Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP! (No, it's not really THAT dramatic????)

Ok so I'm sitting here and I REALLY want something sweet! My husband brought home Krispy Kreme's..ummm NO! My daughter is having a sleepover and they made homemade chocolate-strawberry cupcakes.....ugh! Noooooo! So of course now that I'm surrounded by sugar I want something too and NOT protein! So what do you eat that's sweet without the guilt? I've run out of ideals. I've included pictures of the hell I'm sitting in because I'm bitter!

Whenever I feel like something sweet I have an apple with either a teaspoon of Peanut Butter or a teaspoon of caramel sauce. By the time I've finished I'm so full and also Fiber is good and my craving usually satisfied.

A teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa stirred into a spoonful or two of cool whip.

A sugar-free popsicle (I like the tropical variety).

A spoonful of ricotta cheese with some sugar-free Torani Syrup stirred in.

A strawberry dipped in cool whip.

Heck, one spoonful of frozen cool whip.

Eggface also has a number of Desserts, including Cookies made from Protein bars.

A spoonful of ricotta cheese with some sugar-free torani syrup stirred in.

Eggface also has a number of Desserts, including Cookies made from Protein Bars.

A spoonful of ricotta cheese with some sugar-free torani syrup stirred in.

Eggface also has a number of desserts, including cookies made from Protein Bars.< /p>

Hello ???? If you like pudding, I found a really good flavor. "Dulce de Leche" sugar free...fat free...a spoon of that will take away my sweet tooth. ????

I love sf Jello pudding cups in dark chocolate as well as sf fudgesicles. I also buy the mini cones and mini ice cream sandwiches which aren't sf but small enough portions that they don't do much damage. Sugar is not my nemesis, so a fun sized snickers or mini Hershey bar won't "trigger" me.

It's better for me to have a bit of what I want than eating around an urge because I'm highly likely to eat the original craving anyways. I enjoy a bite or two instead of dwelling on it.

I've read of people making SF Jello with diet soda...

I make jellied puddings out of Protein shakes.

That is a brilliant idea!! I love this site! Do you adjust the recipe in anyway or just add the Protein powder?

@@sbrainwater Well I've had it before when my mom was doing weight watches, but not since this.

Sorry I thought I was responding to someone else! By the way, your stats are amazing! I'm going to start looking through your activity. Any advice for a newbie that has surgery in December? Maybe one or two things that really helped you or any surprises that I should be warned about?

@@sbrainwater Thank you! I work hard to get those stats and keep them. Humm things that help me....well this website was huge for me because I learned a lot from members continuously. I basically just take it day by day. I don't weigh too often because I knew that would drive me nuts so that helped a lot. It hasn't been easy but it hasn't been real hard either. All of my weight loss came from what I put in my mouth. I've exercised a few times but I wasn't good at that part of the process. I had 0 hunger for the first few months and that went away at month 4 I'd say. I get hungry now and I really have to watch what I eat. I have really good restriction so I can't eat too much. Everyday is different. I can eat anything I want I just have days of not being hungry and days I feel like I'm hungry all day! Water has always been a pain for me. I have to really focus on getting enough water in. I like sugar! Someday I don't feel like eating and I just want sugar! I have to fight through those days. I was diligent as far as tracking my food. Everything I ate I tracked. I've kinda strayed from that so I need to get back on it. The weight came off surprisingly fast but this last few lbs are hanging on for dear life. I'm pretty sure I will be forced to exercise regularly to get it off. It's hard to give advice because you may be completely different than I am. Just do your part and let your body do its. If you read through here enough you'll see that everyone stalls, people always thing they aren't losing enough or fast enough compared to this person or whatever. Don't do that! Don't compare numbers, time frames or anything thing else with anybody! Just be present and aware of your own body and what you need to do. Oh and don't let anyone ruffle your feathers in here! Take what you need and leave the rest. Good luck!!!

Ok! Why do some of my words keep getting highlighted blue?!!

Some of my favs when I really want something sweet are sugar free hot chocolate and sugar free choc pudding with a little bit of a crushed up pb Protein Bar in it. Yummy!

Whoops

Edited by sbrainwater

@@sbrainwater Thank you! I work hard to get those stats and keep them. Humm things that help me....well this website was huge for me because I learned a lot from members continuously. I basically just take it day by day. I don't weigh too often because I knew that would drive me nuts so that helped a lot. It hasn't been easy but it hasn't been real hard either. All of my weight loss came from what I put in my mouth. I've exercised a few times but I wasn't good at that part of the process. I had 0 hunger for the first few months and that went away at month 4 I'd say. I get hungry now and I really have to watch what I eat. I have really good restriction so I can't eat too much. Everyday is different. I can eat anything I want I just have days of not being hungry and days I feel like I'm hungry all day! Water has always been a pain for me. I have to really focus on getting enough Water in. I like sugar! Someday I don't feel like eating and I just want sugar! I have to fight through those days. I was diligent as far as tracking my food. Everything I ate I tracked. I've kinda strayed from that so I need to get back on it. The weight came off surprisingly fast but this last few lbs are hanging on for dear life. I'm pretty sure I will be forced to exercise regularly to get it off. It's hard to give advice because you may be completely different than I am. Just do your part and let your body do its. If you read through here enough you'll see that everyone stalls, people always thing they aren't losing enough or fast enough compared to this person or whatever. Don't do that! Don't compare numbers, time frames or anything thing else with anybody! Just be present and aware of your own body and what you need to do. Oh and don't let anyone ruffle your feathers in here! Take what you need and leave the rest. Good luck!!!

Thank you! When I diet, I weigh myself everyday. I don't know if I wil be able to break the habit. I will take weekly measurements as well to combat the scale if I'm stalling. Stalling seems to the biggest problem on this site that I'm worried about. So I will track my food/Protein to stay on track and just be prepared for it. I know making sure you're getting enough GOOD foods, staying away from carbs, and switching up exercise routines will help.

As for working out, I am a server at a very busy restaurant. I work 7-9 hours shifts. I have tracked my steps on my shifts and I usually walk around 5-6 miles a shift. Do you think that's enough exercise or should I start going to the gym again?

Good luck on those last six pounds! I bet exercising would take care of it pretty quickly since you haven't been working out a lot. Can't wait to hear about the day you hit goal!

I've read of people making SF Jello with diet soda...

I make jellied puddings out of Protein shakes.
That is a brilliant idea!! I love this site! Do you adjust the recipe in anyway or just add the Protein Powder?

I have made some just with gelatine added to a shake, and also ones where I played around with the ingredients (adding a different Protein powder, a fibre supplement, etc). Here's one I made ages ago: http://wp.me/p5rf4h-3w

@@sbrainwater They will probably tell you do exercise outside of work. I don't know, it depends on your program.