Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Out There August 2016 Sleevers!

Hi Everyone! I was sleeved on 8/5/16, so today marks Post-Op Day 6. Guess what? I'm at work! Now granted, I have a desk job that is very sedentary, and thankfully I can wear sweats and a t-shirt to work, so it's not terrible. What has been a challenge has been staying on top of all of my Fluid intake, but I'm trying to adjust.

The hardest part so far has been getting over the mental game. The clear fluids phase prescribed by my doctor is two-weeks long, and I'm barely done with week one and already want to hang myself. My brain wants to eat everything, especially pizza! So, it's tough...but I know that I'll get through it. The physical aspect of this transformation hasn't been too bad. I started walking immediately, stopped taking pain meds on post-op Day 3 and drove myself to the store on post-op Day 4. I've also dropped 8 pounds since being home, however, I've stalled a bit over the past two days. It's fine, I'm not expecting anything else right now.

Anyway, that is my update so far. I'm wishing all of my VSG 8/16 friends good luck on your journey!

No nausea for me.... Pain... Pretty substantial .. Take your pain med and walk every 2 hours, I walked laps inside my house, even set your alarm for thru the night. You may be hunched over but this helps with getting rid of the gas pain more than anything else and that is a large part of your pain. Sip...sip...sip slowly yo get your liquids in. Good Luck! You'll do great!!????

I had my surgery yesterday....My gas pain is really bad. My chest, shoulders and back were killling me! I basically walked the halls all night, Which helped alonazg with my breathing thingy. dDilandi is helping, just got dose now..so its nap time

I'm 5 days out today. I hardly have any pain, and I can now get all my liquids in. Today, is the first day I feel like myself, but a better self. I have not gotten on the scale yet. I fiqured with all the pain meds and other drugs it's not a true weight. I'll wait a while. Hope all is going well with everyone else who was sleeve on monday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using the BariatricPal App

First day was pretty rough for me. I had a lot of pain in my chest due to the trapped air, and I tried to walk around as often as possible, but I was also nauseous. I slept a lot, stayed on top of my pain meds, and held an ice pack on my chest which made it feel much better. I also tried to keep my bed at an incline, and that settle things. Thankfully the second day, and each day since, has been progressively better.

Good luck!!

Can y'all share a little about Day 1 ? I'm 8/30 and dreading the nausea and initial pain.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

3 days post op. First day wasn't so bad. No pain until I had to get up a move. a tad hunched over and need to hold the left side of my tummy as I walked. I'm quite swollen. It still hurts quite a bit to pull myself up. but at least I can maneuver off the recliner myself now. Not sure if my pain is incision pain or gas. it is right on an incision where it hurts most. Any gas pain was on my left side, I've not had any go to my shoulder. How long does gas pain last. I've been walking but probably not enough. its so hot here in So. Florida.

I haven't used liquid codeine i went home with mostly because its gross and so sweet. I use the anti nausea meds each morning.

I started Protein shakes today and had a bout of diarrhea.

I wish I felt bettter, but in reality I have had no major issues.

Hi, I am scheduled for this Thursday August 18th. I have been doing my liquid diet and so far all is good.

Why is everyone getting so much gas pain up to there shoulders? The gas pains and being nauseas is what I am concerned about also. Anyone have good advice to give to help with both of these issues?

Why is everyone getting so much gas pain up to there shoulders? The gas pains and being nauseas is what I am concerned about also. Anyone have good advice to give to help with both of these issues?

You feel the gas pain in your shoulders because the gas sits right under the diaphragm. That pain is sometimes felt in your shoulders and back because of the course of nerves that innervate the diaphragm.

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved 08/09/16. I'm 5 days post op and 9lbs down. Initially I was feeling pretty spry but yesterday and today I feel entirely low energy. Sigh only 5 days more to go with the clear liquid diet, which I'm beginning to hate.

HW 341 SW 286 CW 279 DOS 08/09/16

They fill your abdominal cavity with gas to expand your abdomen for an easier surgery. The gas often moves to your chest and shoulders. You have to move alot to get rid of it. It's not always bad. Take your pain meds and more often.

I was sleeved 8/9. Apparently, anesthesia is not my friend LOL I was soooo nauseated. Pain meds do that to me as well, so I didn't take any pain meds at all from about 2 hours post surgery on. Mainly, nausea was my foe. It's better now, though.

It's crazy how different surgeons have different diet rules. I'm on full liquids and my follow-up appointment is Thursday. Next stage for me is soft/puree... But it says I can have ground beef in meatloaf, chili or meatball form... But other things I've seen elsewhere say no ground beef. Who knows!!!