Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Greetings from Minnesota

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this form. I have my consult set up for July 26th. Needless to say I am very excited about this. I have been on diets and yo yoed for years, I am really hoping this will be a permanent sollution for me. I teach EMS education and know what weight can do to ones body. I live in Minnesota with my husband of 30 years and our 4--yes 4 dogs. We have 3 Huskeys and a German Shepard who thinks shes a Husky.

Hi Neighbor! I'm in Wisconsin and I work with an animal rescue group... only ONE cat at home, but we've saved hundreds of dogs lives! I mainly do the webwork for the rescue... (I also have a paying job...) Been married 36 yrs, 2 grown kids, 2 adorable grandbabies!

Anyway, I'm pretty new here too... there is SO MUCH information here, you'll be amazed. Get ready to do a lot of reading! This is sort of like "Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Lap Band Surgery, But Was Afraid To Ask..." that constantly updates and gives you excellent, first-hand knowledge!

: )

katie

Hi Katie,

Have you had your surgery yet? I think this site will be a great asset, in my area our clinic doesn't do the band so I need to head to the twin cities, needless to say the support group for bands isn't there either-so I know this will be great. Good for you on the animal rescue, I belong to the Humane Society here- somehow my specialty is delivering puppies.

No surgery yet... I watched the videos posted here in the forum... INTERESTING and I am not one who can stand blood and gore! I'm just feeling better and better with my decision to do this as I read and learn here...

I'll know more tomorrow... I go in for my first consultation!

I had my gall bladder out 2 yrs ago laproscopically (sp?)... it was "no big deal" --- I'm sure this will be a bit MORE, but I really do feel well prepared!

Greetings

I have not had surgery, but attended several seminars offered by doctors in my area who perform the surgery. I've been fighting with my insurance company for the past year, but it appears they have decided to offer the surgery. Thank God!

Need the group to pray my strength as I walk the journey of beginning the process of having the surgery. I am ready for the change in my life.

Hello neighbor - I am from South Dakota and am going to be banded on Monday (23). Hope to let you know on the 24th how I turn out. :confused:

Hello,

I am going to be banded 23 jul. in Austin Tx and am also 62 years. I am a little scared, but all tests turned out fine. I am glad to find someone my own age. I hope you do well and maybe we can compare things so we can learn from each other. Good luck. Lonestar.

YEAH - we can be twins! are you on a pre-op diet? I am on Optifast for 2 weeks and am doing pretty good - have some "I want something to eat" but really not hungry.

Hello,

Nice to hear from you. I am sooo glad we are about the same age (63 in Aug). I think my doctor is taking extra precaution. I just finished a stress test yesterday. Have high blood pressure, but that is under control now. I read that a lot of patients are doing the liquid diet thing, but they wanted me to eat just Protein and vegetables, no carbs, no sugars, no fat. I feel for you, but I know you can do it. I just came back from my second walk (am and pm) and I do not feel my toes anymore. Sofar I am doing ok with the diet, but feel guilty that so many can only have liquids. I weigh 231 now, was 250 in April and want to loose 100 lbs. I live in Belton TX, one hour from Austin and close to the biggist militairy base (Ft.Hood) Married 14 years (second) wonderful man, two daughters and two grandchildren. Did I mention 7 dogs and two cats? I have done antique shows for 8 years, but my weight made it harder for me to move. Did you get your protein supplements and Vitamins yet? Well I probably talked too much already, but it's nice to have found you. Keep on slimming. Yvette.

Gee, some of you have been married almost as long as I have! Wow. 34 years here..course, we'll have to see what tomorrow brings--just kidding. Yup, a lot of history there, why give up now, right? Nah, the guy's a gem. Italian, what more can I say? :eyebrows:

Hello I too am from MN, I had Sx in Fargo, and it went great. they have a great bariatric program at Meritcare. I was banded June 18, 2007. I have not had any fills yet...

I was just married on June 2nd, 2007 so I hope my marriage lasts as long as all of yours did!!

wow, quite a month for you--married and banded--a lot of exciting things in your life!! I have not been banded yet so I can't offer much there but, I do wish you many long happy years of marriage! Stay in touch =)

Thats not all either, I also opened my own pet grooming salon May 25th, and my husband & I bought an acreage this month, that has to totally be developed, we started making a driveway last week. So the sx was just a drop in the bucket, i figured I might as well get every stressfull thing imaginable done at the same time! ha ha

Hey all,:clap2:

This is my first post on this site. I am scheduled to be banded on 12 August. This is actually my second scheduled date. I fell and broke my arm and had to wait a month to be rescheduled. I have a mechanical heart valve and take coumadin so this makes the surgery a little more complicated than the norm. I will have to stay overnight after the surgery. I am really looking forward to making the life changes with the help of the banding. I was beginning to think I was the oldest one(58) on the site but I have noticed some other youngsters near my age.