and does not get along with other dogs or small children but he's super aggressive so if another dog approaches him, he WILL instigate a fight. It doesn't matter how well behaved someone else's dog is. He has the ability to get that dog to turn in an instant. And it terrifies me because he's tiny (9 pounds). A mouthful for an 80 pound Rottweiler.

There was this stupid woman walking her St. Bernard without a leash and my dog got his attention and went full-on "let's fight" mode. I started screaming at the woman to get her dog away from my dog and she kept saying "He's not going to hurt your dog" but I kept screaming at her and she finally got the dog's collar and pulled him away.

About gave me a heart attack. I don't care how gentle your dog is - it's still a dog, with survival instincts, and if he felt threatened by my dog's very aggressive barking and nipping, all the St. Bernard had to do was take one bite and my pooch would've been a goner.

there's a group of gentlemen that regularly sit behind the gas station at the end of my street, who knows why - and they keep 3 dogs with them. they are never on a leash. they always run over and growl at my dog and I have to get physically between my dog and them all the while these men are hollering for their dogs to come back, and dashing over to grab them. last Saturday one of the dogs nipped toward my dog, who is, OF COURSE - on a leash. I got in that mans face and told him he better learn to control his dog or I would teach the dog some manners myself. I shouldn't have to carry pepper spray with me because they can't follow the law like everyone else.

I HATE when you let someone in front of you in traffic when they are waiting to change lanes or wanting to pull out of a lot, and they don't wave to thank you. I like to dramatically wave YOU'RE WELCOME when I don't get the "thank you" wave. :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

what is a pram?

A baby carriage. They call it a pram in the UK.

Short for "parambulator".

People who stand on an escalator. It's an escalator people! It's meant to escalate your trip to the next floor. It's to get there faster than if it were only stairs. Sheeesh. If you wanna just stand, take the elevator.

Good things come to good people.

How about people who must always one up someone else instead of letting them enjoy their moment.

Person A) We finally were able to save up and buy a decent, reliable car as our main vehicle that is only 4 years old.

Person B) We just bought a Corvette to cruise around in on weekends.

Person A) Our child always had a difficult time learning, worked their hardest and were admitted into our state college with a $5K/year scholarship.

Person B) Our child was given a full scholarship at (name of a prestigious school).

Person A) Now that our children are all grown up, we can finally take that honeymoon vacation we never could afford and go to Aruba for 5 days.

Person B) We are going to go on another annual 1 week cruise this summer and annual winter vacation in Aspen or Vail for a week to go skiing.

Edited by 4MRB4PHOTO

Rant for the day-

Jeans.....for the love of god why can't I find a decedent pair?

Fits perfectly waist, hips butt...no circulation in calves...fits perfectly from calves to butt, waist is 3x too big......also skinny jeans? Why?!

Also bratty kids....you have 5 kids all under the age of 8? Fine. But if you are going to a public place control them...don't let them run around, knock things over, scream throw things ect. Either get some help with the kids or stay home...please..smh....bet you can't guess where I went today...

Also man Buns are getting on my nerves.

The only things that should ever have buns are burgers

Here's a city-centric one. People on their phones talking or texting at the top of the staircase heading into the subway so they don't lose service and thusly, their connection. So...I have to get around you?? Why must you block the stairs?? Either move away, or call them back when you get to your destination. Sheesh....

Agreed! Or the people who MUST walk side by side with friends....your walking through a tunnel to get to the EL....its narrow and two way so walk in a damn single file line and b respectful of others. DO NOT shoot dirty looks at those coming towards you as if they are the inconvenience.

Welcome to the big city people!!!

I HATE when you let someone in front of you in traffic when they are waiting to change lanes or wanting to pull out of a lot, and they don't wave to thank you. I like to dramatically wave YOU'RE WELCOME when I don't get the "thank you" wave. :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

I can't stand this either. It would be awesome to have a junker car and insurance with no deductible so that I could ram them (just once - to get it out of my system :) )

Ok bunch of city rants...

I love tourists, I love that other people chose to vacation in my beautiful city...what I don't like is when they choose to stop dead in the middle of the sidewalk to use google maps to find their destination. I'm all for google maps but move over to the side against the buildings ! Stopping in the middle of the sidewalk your liable to be trampled.

Also, for the love of God! I take public transportation and no, I do not need to hear your phone conversation because you must use speaker phone. Really???? Get some damn headphones or oh, I don't know PUT THE PHONE TO YOUR EAR! Like a normal human being....

Rant over for now but I reserve the right to post in this thread again

Can we talk about people in crosswalks or who you allow to cross in front of you in parking lots?

Why the #^*%#* must they meander slowly, often looking down and texting, sometimes coming to a dead stop in the middle of the road to check their bag or phone, walking the slowest route In a long diagonal...

I let you pass in front of me. Knees to chests, b!tches!!!

These are the same a**holes who text while crossing the street like it can't wait till they get to the other side!! Grrrr