Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery date scheduled 3/3

Hello everyone! So my sleeve is officially scheduled ! I guess I am just looking for some support and maybe buddies with a similar sleeve date . I'm on day 2 of the preop diet , which sucks but I'm keeping my eye on the prize !! I'm just starting to get nervous and wondering about post op recovery etc.

Any tips , suggestions ?

Sent from my iPhone using BariatricPal

If I could get the hang if replying to people's post:) but Anyway I am to be sleeve plus some hernia repairs esophagus and umbilical and some lymphomas out. I have already reached past my pre-op weight and just maintaining for the rest of time. I was wondering if anyone is scheduled to have all these "extra" things done if so recovery process?

Thanks

I'm having a band to sleeve revision on the 2nd! It was supposed to be 2/23 but it was rescheduled due to a death in the family this week and the Drs schedule. I'm so excited to get this done! I'm a lower bmi so I only have to do a week on the pre-op diet of Protein shakes and 1 small meal a day until the day before with only liquids. I'm ready to focus on me again and take care of myself. I have a 2 yr old I need to be healthy for! Good luck everyone else!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm having a band to sleeve revision on the 2nd! It was supposed to be 2/23 but it was rescheduled due to a death in the family this week and the Drs schedule. I'm so excited to get this done! I'm a lower bmi so I only have to do a week on the pre-op diet of Protein shakes and 1 small meal a day until the day before with only liquids. I'm ready to focus on me again and take care of myself. I have a 2 yr old I need to be healthy for! Good luck everyone else!

I had the band to sleeve revision too. My surgery was on feb 16. I had to do the preop diet for 2 weeks prior. I have lost a total 17 pounds since 2/2 . I started at 242 preop , 233 day of surgery and 224 as of today 2/25.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I had the band to sleeve revision too. My surgery was on feb 16. I had to do the preop diet for 2 weeks prior. I have lost a total 17 pounds since 2/2 . I started at 242 preop , 233 day of surgery and 224 as of today 2/25.

Niya0216 how did you feel after surgery? I've been told since it's a revision that the main is worse due to the removal of the band and port along with scar tissue. Any issues after surgery? Good job at the weight loss so far!!

Niya0216 how did you feel after surgery? I've been told since it's a revision that the main is worse due to the removal of the band and port along with scar tissue. Any issues after surgery? Good job at the weight loss so far!!

Hi, the first 2 days was really painfull, but after that i find it bearable. I really havent taken any pain meds since i cane home only like twice before bed. Im going good went back to work after a week. Im still sore though and u feel more soreness on my right side cause thats where the port was but other than that im ok. Thanks

Hello everyone! So my sleeve is officially scheduled ! I guess I am just looking for some support and maybe buddies with a similar sleeve date . I'm on day 2 of the preop diet , which sucks but I'm keeping my eye on the prize !! I'm just starting to get nervous and wondering about post op recovery etc.

Any tips , suggestions ?

Sent from my iPhone using BariatricPal

I just had the sleeve done on Wednesday, 2/3. The surgery was really painful and immediately had me questioning if I made the right decision. I spent two nights in the hospital. I was really tired and weak. I was unable to take the pain medicine or any Vitamins in pill form. I ended up buying chewable Flintstones Multivitamins with Iron, chewable Calcium citrate and vitamelt B12. I planned on going back to work on Monday the 8th but when I showered, I was so weak that I called out sick. I did go back Tuesday, 2/9 (6 days post op) and have been fine.... I have a desk job. By the following day, my pain was pretty much gone (except if I coughed).

I feel that I could have been better prepared for the post-op diet. I have always loved Water but after surgery, it took me almost 3 weeks to be able to drink it again (made me feel like I had a lump in my throat). Make sure you have plenty of juice, maybe some flavor packets to mix in your Water, different broths, different flavors of sugar-free Jello, Popsicles and a couple different Protein shakes.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the BariatricPal App

Hi Brianna. I'm 12 days post op. I feel so good. I was nervous/excited also. I took everything one day at a time. Otherwise for me, it would have been too overwhelming. Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using the BariatricPal App

HI I'm scheduled for 3/3 also! I am only required to do 24 hr liquid diet the day before, but I'm doing low cal until surgery to try and shrink my liver for a smoother surgery..