Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just got my surgery instructions and my date is December 18th!!! It has been surreal up to this point now I'm just anxious and beyond excited! :D :D :D

@Earniecer I so remember those feelings! And to tell the truth I am still excited and it's been two years. Best wishes with all -- do you have a pre-op diet? Mine was two weeks and it was the first time I knew every pound I lost was one I'd never be seeing again. I keep hawking the links below in my signature -- O'Brien's Eight Golden Rules for Lapband and Dr. Simpson's site especially. I had to really drill it into my head that the band is not about restriction. Good luck with all -- you're going to do beautifully!

Thanks so much. I'm excited to start a new year with a new positive attitude!

So exciting!!!!! Thats my surgery date too....CANT WAIT!! I'd do it tomorrow if it was an option :)

I've actually had a lap band before....i had it for 2.5 years, got a stomach flu and irritated my lower stomach and needed it removed. It was SUPPOSED to be for only 3 months but a new job/no insurance changed that.

Now its 3 yrs and 11 months later and i'm FINALLY FINALLY getting my band back! Im so incredibly grateful...

You will love it! Yes its a learning curve but its beyond worth it. GOODLUCK TO YOU!

Earneice. Good luck! Your surgery is a day after mine. I am the first patient on the 17th. My doctor told me the ball is in my court. So it forced me to really get on the liver shrinking diet. I have to talk to myself all day to make better choices. Have you start d getting your food and other stuff for post op?

I'm getting more and more excited with every day.

So exciting!!!!! Thats my surgery date too....CANT WAIT!! I'd do it tomorrow if it was an option :)

I've actually had a lap band before....i had it for 2.5 years, got a stomach flu and irritated my lower stomach and needed it removed. It was SUPPOSED to be for only 3 months but a new job/no insurance changed that.

Now its 3 yrs and 11 months later and i'm FINALLY FINALLY getting my band back! Im so incredibly grateful...

You will love it! Yes its a learning curve but its beyond worth it. GOODLUCK TO YOU!

Kiba,

I've stocked up in chicken and beef broth, cream of wheat, premier Protein shakes, and Gatorade. I have to get sugar free popsicles. I wanted to get done things after surgery because I didn't want to buy a bunch of stuff and not like it.

I got some beef & chicken broth, SF Carnation Breakfast (that's what my doc in ny had me drink the first time), & I'll 6 get a bag of ice from Sonic. ...i LOVE eating ice & it feel like you're "chewing" which really helps (plus that Ice is softer, almost like eating a snow cone).

I'm remembering other things like the Jello. .. *gag* i hate jello! I can't do it again. ...but we'll see because it does have Protein.

I also have a juicer. ...i actually love juicing & im excited to see how i tolerate it after surgery....you get a whole days worth of fruit/veggies in one juice. Something to think about if you've never done it before!

I haven't juiced in a while. I actually do love Jello. When are you getting your band back, Barbie?

@@kiba78 Dec 18th! Just over ONE WEEK AWAY! Can you tell I'm excited? Lol

@barbie1978 YaY! Mine is scheduled for the 17th. I'm excited. I think I am finally getting over the nerves. How have you been on the pre-op diet. I was beating myself down when I initially was told to do the sugarbuster's diet and I really could not stick to it. I was expecting my surgeon to make me feel bad. He did not. He just told me my BMI put me at a higher risk if my liver did not shrink, but he reassured me that all should be well. He also told me just to stick with it. Going to the seminar and seeing other people in the same predicament in terms of surgery in the upcoming weeks made me feel more comfortable and less nervous. Also, one lady was getting her surgery the next day. I was amazed at the people in the hospital that was used to the surgery and they made me feel very comfortable during my pre-op.

I have to keep self-talking throughout the day so I will stick to my diet. I got all of my prescriptions with the exception of one that I should pick up today. I got Miralax (the store brand) on sale at Walgreens for $10 off and I got some Gas X strips on sale, as well.

I can't believe it is a little over a week away.

Hi All,

I am scheduled for the 17th. I am so busy trying to make it thru this preop diet, that my mind isn't focused on being nervous! I started it yesterday, and oh my! I am having to self talk all day too! I made it yesterday, and I am so ready to be done! These last days are gonna go slow. I know I will be nervous the day of, but I am just trying to survive and stick to this crap! I feel a little bad that I am not going to be cooking the nicer meals I usually do, but I have to cope and make it thru this diet! I'm not as much worried about after, because the swelling will help with less hunger at first. My husband said don't worry about the meals, he can cook if I need him to. I will just get some delicious microwaveable/ oven meals! LOL! But, now suffering thru this preop diet, makes me ready to get this thing done today!! Already!

I have a slight headache but I guess that's to be expected. I'm making it through each meal at a time. I have lost about 9 pounds since last week so that's one plus for me. You got this Sun. What does your diet consist of? Staying busy is helping me cope. This week I had one of my triggers where my go to food is usually something sweet. I really had to stay away from my temptations. Not having them around me made the process much easier.

ok so...how is everyone feeling??!!?? Officially 2 days post op (i'm still in awe of the fact that I AM BANDED again, finally)....

This time for me was so much easier. I was a good 22 pounds heavier the FIRST time (july 2009) and what a huge difference in how i felt waking up, and the first few days. I've been walking like crazy, went shopping for more broth, Isopure and greek yogurt....i do get tired out very easily, but other than SLIGHT soreness, i'm feeling fricken amazing.

@barbie1978. I'm making it. I have to remind myself multiple times a day. I went to gnocchi yesterday and was able to get the clear isoprene drinks. They were on sale buy one get on 50% off. I am on the clear liquid diet for a week. Then I will move to a full liquid diet. I'm hungry. I'm reminding myself about why I am doing this. I see my doctor tomorrow. Hopefully he will allow me to move on. My incisions are itching. I think I may get Greek yogurt also.