Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any December Sleever's?

I am so sorry about the feedback you got from your "great friend", joshazkid1. I have told a handful of friends and they have all been extremely kind and supportive about it. Of course, when I tell them I am having the surgery in Tijuana, they sort of freak out and say, "really?" At first, they just don't understand but then they come to their senses and say,

"I know you, you have probably researched and then researched some more. I trust you know what you are doing and am so happy for you." That is what your friend should be saying....Perhaps your friend is jealous and worried about the friendship when you are no longer the "same size".

Anyhow, I am getting my surgery done the day befoe you in Tijuana. Which hospital will you be at? .....small world!!

Amen to Violet's post! If anyone thinks this is the easy way out, it's ignorance talking. It's like saying, "heart surgery is the easy way out, exercise and diet will fix that problem!" Sometimes "good friends" aren't as wise as they think they are. It's like broke people giving financial advice.

Hey guys mine in on the 28th of this month in excited but scared at the same time I take my I start my pre op on the 14 please keep me up on how you doing and what I should be doing

I am next Tuesday and I'm seeing a lot of people who are scared prior to sutgery and then amazed the next day after. That's what makes this forum so wonderful. I am doing my Protein Shake diet and it's been a piece of cake. No hunger at all. We will all be fine! Feel the fear and do it anyway.

My surgery date is Monday the 14th. My doctor hasn't prescribed a pre-op diet, but from what I've read it seems like a good idea to try to reverse any fatty liver disease before surgery. So, is the pre-op diet just going on low sugar Protein Shakes?

Edited by Robincantri

I'm using Premiere Protein Shakes from costco. Also available at Walgreens. 30 rams of Protein, low fat. Definitely need both low sugar/high protein.

Surgery scheduled for 12/14 - started my liquid diet this week. The struggle is REAL!

I don't mind the taste of the shakes but they are like sludge or Quikrete concrete mix! I've tried adding more liquid but that doesn't seem to help.

And I'm not 100% sure if I should be drinking any Soups but by the time dinner rolls around, and I'm in the house with eaters, the Soup seems to help me not feel so isolated from my family and offers me a change of pace. I have another pre-op appointment with my surgeon Monday so I will clarify but on his instructions it said 4-5 shakes per day....I can barely choke down 3. The only other alternative I was given was to add the Protein powder to a packet of regular instant oatmeal - I don't know how well that would go down but thought maybe it would work better texture-wise for me in some Cream of Wheat. Just looking for variety and counting down the days!

Yes! My surgery is also on Dec. 08. I am a little nervous, but I'm also very excited.

Try the Premiere Protein ones--they're pretty good

I'm putting MIO flavor drops in them. I got Caramel Macchiato Folgers drops and they're amazing and delicious.

VSG is slated for December 9th. 5 days into the liquid diet - and with the exception of nasty diarrhea (sorry TMI) - it's going OK, although I am hungry. Never in my life thouht I'd get passionate about how good beef broth tastes. LOL This is a life change for me, and a Quest to get very healthy and not lumber around like Jabba the Hut anymore.

My surgery is set for December 8th. Am on day #10 out of 14 day liquid diet. Feeling good, feel as though I'm as ready as I can be. Just difficult, it is our family Thanksgiving/Christmas party on Sunday Dec 6th. But, I know I can do this!!

Edited by 07282015

You absolutely are a rock star and you can do this! There will be many more family dinners because you are saving your life.

My surgery is 12/15. Signed consents today, met with pre surgery nurse. I need advice regarding chewable vitamins, and Calcium. Which taste best ??

Lostlesa I am now 4 days post op. I bought chewable vitamins as well as capsules. I've had one chewable and it was disgusting! I take the capsules without any problems. The anti acid capsules are about the same size. If you are like me - don't waste your money on chewable Vitamins. Get capsules.