Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any 12/21/15 sleevers: How are you doing?

I had my surgery the 21st. i had frequent spasm pain but could push through it. it was painful and would almost take my breath away. but i kept moving and walking and the spasms are gone now and I'm on day 8 post op.
the hardest thing now is getting my 64 oz in each day. i do up to 2 of the 11 oz Premier Nutrition High Protein shakes so i can get my 60 grams of Protein. i get 1/2 cup of cream Soup. but i really struggle to get Water in...I need it because it makes going to the bathroom very challenging now.
and the last couple of days, my cravings have been trying to take me down. the cravings make me feel like it is impossible to ignore or fight. but i know its not hunger. i go suck on a sugarless popcicle. i put crystal lite in my Water. but i still have yearnings. i try to keep busy and away from the other 3-4 people in the house eating everything i wish i could. and the commercials! every mcdonalds and pizza commercial making my cause worse.
but i will push. i have already lost over 20 lbs since 12/7 so imagine?! imagine what comes next. I just have to keep my eye on the ball. and after this week, i'll expand my exercise regimen. not only for physical health, but for emotional and mental health. i NEED it!!

So far so good for me, but the issue I am having is that I I don't feel anything when I consume my liquid diet, I don't know if I am full or not and then I don't know if I have consumed enough. I don't know that I ever feel hungry but I know that in the past my binge times still effect me, which is in my head. I am looking forward to my purée diet next week starting the 8th, because this liquid diet is really getting to me and I want something with substance, more for the chewing aspect more than anything.

I'm having issues with knowing full too. I drank 5 ounces last night accidentally with no issues. :/ Guessing in time we will get that feeling.

I had my surgery the 21st. i had frequent spasm pain but could push through it. it was painful and would almost take my breath away. but i kept moving and walking and the spasms are gone now and I'm on day 8 post op.

the hardest thing now is getting my 64 oz in each day. i do up to 2 of the 11 oz Premier Nutrition High Protein shakes so i can get my 60 grams of Protein. i get 1/2 cup of cream Soup. but i really struggle to get Water in...I need it because it makes going to the bathroom very challenging now.

and the last couple of days, my cravings have been trying to take me down. the cravings make me feel like it is impossible to ignore or fight. but i know its not hunger. i go suck on a sugarless popcicle. i put crystal lite in my Water. but i still have yearnings. i try to keep busy and away from the other 3-4 people in the house eating everything i wish i could. and the commercials! every mcdonalds and pizza commercial making my cause worse.

but i will push. i have already lost over 20 lbs since 12/7 so imagine?! imagine what comes next. I just have to keep my eye on the ball. and after this week, i'll expand my exercise regimen. not only for physical health, but for emotional and mental health. i NEED it!!

I count the Protein shakes toward my Fluid. But even so the bathroom issues are getting a bit scary. Did you get any instructions on how to avoid problems other than water?

I had my VSG done on 12/21/15. I spent one night in the hospital. At the time I thought that was great but now I wish I had stayed another night. For the most part I feel fine. I tired very easily the first few days but that is getting better every day. I have one incision that is still very painful. It is the main site where my excess stomach was removed so I expected it to be sore longer; but not this long. I was so glad when I hit week two and could start drinking Protein Shakes and could have thicker soups! I'm still dealing with cravings and what I'm told is head hunger. I'm hoping that will begin to fade soon. I've read it takes about 30 for your gherlin levels to drop and you will have to remind yourself to eat. I hope that is the case because at this point I feel the only thing that is keeping me from eating bad stuff or over eating are the surgical restrictions. I am so looking forward to eating something I can actually chew. :). I have averaged 2lbs of weight loss the last few days. I'm down 10 pounds in 8 days....that's after a 9lb weight gain in the hospital from all the fluids....so I'm excited about that.

I'm on full liquids. Is sugar free hot chocolate a good idea or bad idea?

My doctor gave me hot chocolate packets that have Protein added. He also said I could have sugar free hot chocolate and could add unflavored Protein Powder. I wasn't a fan of the 2nd option.

I went to work this morning for 2 hours and was so weak by the time I got home, and I've really had no issues other than the shoulder pain. Probably just overdid it a bit. I guess there's a reason my doc said take 2 weeks off. Still so happy with my progress! 26 lbs down!

I had mine on 12/23. I am tolerating fluids well but my doctor said no Jello. I find it hard to know if I am getting enough nutrients but I am getting about 40g of Proteins a day and almost 50oz of Water. My follow up is tomorrow and I hope to move to the next level of liquid diet. I found the gas pain awful but it seems to have passed gas x strips were very helpful and a heating pad on my shoulder. I find my blood pressure meds make me feel weird so I will have to follow up on them with my doctor tomorrow.

I don't really have a puree section in my diet. What exactly are you pureeing? Do you just take a whole small meal and blend it? I can have cream Soups (like cream of mushroom), which pretty much pureed.

In my plan, purée allows soft scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, hummus, purees Soups (bean, etc), refried Beans thinned with broth, pureed tuna, chicken, other meats, mashed potatoes, etc.

That's how my plan is too re: pureed foods ...can't start until next week ...tired of Lipton Cream of chicken Cup-A-Souo

I went to work this morning for 2 hours and was so weak by the time I got home, and I've really had no issues other than the shoulder pain. Probably just overdid it a bit. I guess there's a reason my doc said take 2 weeks off. Still so happy with my progress! 26 lbs down!

I went into my office yesterday to do paperwork and I too was so exhausted. ..I couldn't do anything when I got home...congrats on your weight loss!

I'm having issues with knowing full too. I drank 5 ounces last night accidentally with no issues. :/ Guessing in time we will get that feeling.

So glad to hear people have the same thoughts and issues as I am ...I felt really hungry yesterday and drank 3 Protein Shakes (90grams of protein) throughout the day ...started worrying that maybe my surgery won't be effective if I feel really hungry ... not as bad today with hunger

Hello, I,m a 12/23 like you. I took all my pain med, but I still have the stomach spasms. I have the gas x strips they do help some. Christmas was OK, I was not hungry or thirsty. I did try my first Protein Shake today only got down 4 ozs and struggling to get the fluids in.

I am concerned about the stomach spasms because they hurt. I tried walking them out,but got my most relief with the heating pad. I am also very cold. I wear a hoodie and wrap up in blankets, because I get so cold at times.

I'm just trying to learn what is normal for my body.

My surgery date was 12/23 and I had a lot of the same symptoms you had. I was taking pain meds on an empty stomach the first day, which I think caused a lot of stomach pains. I still get some gas/pressure/pain in my stomach on occasion. I think it's my stomach adjust acid output or something. May I need some Prilosec or something?

Christmas was hard, but I was prepared. 2 days out from surgery I wasn't really interested in eating. Protein Shakes were hard enough to get down. I am around 60g Protein and 40 ounces of liquid. Need to get the liquids up some.

I done mine in 12/21. I still have pain when I swallow anything. I am still eating faster than I should be , I think. I drank my way through week 1 and had Greek yogurt. I can't tolerate the taste of any sweet liquids.

If you can't do sweet stuff get some good chi Ken broth and add unflavored Protein Powder.

Eating took away a lot of my stomach spasms.

I just had my sleeve on 12/29. Did anyone else have issues with black liquidy poop the first few days after surgery?

I just had my sleeve on 12/29. Did anyone else have issues with black liquidy poop the first few days after surgery?

That may be normal. Liquid in .. Liquid out. I had similar issue.