Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let me recommend a clear Liquid Protein. This will make your overall healing go faster. Isopure will give you 20grams of Protein and can be purchased in a health food store. I am post-op 8 weeks and I am still drinking it for my protein needs. My dr recommends 60-80 grams of protein per day. I Water down my Isopure to also get in extra water during the day. Hope that helps. :car:

Hello !! I too was banded just 3 days ago. I keep telling myself the broth and Jello isn't forever, but I agree it's hard. My doctor had me on just broth and Water until today, now I can have "full liquids" which include Tomato Soup, slim fast, Protein Shakes, and other liquids with some substance. How are you feeling? I was in such pain the first two days, but it's getting a little better now.

Hi All,

Congrats to all! I havent had any itching as yet, I stil have the clear plastic tape on my incisions. I got banded 7/19 and yesterday I felt the need to chew. I have viactiv Multivitamin chocolate cherry flavor and I have to admit I took more than the prescribed two a day:D.

So far no real pain just a little soreness by the port.:D I glad you are all here this forum real helps alot.

P.S. how do you put the ticker on your signature?:help:

my dr had similar advice, although after first couple days i started liquid protien. seemed to help quite a bit. unfortunately i wasnt drinking enough fluids with the protien and became dehydrated. very sick feeling. drink drink drink. going back to work tomorrow, probably half day. getting out will hopefully keep me from thinking about solid food. i must admit, it is easier than i thought, given i know i cant eat even if i wanted to.

I didn't have the itching; I started using Vitamin E right away in hopes of reducing the scarring. Maybe that also helped with itching. I remember the lack of energy though. I really didn't have any pain from the surgery or port area, but it turns out that I was very constipated from the meds I was given. I hadn't gone for about 7 days. It turns out that I had an impacted bowel. Not pleasant. My physician recommended something called phosposoda sp? that worked wonders and got me back on track. If you're not making bowel movements, this might be something to look into. Barb

hi strawberry. i still havent had my surgery yet but i am really curious about some of the stuff you mentioned. like, how uncomfortable is it to sleep? ? i sleep on my side and on my tummy..will i have to start getting used to not sleeping in that position? and what is the best position?? i really have no one to ask about preparations and expectations so can you give me a hint?? i'd really appreciate it.

hi strawberry. i still havent had my surgery yet but i am really curious about some of the stuff you mentioned. like, how uncomfortable is it to sleep?? i sleep on my side and on my tummy..will i have to start getting used to not sleeping in that position? and what is the best position?? i really have no one to ask about preparations and expectations so can you give me a hint?? i'd really appreciate it.

I am 6 days post-op and also a belly sleeper. I am going to try and describe the position I am sleeping in. I prop up a bunch of pillows at the head of the bed, got as high up as I possible can, then I lift my left bum cheek and put a pillow under there and another pillow under my right arm. It is kinda how I slept on my tummy but in reverse and I am sleeping pretty well. Of course the gravol helps a LOT too. :)

Doxielover

Have you asked your doctor if you can have yogart or the yogart drink. Or even early thinned out cream of wheat. You can even liquify cottage cream with skim milk so it is Soup like.

Lisa,

I'm 3 weeks post-op and I've always been a belly sleeper. After about 10 days, I could sleep on my stomach without any pain at all. Good luck! John

I know exactly how everyone felt as I am 5 days post op & not really interested in work or doing anything. Have little energy & feel strange when I go out. I am thinking it is the difference in calories as I was not put on a pre-op diet. Up until last night there was very little to no gas pains. Then I got the shoulder pain & tons of gas pain today. Getting better with a heating pad & had to resume my pain meds along with Gas Strips. How long did it take everyone to be rid of the gas pains?:mad: I can't believe how much gas we have to get rid of!

I didn't experience much post-op gas pain except for when i tried a scrambled egg and got really sick after it. But that wasn't because of the egg, it was because my stomach had herniated and caused the band to slip. But from what I've heard, everyone is different as to when the gas pains are gone, but some people still experience them afterward because of something they ate, or eating too fast, etc. I think I only experienced gas pains on the first day post-op for the re-banding. Best of luck to everyone experiencing gas pains. If nothing is working, call your doctor or your surgeon.

Dear Strawberrygrl,

Congrats on making it to day 3. sleeping is what will heal. I couldn't sleep more than 3 hours at a time. I wanted to rent a recliner but that deal fell through, so if you were like me then it's the couch and bed and my incisions were sore. I took my fluffy down comforter and made a poufy pile and sat in the corner of my couch and kind of laid on my side while hugging the "pillow" I created, while sitting up -- actually laying down hurt too much. After 3 hours in the living room I would move to my bedroom and sleep sitting up on my bed cushion. Sleeping like this really did a number on my neck but by day 6 I could lay on my left side with cushioning on my port. If you can tolerate your loratab, keep taking that, it will help you sleep deeper. When I got hungry I would make egg drop Soup in hot chicken broth -- really tasted good! I also highly recommend Isopure Protein from the Vitamin Shoppe store.... it's the protein that you need to keep from getting hungry. Don't forget that sugar-free ice pops are the best summer treat. Hey, and congrats once again.

Hey Dutchgrl59-

I will be banded on Monday and bought some Isopure on the recommendation of my nutritionist. I bought the grape flavor, and I can barely get it down...it tastes gross to me. Are there any flavors you recommend other than grape, or do they all taste alike? It leaves a really nasty taste on my tongue.

Thanks!

Shleb: How did you know you had a slip? Did you have a particular type of pain?? Just curious. I hope your rebanding went well.