Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is losing 30 pounds in 30 days do able?

Do you think it's possible to lose 30 pounds in about 30 days pre-op?

I'm starting quite high (370).

I think you will. More than likely as soon as you cut out all sugar and breads. The weight will start pouring off. My doctor would kill me for saying this but you have to go on a fad diet like the Atkins or south beach...

Also talk with your doc they should have a regime they want you to follow

It depends but probably not. I was around that weight for a long time and it would take me 2-3 months to lose that much. Even the first month after surgery I didn't lose 30 lbs.

Why do you need to lose 30lbs in 30 days?

I wouldn't count on it. A lot of factors go into your weightloss. For me, I started at 429lbs and was 386lbs the day of surgery....at my first month checkup I was only down 15lbs. It was super disappointing. But, my body just needed more time to get with it, and by my 3 month spot coming up, I'll be close to 70lbs down since surgery. Weightloss is just that unpredictable.

Edited by Sajijoma

It all depends on your body. I have been on my pre op liquid diet ( my choice, surgeon says 2 weeks) since January 1st. Surgery is not until February.

In 29 days I lost 25lbs and counting! My starting weight was 242.5

Good luck!

Maybe if twenty of them are Water.

I wouldn't set yourself up for a weight loss speed game.This is not a race.Ask yourself how long it took to gain 30 pounds.Once you take on WLS it is a lifestyle not a rush to see how quick you can lose.You don't want a heart attack do you?Your body will lose weight at its speed and then you must maintain.This is not easy or magical but it is your health.Be careful what you ask for.

At your starting weight I believe it is do-able. No carb, low cal lots of Water, plenty of Vitamins. You can do it!!

Is that a goal you've set for yourself or are you wondering if it could happen? For it to happen as a result of following your practice's plan is one thing. As a goal, it's unsound thinking.

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

Do you think it's possible to lose 30 pounds in about 30 days pre-op?

I'm starting quite high (370).

Is it possible? Maybe.

Why 30 pounds in 30 days before surgery? Is this something your surgeon is expecting? Is this a self-imposed deadline?

I started at a considerably higher weight than you and losing 30 pounds in 30 days before surgery might have been possible but it wasn't something I could control.

Yes it's possible. It's not predictable or sustainable. You may hit it (I did) but don't feel like a failure if you don't.