Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 16th surgery buddies?.....Let's do this together!

I'm May 16th too!!! San Antonio, Texas. CANNOT WAIT!

I'm may 16th too!! I am from Ohio and will be having my surgery done at Osu. I start my liver shrink diet Monday. I am allowed 4 protien shakes, a lean cuisine meal, a small piece of fruit or a small salad with no dressing. This should be interesting

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@kmorri, thank you for starting this thread. Real food, you are so lucky! I've got the 100% liquid diet for 2 weeks. 4 Protein shakes + sugar-free popsicle, broth, Jello, things like that.

I'm going to use Premier Protein Shakes. Most stores around here charge $8.99 for a 4-pack. I just found a great deal for these on Walmart.com including free shipping and very fast delivery. I'll have it this Tuesday the 10th! Only $7.62. I ordered enough for 30 days' supply of chocolate, vanilla and strawberry.

I've been eating very well for months, Paleo with high quality Proteins and all sorts of fresh produce. My fridge is full right now. On Sunday evening I'll take the rest of the produce, zap it all in the Ninja to make green smoothies out of it, then freeze into cubes. I figure I can start using these during the puree post-op phase.

What is everyone else doing this weekend to get ready? :)

Check redplum.com for $4 off coupon for the Premier Protein I got mine for $3.62 at Walmart

My surgery is scheduled for the 16th of May. Anyone with a surgery date close to that want to go though this together and support each other? I'm located in Florida.

Kathy

Sent from my SM-N910P using the BariatricPal App

I'm May 16th too! Yay! I have my pre-op appt on 5/3 and will pick up and start shakes that day. I''ll be on 4 shakes a day. I know it will be tough but we'll do it!

Welcome to the group @@findingnish!

I just got scheduled this morning for Monday, 5/16/16 and I am ecstatic! I had to do the 6+ months of nutrition, psych and other classes for insurance requirements, and it's finally here! I'm to start liquids this Monday 5/2, get labs done and pre-op visit on 5/11, then surgery 5/16. Happy Happy Happy! :)

It took me almost a year and a half my insurance was sending me through so many hoops.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

This is great! Looks like there's a bunch of us. Now can someone make this time go by fast???

Mine just got scheduled for May 16, too. I've been following insurance requirements the last 4 months and found out the plan I'm on doesn't actually cover it, so I decided to pay out of pocket. That sped things up, and now I'm nervous... still excited and definitely think it's the right thing to do, but more nervous than I was before it was scheduled. I start the two week pre-op diet on Wednesday, but they just said it was a 1200 calorie diet, no one specified if it was liquid only. I have a nutritional class this Wednesday and I think they go over everything there (I hope). Are the nerves and fear normal, even after being so excited and determined and sure for so long?

I am also May 16. I live in Minneapolis MN. Anxious and excited to begin my journey

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Mine just got scheduled for May 16, too. I've been following insurance requirements the last 4 months and found out the plan I'm on doesn't actually cover it, so I decided to pay out of pocket. That sped things up, and now I'm nervous... still excited and definitely think it's the right thing to do, but more nervous than I was before it was scheduled. I start the two week pre-op diet on Wednesday, but they just said it was a 1200 calorie diet, no one specified if it was liquid only. I have a nutritional class this Wednesday and I think they go over everything there (I hope). Are the nerves and fear normal, even after being so excited and determined and sure for so long?

Mine diet is all liquid sugar free Jello pudding.. chicken beef broth Water premier Protein

Sent from my SM-N910P using the BariatricPal App

All I've been told is 1200 calories; I'll have to ask on Wednesday if there are restrictions within the 1200 calories. I think I'll be ok as long as I know what I'm allowed to have...