Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Advice on tracking food in MyFitnessPal please?

Hi everyone, hoping to tap into the collective wisdom of experienced users! I am 3 days out from surgery (WAHOOOOO!) and want to start tracking my food. I have an iPad and an Android phone which both have the MyFitnessPal app downloaded. I would like the ability to track on either device and have that account sync. Is that possible? If so, how on earth do you do that? Normally I'm reasonably tech-friendly but either the Very Low Calorie Diet I'm on has sucked the brains from me or I can't see the obvious!! Any advice gratefully received.

You need to create and account and when you log in it should sync

You can also go to the "more" tab and scroll to the bottom where there is sync button if it doesn't automatically sync

@@Kiwisleeve If you download them on both devices, all you have to do is log into the same account on the devices. Easy! Sometimes mine fails to sync, but it is resolved the next time I open the app.

Hi, I had my sleeve surgery almost 2 years ago, and lost (exactly! wierd eh?) 90 lbs! It was the easiest thing I ever did, honestly! The weight just slid off without almost no effort. I used to be my weight now, but I have been through some personal trauma in the past 1-1/2 months, and have noticed weight gain of 5-6 lbs, much to my horror. Actually I know how it happened... chocolate at night when my mind is racing and I can't sleep... Now I'm terrified. I need to get back to 6 lbs less!!!! sleeping pills would solve it, but I know that's not a good solution. The days go OK - it's just at night... Where do you get "My FitnessPal" and how to download it? I do want to congratulate you though on having the surgery. I know my problem has a solution, but your solution is just starting - you'll see. And you will LOVE yourself! I have become a clothes horse - my favourite thing- trying on size 10 tight dresses, and I'm 5'9".

Depression is my worst enemy. I can still only eat so much, but I eat comfort foods, but only lately and instead of...

I think I may go to see my Dr. about antidepressants or whatever I need to stop this crazy eating. ...And I love healthy foods! I'm so scared. Even Weight Watchers can't help me with my feelings... (I thought of that).

As far as tracking your food - I have let my stomach tell me when I'm full and I stop. Then I get busy with other things. It's really not hard to loose weight at all with the bariatric sleeve surgery.

But I sure would like to know - if you can help me- where I can get this FitnessPal download!

Take care - and start LOVING YOURSELF!!!!

Eva

@@Nurse_Lenora and @AliAqua....EUREKA! Many thanks for your advice. I thought that should be the case but for the life of me it wasn't working. Turns about there was a syncing issue on my phone which is now resolved and it and my iPad are not happily talking to each other. Thanks for your prompt replies.

Hi, I had my sleeve surgery almost 2 years ago, and lost (exactly! wierd eh?) 90 lbs! It was the easiest thing I ever did, honestly! The weight just slid off without almost no effort. I used to be my weight now, but I have been through some personal trauma in the past 1-1/2 months, and have noticed weight gain of 5-6 lbs, much to my horror. Actually I know how it happened... chocolate at night when my mind is racing and I can't sleep... Now I'm terrified. I need to get back to 6 lbs less!!!! sleeping pills would solve it, but I know that's not a good solution. The days go OK - it's just at night... Where do you get "My FitnessPal" and how to download it? I do want to congratulate you though on having the surgery. I know my problem has a solution, but your solution is just starting - you'll see. And you will LOVE yourself! I have become a clothes horse - my favourite thing- trying on size 10 tight dresses, and I'm 5'9".

Depression is my worst enemy. I can still only eat so much, but I eat comfort foods, but only lately and instead of...

I think I may go to see my Dr. about antidepressants or whatever I need to stop this crazy eating. ...And I love healthy foods! I'm so scared. Even Weight Watchers can't help me with my feelings... (I thought of that).

As far as tracking your food - I have let my stomach tell me when I'm full and I stop. Then I get busy with other things. It's really not hard to loose weight at all with the bariatric sleeve surgery.

But I sure would like to know - if you can help me- where I can get this FitnessPal download!

Take care - and start LOVING YOURSELF!!!!

Eva

Definitely talk to your doctor about your concerns, especially your depression. You might also want to consider seeing a therapist or counselor.

As to MyFitnessPal, you can find it online through the App Store if you want to download the app to your phone or other device.

I'm with Inner Surfer Girl. Would be a great idea Eva if you could talk to someone about your depression. The fact you have mentioned it is a positive thing, I believe. You obviously recognise this is an issue, good for you. Please take the time to look after yourself, and thanks for your encouragement for me. Take care.