Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weight stuck 2 weeks out

My weight has not moved in 3 days despite the fact that I'm walking/running every night....now granted, I've lost 29 pounds in 2 weeks which is amazing, but everyone talks about a 3 week stall, not a 2 weeks stall. I"m sure it's my body recalibrating and I may be losing inches, but it just messes with your mind, you know?

@@Kgl24 - for most, this "recalculating" happens a lot...part of the process :D

you got this!

@ Appreciate the instant support. It makes me think that that the creamed Soup has too many calories, which is insanity considering that all I'm allowed is my Protein drinks (120 calories) and creamed Soup which is 200 calories. I need to cut myself some slack.....patience grasshopper.

I'm literally going through the same thing right now. My two weeks date was Wednesday, I've lost about 27lbs and been the same for a few days. But I can tell my clothes are looser and my stomach isn't as close to the steering wheel when I drive. I'm going to start weighing once a week (or at least try) it's hard lol. Good luck to you!!

Step away from the scale. Follow the instructions your were given. Get in all your Protein and Water. The weight loss will happen. Your body is readjusting to all the new changes and holding onto every single calorie. Once it figures out you aren't dying, the weight loss will continue.

I am 5 weeks out and the scale will go up and down 1 lb the past week. So this is a norm? Why? I can't get past 202-203. Does this happen in the months to come ahead?

@, I see that you are the same height as me and you had your surgery in May, 2015 (begiinning, middle or end of May) and have lost 63 lbs so far. Do you mind if I ask you what weight you started at? It seems like the heavier people are, the more they lose in less time. I'm just trying to see where I will be in in 4 months.

@@Whitney1968 surgery was 5/6. my HW was 282, but that was during my pre-op prepping doing the required nutrition classes that were one month a part and I had to do three. doctor has my start weight at 266. I have a lot of personal drama going on right now and I am definitely not focused on Water and Protein. my weight hasn't moved in almost two weeks. I am also five years older. I have a stall or very minimal loss about every three weeks, like a menstrual cycle :(

Stalls suck! Especially your first "Three Week (or Two) stall". You lose a shit load of weight and then BOOM. Your body slams on the brakes! It's just making adjustments after the large amount of weight lost. With this stall, you just do more of the same and ride it out. Happens to everyone.

You will probably have another at some point. Then another. And the scale will do the 1-2 pound "bounce" as described above. Our bodies are these wacky, wonderful, complex things that like to fluctuate weight wise. You'll get used to seeing it. You'll also be able to read whether it's a true stall or just wacky fluctuations. Subsequent stalls will have to be dealt with by doing adjustments with diet or excersise. You'll find this process isn't as simple as "calories in, calories out". We are complicated creatures!

@@Babbs I always look forward to your advice and input. From your profile, you had the surgery over a year ago so you have the knowledge from your own experience and have probably heard lots of input from others over the year. Thanks for sticking with us amateurs and keep the information coming :-)

I finally got past the stall which I know are part of the norm, but again.....I have all the information and education about stalls, I understand the rationalization, but still...stalls mess with your mind. The support here is WONDERFUL.