Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Etiquette of posting in "[opposite sex] Only" forum?

@@cookies_queen

All I see is a little box so I'm gonna assume it's a smiley face or a love heart... :mellow:

It wasn't.

To be honest, I didn't think it was... :mellow:

I'm just a host here, but I'm fairly certain that threats are a direct violation of our rules and regulations. I'd rethink that behavior if I were you. ;)

It's funny how things come full circle. In the opening message I wrote that I'd skimmed the BP rules.

No fair. I decided to try multiquote again, but, again, I don't see how I'm supposed to go on to other people's posts that I want to comment on. Maybe multiquote is something other than I expect? Will a kind person 'splain to me? I'll be nice to you forever after. That's a promise.

@@VSGAnn2014, very funny on the photo. I don't know how long people have been referring to "duckface," but I feel slightly foolish to admit that I did that when I was much younger. I didn't exaggerate the lips as much, but enough so that I could delude myself into believing that I was sucking my cheeks in. Sucking one's stomach in is easier and less obvious, although not truly effective. Subterfuge, deceit, chicanery and smoke and mirrors aren't what they're cracked up to be.

Don't do it, it's a trick!! I almost lost my life going into the men's room. I'm pretty sure they made little flyers with my face on them as a form of public shaming and passed them around. Now if it's just eating you up inside to not know what's going on in the "forbidden" rooms here's what I want you to do....make a new profile with a he/she name such as Pat and then don't put your sex on there. Voila! Full access to any thing you like! If you find any juicy gossip in there make sure you come back out and fill me in! I have a warrant out for trespassing and lewd conduct so a I can't very well go in there myself. Make sure you take down screen names and whatnots so if I do find one of them out here I can make quirky little statements pertaining to them to keep them wondering about how I got said information. I promise I won't tell anyone I got my info from you. It will be our little secret. :);) You can do this Pat! Don't let me down!!!!

@@Elode I got that flyer in the mail! hahahhaha we are on alert always!

@@OKCPirate I would just like to say, if you would be so kind as to be my secret spy I would not keep you in time out any longer. I mean seriously! It's the only way you're going to live a meaningful life. Time out is kicking your a** right now.

@@Daveo I had no doubt, I thought about going "witness protection" but I decided against it. I like to live dangerously. I'm also a little perturbed about having that "topic-block" tattletale nonsense at the bottom of the page showing that I'm in the room! I'm not Elvis I don't need my entrance all advertised!!.....all up in my bis-nass

here's what I want you to do....make a new profile with a he/she name such as Pat and then don't put your sex on there. Voila! Full access to any thing you like! If you find any juicy gossip in there make sure you come back out and fill me in!

If you're suggesting that I be your Patsy, I'm not the one. Do you know how repetitious and blustering the material will be? I'd scream, i.e., post, at them to shape up.

This whole thread is hilarious! Good reading for breakfast!

I never noticed these gender exclusive rooms-----> off to snoop! ????????

Edited by TMG1980TMG

You click on multiquote in two or more posts, then a little button appears asking if you want to reply to both.

I'm just a host here, but I'm fairly certain that threats are a direct violation of our rules and regulations. I'd rethink that behavior if I were you. ;)

It's funny how things come full circle. In the opening message I wrote that I'd skimmed the BP rules.

No fair. I decided to try multiquote again, but, again, I don't see how I'm supposed to go on to other people's posts that I want to comment on. Maybe multiquote is something other than I expect? Will a kind person 'splain to me? I'll be nice to you forever after. That's a promise.

Last winter I wrote a post about accidentally invading the mens room in real life. I changed clothes into my skiing gear before I realized it!

Don't do it, it's a trick!! I almost lost my life going into the men's room. I'm pretty sure they made little flyers with my face on them as a form of public shaming and passed them around. Now if it's just eating you up inside to not know what's going on in the "forbidden" rooms here's what I want you to do....make a new profile with a he/she name such as Pat and then don't put your sex on there. Voila! Full access to any thing you like! If you find any juicy gossip in there make sure you come back out and fill me in! I have a warrant out for trespassing and lewd conduct so a I can't very well go in there myself. Make sure you take down screen names and whatnots so if I do find one of them out here I can make quirky little statements pertaining to them to keep them wondering about how I got said information. I promise I won't tell anyone I got my info from you. It will be our little secret. :);) You can do this Pat! Don't let me down!!!!

This whole thread is hilarious! Good reading for breakfast!

I never noticed these gender exclusive rooms-----> off to snoop!

So like a Michigander, a strong stomach for this Breakfast reading thanks to a lifetime of eating sour cherries. I shall refrain, however, from commenting on the possibility of a snoop gene.

You click on multiquote in two or more posts, then a little button appears asking if you want to reply to both.

Last winter I wrote a post about accidentally invading the mens room in real life. I changed clothes into my skiing gear before I realized it!

Have I done it? Eureka! thanks fo Cowgirl Jane.

I've liberated men's rooms many times in restaurants, concert halls (Carnegie Hall and/or the Metropolitan Opera included), bars, movie theaters. First, of course, I stop a man who's exiting to ask if anyone is inside. Then I'll have a friend stand guard or I'll turn and announce to men outside but near the door that I'm going in and for them to stop anyone until I come back out. Necessity is the mother of eggsiness. The public-bathroom situation is unbearable in populated venues. I, for one, would rather risk being a bit conspicuous than really-truly conspicuous and standing in a puddle.

I have used the mens room in places that are "one person" type restrooms... it is socially acceptable.

No, what I did was accidently go into a HUGE mens room at a ski resort - it was midweek so not crowded. I was super rushed, so went into a stall to use the facilities, and started changing. I started to notice that it was very very silent. Ladies rooms tend to be "chatty" - you know, families, kids women talking to each other etc. It was silent. Dead silent. I knew. I had to leave... so gathered all my possessions and walked by the several men who had silently entered while I was in the stall.

If you wanted a "Ladies Room Only" post, just post it with a title like:

"Is anyone else experiencing a heavy menstrual flow after surgery?"

You can write whatever you want in the post that is unrelated to this, and very few men would ever read it.

:)

Edited by 4MRB4PHOTO