Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hawaii pre & post bansters

Hey, sept 28th sounds like a plan.. that date sounds so familar.. hmm, well anyway by then i will be banded =)

Oh sorry Kathleen, I was hoping to meet with you also. It was nic meeting with Lisa and Miriam. Its nice to have a face with a name. Onward ladies to our final goal. Keep up the good work, and good luck to all. I don have my next appt with Dr. Fowler Sept 28, maybe another meeting with the ladies?????? check your schedules...aloha....bev

I got approved for surgery on 9/6/07. I have my first appt with Mary on the 19th and with Cindy. I still have to make an appt with PT. I finished the lengthy questionnaire the doc. So i have to schedule with her. I also have to do a stress echo, polmunary function test, and labs. Did you ladies pay for the psychs appt too. First $70 to the doc for the consult, $600 to Mary, then $150 to doc??

Aloha Ladies,

I have a follow up with Dr. Fowler on September 28th at 2:00p.m. so I am up for a gathering if any of you are? My surgery was 3 1/2 weeks ago and I am still being very careful with my food intake. I thought some chicken and fish was ok but was wrong. I finally experienced the slimy vommiting/losing your breath scary feeling that you have probably read about. Back to Jello and chicken broth for me. Mary says when it is time for meat it will be the size of the top of a pencil eraser. I did not mean to jump into meats, I was just feeling very good and guess I was sick of liquids. I am now trying to focus on working out at the gym. I feel like I learn a bit more about this new body insert and how I relate to it everyday. I am so happy to have the help. It was great to meet you Lisa and Miriam in person and I look forward to seeing Hawaii Girl again and our Kauai friend!!!!

Take care, aloha, Kathleen

Ok, im not doing so well. I ended up at Kapiolani AICU from Sat- Sun with chest pains. They didnt find anything particularly wrong, no heart attacks or anything. I was given some nitroglycerin stuff, observe, has multiple ekgs, then they sent me home. I am having a stress echo next week. I did all my labs and got my appoints 2 or of 4 lined up. Date set for Oct 2nd. I brought some Protein stuff already and ill wait for my appointment with Mary to see how things go.. Good luck LISA

btw, castly girl, what gym do you go to? i want to join 24 hr fitness in kaneohe but i have never ever even been in a gym!!! just got banded and still feeling wierd and unsure

Hey girl, good to hear from you. I have an appt with Fowler for pre-op on the 28th at 3:OOPm. I will meet you at the docs office. i'm fine now.

OK everyone, so the 28th sounds like the day to meet up. I have an appt with Dr. Fowler also on the 28th at 1:15, but I have to make my appts with Cindy and Mary also on that day, and try to see my daughter who is going to BYU also. Whew, what a day that will be. I am 16 days post op and am eating what should be soft foods now, but I have been able to eat fish and chicken with no problems. I just make sure I chew, chew, chew. I dont want to have a PB. I am losing weight OK. Dave and I go to the gym 5 or 6 days a week, depending on our sons activities for the weekend, so lately no gym on Saturdays. But the program is working so keep up the good work ladies, and I'll see you guys on the 28th I hope. What do you think we could do, real quick like, well at least I want to see everyone either again or for the first time. I am sooooooo excited. ALOHA

Ok,i switched the display mode and have no idea where I am. Today is my birthday and I was fairly good this weekend. I started my own pre-op diet. My kids want to make me a cake, but i really think its for them anyway. I think i will lounge around today. Alohas to all...

miriam/lisa

Aloha everyone and welcome Lisa! I hope you're over the pain stage of getting the band. The pain meds seemed to work well in hindsight. I want to apologize to everyone for not writing in so long. I started nursing levels for school this month and I don't even have time to talk to my kids. LOL! It's a crazy schedule but I was able to change one class so I may be able to go to group on Wednesdays. Did the plastic surgeon talk at the meeting yet? Anyways, I'm pretty good. I actually don't have much restriction at all. Sometimes I'm so hungry I could eat a horse! I try not to eat too much b/c I don't want to gain before my first fill. I believe I may see you all next Friday. I think my appointment is at 2:15 or 2:30 and if my son doesn't have a football game that afternoon, I'll be able to meet with you all. Kaohinani, I thought I sent you a message before your surgery to wish you luck but I couldn't find it. I'm so sorry, I was thinking about you and hoping you had zero pain. Castle girl, I hope all is well with you. You have also been on my mind as well as the other two ladies and Dave. Well, I know it's a lot in one writing but I probably won't go on again until next week to check if we'll meet up. Good luck everyone! Aloha

Judging by my b-day dinner, I have to educate my kids pn band life too... even my husband, egrhhhh. He made me feel` so guilty if i didn't eat the dinner and cake the girls made for me. Its now i wish i hadnt taught them to be such good cooks down to my 12yr old. Its going to be hardest with my husband, who is so skinny he can eat anything...all week was ok, but i bombed today... i was so proud of myself for starting a pre-op diet on my own...i will continue..

Well everyone, sounds like we are all doing good. Looks like I won't be seeing Mary or Cindy on the 28th, but I will see my daughter in the morning so that means the whole afternoon I get to hang out with you guys. If you guys are around. So what time and where, I guess we might meet some of you at the office, so we'll see. Keep in touchbev