Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Abc - August 2007 Chat

Today is My Band Anniversary. I cannot believe it has been a year and I feel great and have no regrets. I received another fill on Tuesday and discovered that my fill had dropped from 2.2cc to 1.8c but that I was still able to maintain my weight despite the lessening of the restriction. I was refilled to 2.2 which seems to be just the right amount for me. The band really has helped stop me from overeating so I have not regained weight over the last 4 months. But now I am ready to start losing again and in fact I have lost 1 pound since Tuesday.

Jessica, i.e. Clarity Seeker, how are you doing? Today is your anniversary as well! Robin

Today is my 1 year annivesary too. I have lost 48 pounds. While I wish it was more, I am not dissappointed. I feel 100% better and am getting another fill next week.

Hi Have Not Been Around For Awhile For They Had Me Blocked At Work And My Home Computer Is Messed Up. I Was So Happy When They Let Me In Today.

I Will Be One Yr On 8-21 And So Far I Have Lost 67 Lbs In Almost One Yr. I Am Very Happy About That. The First 6mos Were So Slow And I Thought I Would Never Get There. In Jan I Got My 4th Fill And Boy Am I Filled. Here It Is 7 Mos Later And I Am Still Tight. I Am Averageing About 10 Lbs A Month Now. I Feel So Good. The Last Time I Have Seen 244 Was Around 1978. It's Been A Long Time!!

I Went To A Family Reunion This Summer And My Head Got Very Big! I Loved It, Intil My Cousin Took A Pic Of Me Sitting Down. I Asked Him Why He Brought Last Yrs Pics With Him, And He Said "no, That Was Yesterday" It Sure Did Bring My Head Right Back To Normal. I Was Also Hoping That I Would Fit Into The Seat Belt On The Plane Without Asking For An Extension. Well, No, I Had To Ask And That Made Me Real Sad. But, The Plane Was A Continental Express, Only 3 Seats Across, So It Is A Little Small. (thats What I Am Going To Believe Anyway!)

I Sure Am Glad I Am Back Online! Miss Ya All!

Diane

user_online.gifreport.gif

Jewels, My Anniversary Is Also The 21st.

Robin, Congrads On Making Your Yr Anniv. You Looked Great When I Saw You In Jan When We Got A Fill. It Must Be So Great Being Only 29 Lbs Away From Your Goal!

I Hope To Lose Another 6 Lbs To Make 75 Lbs In One Yr By The 21st, But If I Don't I Am Very Happy Being Close. My Next Small Goal Is To Lose 15 Lbs By Oct 6th When I See My Daughter For The First Time Since I Have Lost Any Weight. By Then I Will Be 225 And The Last Time She Seen Me I Was 320. I Really Look Different. I'm Glad My Face Isn't All Wrinkled And Having Double Chins. That Is The Best Part Of My Body Right Now. Talk About Jello!

Happy Anniversary Bandster16!

I Can't Believe There Is No One On This Thread Or Last Months Thread. Have You Heard Anything About People Staying Away?

Diane

Well hello everyone. This is actually the first time I have gotten online here. I had my lapband May 11, 2006 with Dr. Felix Spiegel in Houston, Tx

I have lost 120 lbs and just recently went in for my very first "unfill". I am not doing well with it at all. I thought for sure with my eating habits soooo different over the past year, that I would not have problems. But good grief, it is like I am a real food maniac. Have any of you ever experianced this yet? I do NOT want to undo all the wonderful good I have done this past year. Any comments would help me.

thanks

Hey everyone. Sorry I haven't been around much. We're in the middle of a move and I'm starting a new job on Monday, so life had been hectic. Today is my one year bandiversary. I'm down 107 and so happy with the results. I really feel like I'm the person I was meant to be, no longer hiding in a shell. I owe that to the band...oh, and my surgeon.

Hope to be back in the swing around here soon. Best to everyone!

Libra, Happy Banaversity! Wow, You Have Done Well. Congrads On Your New Job Too. Boy This Is Going To Be A Great Yr For You.

Caroben, 120 In 14 Months, Wow Again! Are You Now At Your Goal? Is That Why You Got Your Unfill?

I'm Afraid That If I Got The Unfill Completly, I Would Go Back To The Way I Use To Eat. I Have A Long Way To Go But When I Get To The End, I Think Just To Be Safe, I Will Only Take 1/2 Out So I Can Get Use To Eating Again. I Know How I Am And I Know How I Was For 40 Yrs So I Just Want To Make Sure I Don't Mess Myself Up. Thats Just Me.

What Did Your Doctor Say When They Gave You The Unfill? If Your At Goal, Did The Dr Give You Any Advise Or The Place That You Had The Unfill Give You Advise?

Ladydi

Caroben here, well there was no doctor when I got my unfill. Just the attendants at the surgical center. I told them that I started having trouble getting food down. And when I say food it was liquids. I don't know if maybe I may have disturbed the area of my port or what. I had leaned over my bathtub cleaning it and the next couple of days I could not get anything down. So I thought I better go in a get some taken out. I had not had a "fill" since February so i could not understand why all of a sudden I could not eat. I still have around 25-30 lbs I would like to loose before I want to stop.

This has still been the absolute most wonderful thing I have ever done. I have made an appointment to go and get a fill put back in. I did not have my whole fill taken out but it was enough that I could probably eat a bale of hay!!! It is making me quite nervous because I feel my old urges popping up.

Thanks so much for responding to me..

Good luck..

:clap2:

Caroben, Isn't It A Wonderful Feeling To Know You Only Have 25-30 More Pounds To Lose! I Have About 70 But Would Be Happy With 45.

I Think That Having A Fill For So Long And Not Being Able To Eat We Would Natually Want To Try And Eat Again. We Just Need To Step Back And Think About It. After Losing So Much, I Think That We Will Pull Back And Watch What We Eat So We Will Not Ever, Ever Go Back. I Think The Eating Is Normal. We Are Smart And Will Remember That We Can't Eat Like We Use To. If I Do, I Know I Will Get A Fill Before Anything Happens Like Gain Back 10-15 Lbs. I Think It Is All A Learning Experience For All Of Us. We Will Do It!!!

Have A Great Weekend! Diane

Thanks for your words of encouragement. Gosh This whole last year, foods that I used to devour such as cakes, Cookies, candy which where my worst weekenesses did not bother me at all. I breezed through every day never even wanting any, well after I had some of my fill taken out, oh my Lord, all the old demons started showing up. I cannot wait until September 4th for my fill. I do appreciate you commenting.

Good luck to you.

I Won't Get A Chance To Write Tomorrow So I Will Do So Today. Tomorrow Will Be My 1st Anniversary. I Am So Thankful The I Have Done As Well As I Have. The First 6mos Were So Slow Losing And I Was Concerned That I Would Never Make My Goal. But With My Last Fill In Jan, I Have Lost Most Of My Weight And I Feel Great.

Ladydi

Hi guys! I haven't been around much lately as work is keeping me very occupied. I wanted to drop in and wish everyone a very happy first Bandiversary. We made it and we have all done a terrific job! Keep up the good work!

Libra: How Is Your New Job? What Do You Do? Are You All Settled In With Your Move. That Is A Lot To Do All At Once! Can You Believe That You Only Have 51 Lbs To Goal? I Have 37 To My First Goal Which Is Under 200 Lbs. Then I Think I Will Be Happy With 170. I Am Almost 60 So I Don't Think It Is Realistic For Me To Go Much Lower. I Think By Then I Could Schedule A Tummy Tuck Which Would Talk At Least 10 More Lbs Off. I Never Thought I Would Be So Close! I Feel Like Someone Needs To Pinch Me.

Robin: How Did Your Fill Work Out? Are You Losing Again? Do You Know If They Charge You For A Little Unfill? I Have Not Been In Since Jan When I Seen You At The Clinic. I Am Still Very Tight. I Have Loss About 70 Lbs Since Then And I Would Think I Would Need A Fill By Now. At Least That Is What I Have Been Told.

When I Was Gone, I Didn't Read All The July And June Abc Chats. Did Something Go Wrong, Is That Why There Has Been No One On This Chat? This Is Just So Strange! I Really Miss Talking To Everyone And Listening To What They Have To Say! Just Wondered. Thank You For Talking To Me!

Ladydi/diane

I am here. I am frustrated because the scales are just not moving, and haven't since last March. Although I love being a size 14 I would really like to get this last 30 pounds off. I have decided that starting September 1st I would begin again. I am going to exercise twice a day instead of once. I will eat 80% Protein that is harder for me to get down - like chicken or steak - that way I can't eat alot, and really track my calories which I have not yet done. I just had another fill in July and it is holding just fine. I am not feeling hungry so it must be that I am not moving enough or eating the right kinds of calories. I am going to do this for three weeks and then assess where I am at. I will do some weight training which I know will affect my weight loss but it should ulitmately help me lose weight easier. Wish me luck. Robin