Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Out There August 2016 Sleevers!

I am now on puréed foods. I tried to some things I shouldn't have without puréeing. It did not go well . So I am following the Drs protocol now religiously. Starting to feel better. Losing a pound a day.

I was sleeved 8/23. I take Premier Protein chocolate shake, a 1 to 2 inch piece of banana and a handful of ice and run it through my Ninja blender. Makes the shake MUCH better.

Another thing is a vanilla Protein Shake with an inch or two of banana, and a teaspoon or so of cinnamon with a small handful of ice. Run it through the blender and it tastes like liquid Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved 8/15 too. I have no trouble getting my Protein in but still struggle with Water. I'm slowly coming out of a 2 week Stall. I'm almost done with pureed food ( hallelujah) and to be honest I only pureed to baby food consistency once. I could barely get it down so I went with minced foods.

My daily in take went like this, hope it helps

Dannon lite n fit Greek yogurt 12 g. Protein

1/2c cottage cheese (9-12 grams)

1 protein shake. 30 grams

1/2- 1c chicken tortilla Soup ( Costco) 5-10 grams

1/2c Trader Joes guilt free chicken salad or good eats chicken salad from costco 14 grams

Also, I've baked turkey meat balls and added Swedish meatball sauce or masala sauce. The baked meatball is more tender and easier to brake up with my fork. It goes down pretty well if I eat slowly.

Like I said, this is how I get my protein in but I'm not a fast loser.

Hi! I was sleeved August 15! My dr said I could go to normal foods at 2 week- that was a mistake- everything hurt a lot so I am back to soft foods for a few more weeks. Having a hard time getting in enough Protein. Dr said get in whatever you could and I probably couldn't get 60 at this point- but everything I read online says 60 so I am trying . But to do that I would have to have two Protein shakes a day and I just can't do it. I hate them now. I can do one. I got some gene pro but it is kind of gross in drinks as well .

Ready for the energy to come back!

Try the syntax nectar bra d of Protein Shakes. You mix with Water and they have fruit flavored so it is not milky at all. I had the same problem and these are what got me through. You can even buy sample packs so that you can try the flavors. I love the fuzzy navel and the coconut...add a little Dasani pineapple coconut drops and it tastes like pina colada

While I have some times of buyers remorse with this procedure. As I really miss enjoying food. I find the longer I go the more I enjoy what I do get to eat. Also I feel a sense of freedom of not being ruled by food. I eat my half cup portion and feel full. A feeling I have never had. So feeling satisfied is what I am embracing now. Still working on getting enough Water down. Learning to drink when I'm not eating or right after I eat.

I was sleeved on 8/10/16 I had serious buyers remorse too. It's getting better, not completely gone yet. I really haven't had any problems with pain or nausea. I just really miss food. Like I said it's getting better every day though.

HW-289

SW-282

CW-249

Wow 249 already!

HW 341 lbs

07/19/16 - 298 lbs

08/09/16 DOS - 286 lbs

CW 267 lbs

Today is the first day i can have regular food but soft...no pureed...no liquid!

Deli turkey NEVER tasted so good!

How is everyone else doing???

I was cleared for soft food this past Friday and I agree deli chicken in a lettuce wrap was wonderful!!!!

I am enjoying more food more now that I have to eat much slower.

Sleeved 8/18/16 and down 30 lbs!!!!!

I have been on soft foods since Friday Septembet 9th and my NUT will only allow cooked spaghetti squash. No real cabs or Pasta for 8 weeks.

Good Morning All, I had VGS on August 30th

Pre VGS Highest Weight: 324lbs

5 day's Post Op Weight: 305lbs

8 day's First Post Op Surgeon Visit Weight: 300lbs

14 day's First Post Op Nutri. Visit Weight: 297lbs

Total Loss: 27lbs

Not sure how much I weigh today, I don't weigh myself at all. Since I have so many appointments I just wait til the appointments to see the results. Anyone else afraid or surprised of what the scale may reveal?

Trying to stay on track....Encouraged to do everything by the book.

First Cardiologist Appointment this morning, praying that everything goes well...

Good Morning All, I had VGS on August 30th

Pre VGS Highest Weight: 324lbs

5 day's Post Op Weight: 305lbs

8 day's First Post Op Surgeon Visit Weight: 300lbs

14 day's First Post Op Nutri. Visit Weight: 297lbs

Total Loss: 27lbs

Not sure how much I weigh today, I don't weigh myself at all. Since I have so many appointments I just wait til the appointments to see the results. Anyone else afraid or surprised of what the scale may reveal?

Trying to stay on track....Encouraged to do everything by the book.

First Cardiologist Appointment this morning, praying that everything goes well...

Congrats that's awesome

HW 341 lbs

07/19/16 - 298 lbs

08/09/16 DOS - 286 lbs

CW 264 lbs