Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Out There August 2016 Sleevers!

August 11th here, My only issue is gas in my shoulder. I comes and goes but when it comes, It hits hard...I haven't taken any pain meds since I left the hospital on the 12th. They didn't seem to help the gas anyway. liquids are going down just fine as well as s/f popcicles!

Not sure for anyone else but this process flew for me. One day I'm at my last required nutritionist appointment the next I am getting a call saying insurance will cover and time to set a date. This was the end of June set surgery for August 11th. Surgery went excellent from the doctors standpoint however I woke up with horrible nausea. From the moment I came out of surgery until I left the hospital - this was a huge problem for me. Swallowing wasn't an issue I just couldn't keep anything down and constantly getting sick. I was terrified I might strain something or cause damage to my new sleeve but I was reassured this was normal. I was in pretty bad pain but couldn't pin it on gas pain vomiting or the incision sites. Dilauden was my best friend it was the only time I was able to stay in one position and fall asleep. I wasn't sure if I had a low tolerance being my first surgery or if the pain was warranted. Everyone else seemed to have a very painless in and out experience. I was able to get out of bed and walk without problems just uncomfortable to change from laying to sitting to standing. Anyway after a few small issues (vomiting, unable to pee, and bad chest pain) I was cleared and on my way home next day. Overall 4 days post op on Clear Liquids not having issues getting fluids in, no more vomiting, some chest discomfort from incisions / gas pain. I find gas x helps a lot. Anyone else have a similar experience? Anyone else able to include sugar free pudding, apple sauce, or strained cream Soups in week one? I'm getting a little tired of all Clear Liquids.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Sleeved 8/10. My biggest issue is not being able to sleep and very bad lower back pain which I think is due to being in the same reclining position most of the day. It's only been the past couple of days. I'm going to ask if I can take a sleeping pill. I haven't had pain meds since 8/11.

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

I was also VERY nauseated in the hospital. I was good after I got home. My phase 1 diet includes Protein Shakes, skim milk and strained cream Soups as well.

As far as sleeping, I'm a stomach sleeper and I've been able to sleep fine on my stomach. The day I got home from

The hospital, I lowered myself onto my stomach on a soft couch and I swear it helped me with the gas, lol. I'm just careful that my stomach is fully off the bed before lowering myself so I don't drag any of the incisions across the bed... And I make sure I have a snug fitting tank top on. It's been fine for me. I also haven't taken pain meds since 2 hours post op so my tolerance is high. Anyway, my point is maybe you could try side-sleeping? I did that night 2 in the hospital.

I'm so sorry to hear about your initial pains, and hope you're feeling better. My doc has me on a clear liquid diet for two weeks, then full liquid for another two weeks, followed by pureed for 2 weeks, and finally soft foods. It's a long, boring road. Good luck!

Not sure for anyone else but this process flew for me. One day I'm at my last required nutritionist appointment the next I am getting a call saying insurance will cover and time to set a date. This was the end of June set surgery for August 11th. Surgery went excellent from the doctors standpoint however I woke up with horrible nausea. From the moment I came out of surgery until I left the hospital - this was a huge problem for me. Swallowing wasn't an issue I just couldn't keep anything down and constantly getting sick. I was terrified I might strain something or cause damage to my new sleeve but I was reassured this was normal. I was in pretty bad pain but couldn't pin it on gas pain vomiting or the incision sites. Dilauden was my best friend it was the only time I was able to stay in one position and fall asleep. I wasn't sure if I had a low tolerance being my first surgery or if the pain was warranted. Everyone else seemed to have a very painless in and out experience. I was able to get out of bed and walk without problems just uncomfortable to change from laying to sitting to standing. Anyway after a few small issues (vomiting, unable to pee, and bad chest pain) I was cleared and on my way home next day. Overall 4 days post op on clear liquids not having issues getting fluids in, no more vomiting, some chest discomfort from incisions / gas pain. I find gas x helps a lot. Anyone else have a similar experience? Anyone else able to include sugar free pudding, apple sauce, or strained cream Soups in week one? I'm getting a little tired of all clear liquids.

I'm so sorry to hear about your initial pains, and hope you're feeling better. My doc has me on a clear liquid diet for two weeks, then full liquid for another two weeks, followed by pureed for 2 weeks, and finally soft foods. It's a long, boring road. Good luck!

Not sure for anyone else but this process flew for me. One day I'm at my last required nutritionist appointment the next I am getting a call saying insurance will cover and time to set a date. This was the end of June set surgery for August 11th. Surgery went excellent from the doctors standpoint however I woke up with horrible nausea. From the moment I came out of surgery until I left the hospital - this was a huge problem for me. Swallowing wasn't an issue I just couldn't keep anything down and constantly getting sick. I was terrified I might strain something or cause damage to my new sleeve but I was reassured this was normal. I was in pretty bad pain but couldn't pin it on gas pain vomiting or the incision sites. Dilauden was my best friend it was the only time I was able to stay in one position and fall asleep. I wasn't sure if I had a low tolerance being my first surgery or if the pain was warranted. Everyone else seemed to have a very painless in and out experience. I was able to get out of bed and walk without problems just uncomfortable to change from laying to sitting to standing. Anyway after a few small issues (vomiting, unable to pee, and bad chest pain) I was cleared and on my way home next day. Overall 4 days post op on Clear liquids not having issues getting fluids in, no more vomiting, some chest discomfort from incisions / gas pain. I find gas x helps a lot. Anyone else have a similar experience? Anyone else able to include sugar free pudding, apple sauce, or strained cream Soups in week one? I'm getting a little tired of all clear liquids.

Thanks for the reply and well wishes! Glad to hear you are back to work - I am feeling MUCH better it feels like that was weeks ago! I also share the same craving for pizza but once I think about actually eating it the hunger goes away. I have to schedule my post op appointment this week so hopefully I can get some answers from my doctor. Everyone seems to have a various post surgery diet I was hoping to be able to add in something different even if it's just pudding.

Hey august peeps how much weight have you lost?

July 19th I was 298 lbs

Then with pre op diet the day of surgery I weighed 286 lbs and today 6 days post up I'm 271. I feel like things are progressing well.

HW 341 SW 298 DOSW 286 CW 275 DOS 08/09/16

Hey LxA, congrats on your loss! I started my journey in April at 248. Day of surgery 8/5 I was 230 and this morning I was at 218. Things are going well. There have been a few days when I've had a brief stall, so I'm trying to only weigh myself once a week. I can feel the difference in my clothes.

Keep it up!! :)

July 19th I was 298 lbs
Then with pre op diet the day of surgery I weighed 286 lbs and today 6 days post up I'm 271. I feel like things are progressing well.

Hey LxA, congrats on your loss! I started my journey in April at 248. Day of surgery 8/5 I was 230 and this morning I was at 218. Things are going well. There have been a few days when I've had a brief stall, so I'm trying to only weigh myself once a week. I can feel the difference in my clothes.

July 19th I was 298 lbs

Lucky you, I don't feel it anywhere and so far no one has noticed. Ha. Actually I wore a pair of shoes that use to feel tight but now feel comfortable. So that's something. I have the bad habit of weighing everyday.

HW 341 SW 298 DOSW 286 CW 271 DOS 08/09/16

July 19th I was 298 lbs

Congrats to you too

Mine hasn't changed as much as yours. I was 301.7 on 8/9 DOS and have been at 294.3 for the last 3 days lol I guess my body is angry. Are you on only clears? I can have Protein Shakes and strained cream Soups, too. And AF started today so that could be another issue, lol!

Mine hasn't changed as much as yours. I was 301.7 on 8/9 DOS and have been at 294.3 for the last 3 days lol I guess my body is angry. Are you on only clears? I can have Protein shakes and strained cream Soups, too. And AF started today so that could be another issue, lol!

Yep only on clears but broke down today and will have half a Protein shake.

I miss broccoli and romaine lettuce really bad...ha

Mine hasn't changed as much as yours. I was 301.7 on 8/9 DOS and have been at 294.3 for the last 3 days lol I guess my body is angry. Are you on only clears? I can have Protein shakes and strained cream Soups, too. And AF started today so that could be another issue, lol!

Out of curiosity are the soups you are eating carb heavy? Carbs are a concern of mine because I'm a vegetarian

Hey guys! I had my surgery yesterday and everything went very. I'm trying to keep moving and use my breathing machine and the only incision I can say that actually hurts is the one where he removed my stomach.

I have no idea... Just the Campbell's cream of Tomato and cream of mushroom made with skim milk. I've only had 1 serving a day though.

Out of curiosity are the soups you are eating carb heavy? Carbs are a concern of mine because I'm a vegetarian

Edited by Lee Mag