Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm on day three of a one week liquid diet. I don't particularly like it but I just keep telling myself that I can do anything for a week. Last night I had a dream that I kept cheating on the liquid diet and woke up this morning and had this terrible feeling that I had really not followed the diet. But I have and am so excited I only have five more days! My kids are on spring break this week which makes it a little more challenging as we are all together and out doing things. Oh yeah and Easter candy that will arrive tomorrow and my daughters birthday party today.....like someone else said, mind over matter. You just have to tell yourself you can!!! Believe it, this is the first step to the rest of our lives.

Well, I suck. Here is my confession: I was on vacay this week- with friends/family - in florida. Not easy to stay on plan.........

I should have started my pre-op diet this past Weds. 3-4 Protein shakes, unlimited leafy greens, sugar-free popsicles, sugar-free Jello, Water, Water, and more water.

I did two shakes/day with Protein and veggies at night. I did eat a little ice cream and some pringles (because I am purging myself of my guilt right now - I'm being honest even if it is embarrassing).

Today - and until surgery on the 6th - I am committed to the pre-op plan as written. I'm hoping because I wasn't totally crazy with food, that I can shrink the liver as needed for an easy surgery.

Prior to this week, I've been following the Atkins diet, again, not perfect but pretty well.

Let's face it, if I was disciplined, I wouldn't be in need of the surgery to begin with.

So, I'm human and made mistakes. I know I will follow the pre-op plan from here forward because I am self-pay and I'm not taking any more chances of not having the surgery.

Surgery is April 6th - Mexico

Sounds like you didn't get too off course. Stay focused, you can do it!

@@Kelly84,

Good luck with the pre-op diet! My main advice is to follow it. The last thing you want is to get to surgery day and have your surgeon tell you you can’t have surgery because you didn’t follow your pre-op liquid diet.

Another good thing about actually following that diet is that it boosts your confidence. It’s tough, and it’s a big change. When you stick to it and see that you can actually do it, you’ll be super proud of yourself and go into surgery and the post-op diet with a lot more confidence that you can do it.

I also suggest testing out a few different types of Protein shakes. Sometimes they get boring, and it’s nice to have some different brands and flavors to turn to.

Good luck, and congratulations on your upcoming surgery.

Dr. Ariel Ortiz

sweet caroline- what doctor are you going with in Mexico? my surgery is Tuesday in Mexico as well!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm day 5 of 2 week preop liquid diet. Surgery April 4. I do good until 4 pm then my stomach starts rumbling. But I'll have a Protein shake and stay strong! I just keep thinking "shrink the liver!" One of my shakes today was vanilla Protein powder with a lemonade crystal light powder (the singles). It was really good! Good luck to us all! Stay strong! Shrink the liver!!!!

My diet is 3 Protein shakes and a light meal, like a frozen weight watchers or healthy choice meal. Unlimited broth and Jello and Water. No caffeine. It's pretty easy for the most part. They said my meal should be 450 cals or less, so I get the 200 cal meals and eat one for lunch and one for dinner. I feel so bad about it!! I wonder what the difference is though whether I eat the 450 split up or all at once

My surgery date is 3/30. Tomorrow is day 5 of liquid diet. I have been doing EAS Advantage shakes, the rich dark chocolate is real good. I drink a bunch of Water with crystal lite. Lastly I have been switching on and off between chicken broth and vegetable broth. I have seasoned the broth with garlic powder and Adobo (to give it a little flavor). I can sure use some coach buddies going through this too

My date is 3/29....Today is day 6 of pre-op liquid diet. I did cheat a little and tasted my holiday food while seasonig it. I'm glad the headache is gone had it for the first two days. I dont even be hungry anymore. I'm forcing the Protein down I mainly drink muscle milk or premier . I drink way over my Water also sugar free Jello and chicken broth. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

I did a shake diet a couple years and lost a lot but insurance problems gave me the excuse to quit. So now I'm 30 lbs bigger than what I started at back then and so ready for the insurance approval and band. Come on already!!

Hey guys, i am on day 8 pre op. Allowed 3 shakes/pudding/soup and 2 cups salad or veg. Have cheated a bit with a can of Soup on two nights and my salad today was twice the size i should have had BUT my family's easter chocs are still safe in the cupboard, although i hear the siren call. Monie, i am on the 4th too, in Brisbane. I feel better after the salad not so desperate.