Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Roasted Vegetables

I love roasted vegetables. They are especially good in the fall and winter months.

They are pretty tasty with just salt, pepper, and olive oil, but here is an article with some other variations.

http://www.thekitchn.com/5-easy-ways-to-flavor-roasted-vegetables-223577?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=managed

How do you roast your vegetables?

I had roasted asparagus with my steak last night. I added a tiny bit of freshly grated parmesan. My favorites are brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, and onions.

I roasted asparagus with EVOO, onion powder, white pepper, seasoned salt and garlic powder. Yummy.

I like the seasoned salt or garlic salt rather than plain salt/sea salt.

I LOVE roasted veggies too! I usually keep it simple and use plain EVOO and perhaps a little salt. That was pre-surgery actually. So far I can't eat enough veggies to make roasting worth it and still get in all my Protein. What's the point of roasting one stalk of asparagus? When I can take in more veggies, I'll have to mix it up after clicking your link. You keep rocking with your roasted veggies! ;)

I'm very random. It depends on what's in the fridge. It's mostly whatever veg I have and a little EVOO. Herbs and spices vary. I tend to add garlic at the last minute because I hate the taste of burnt garlic. If it's dried herbs and powdered spices the I wait until the veg are done and lightly toss them in a bowl right out the oven.

I like to use them either as a side dish or as a salad with a little balsamic vinegar.

I LOVE roasted Brussel sprouts with dried cranberries & smoked tempeh (my sister uses bacon). I serve them with a sunny side up egg and a little grated Parmesan.

I love peppers, onions, eggplant, carrots, butternut squash, yellow squash and zucchini. I do variations of those combinations. I use EVOO, Balsamic vinegar, Kosher Salt, Cracked Pepper and some Rosemary. I love roasted veggies.

LOVE LOVE roasted veggies! I'm lucky I can do a lot for the family and just eat my small serving. Not sure I would bother if it was just for me.

I subscribe to a harvest basket weekly so it's whatever they deliver and encourages me to try new ones!

I typically toss them in olive oil and sprinkle a seasoning mix-- trader joes everyday seasoning is a favorite and Mrs dash has some good ones. I often throw in whole garlic cloves and or shallots.

Roast at 375 till veggies are golden brown and starting to crisp at edges.

Often I will toss with goat cheese and/or balsamic glaze (also from trader joes) when they are done.

Brussel sprouts, mushrooms and shallots is my latest favorite. Root veggies are always good. I avoid the potatoes myself but the family eats them.

My favorite is roasted cauliflower.. I toss it with a touch of olive oil and salt and I add some capers too. The capers get crispy and they're very tasty

Asparagus with olive oil and lemon and garlic is good

and right now butternut squash is available and I love to cube that up toss it with some olive oil, salt, a touch of curry and ginger powders

@@Sophie74656 - try making a paste with the curry powder a little Water and some evoo. slather that on cauliflower and roast (I slice mine into thick "steaks".) Soooo good!

@@Sophie74656 - try making a paste with the curry powder a little Water and some evoo. slather that on cauliflower and roast (I slice mine into thick "steaks".) Soooo good!

oooh that sounds tasty

Parsnips. OMG, people, parsnips. Especially good with carrots. I know this cause we're eating our first roasted veggies of the season, it's been too hot here. Today it's cool and rainy. The beets are still in the oven, they always take longer. I parboil the parsnips and potatoes for four minutes first.

Edited by 2goldengirl

Not beets person. They taste like dirt to me, but golden beets roasted with fingerlings and asparagus or green Beans is good. I put the asparagus/green bean in when they root veg are nearly done so they stay nice and crisp. The only seasoning they need are garlic and good evoo.