Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bummed out, had to cancel surgery

I had my surgery scheduled for July 30th and had to cancel. I am totally bummed. We have to take out a loan on our home equity and it will take over 2 weeks to get it done with the paperwork and appraisal, etc. Well, with having the extra time, my hubby is having a few second thoughts about the cost. He just wants me to wait until next May, after school lets out. (I am a school teacher). I just don't want to wait that long. I told him let's just rethink and decide on a day to get it done, maybe even the Friday after Thanksgiving, or something like that. Now I am just feeling so bad because I want to get this done and start losing weight NOW, not later. I think about it so much now, every time I eat I just think about how it would be if I had the surgery, how I wouldn't be such a pig. I don't know.

Anyone else having this problem?

Oh, my insurance will not cover any type of bariatric surgery, so that was never an option.

I'm a teacher too and have also had trouble getting my sugery scheduled this summer. It looks like it'll be in September or October. I don't want to take off at the start of the school year but I can't to really start losing some wait so...i guess i have to do what i have to do. I just can't stay this weight anymore so cheer up and remember that everything happens for a reason (even when we don't understand the reason) and to do what's best for you.

Why not get it done during one of those week long vacations. You could have the surgery on the friday before break starts and have a whole week off and then you can take more sick time after that if you wanted to. There is a way to work it out.

My insurance wouldn't cover either so I went to Mexico and had it done and don't regret it one bit. I was able on day 3 to do everything I ever did so maybe you could take a long weekend. I was fine, didn't need anything for pain and day 8 was riding 4 wheelers all day long. I know you are discouraged. Tell you hubby that mine was a year ago this month and I've lost almost 80 pounds. I don't know how much you need to loose but you could be at goal by next May and be in such good health by then. I know we've saved the 20,000.00 we've been out so far in diet products, gym memeberships, diet programs, and groceries.

Keep your chin up this too shall pass.

Pm me if you need some encouragement, I would be glad to help.

Good luck.

I understand too. I'm a teacher and have been waiting all summer! I finally got approved by my ins. co. on Fri., and teachers report back on 8/29! I don't care. I will make sure I don't miss the first week of school, but this is WAY too improtant to me to have to wait. WAIT? I feel like I've been waiting my entire life for this incredible opportunity. My only wish is that I could've been banded 20 yrs ago!! I hope your hubby will reconsider so you can have it done asap.

When do you start school? grade? What about you sbee? I teach 5th. Good luck to you both. Keep me posted!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches