Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

09/29 Surgery at Dallas Medical Center with Dr Fox

Has anyone else had Surgery there or with Dr. Fox? Any information, advise, thoughts, reviews on any of these will be very much appreciated!

Dr. Fox did my band. I just had my band removed and sleeve surgery Aug 11 thru the Nicholson clinic. If I could go back I wouldn't have went thru Fox. He didn't seem to care about my struggles or weight loss. I love the Nicholson clinic. Check them out. I now have Dr. Carlton. He is amazing and his staff care!!

Edited by samskiles

Oh wow, thank you for the information!

It's Dallas Medical City for me.

I didn't have my surgery there,but I

stayed there after sever pain..

After surgery I was sent home but I was in to much pian for an out patient situation. Therfore, to the ER I went that's how I ended up at medical city Hospital. They are amazing !!!Great patients care. You are going to be fine.

Kaysunshine, thank you so much for the insight. That makes me feel MUCH better about the hospital choice. I'm very sorry you experienced so much pain :( That sounds horrid! There are no statistics on your profile, but i sincerely hope your weight is melting off, and that that is making up for some of that pain :)

Dr. Fox did my band. I just had my band removed and sleeve surgery Aug 11 thru the Nicholson clinic. If I could go back I wouldn't have went thru Fox. He didn't seem to care about my struggles or weight loss. I love the Nicholson clinic. Check them out. I now have Dr. Carlton. He is amazing and his staff care!!

My doctor is Dr. Carlton and I absolutely love him!! He isn't stuffy and uptight like a lot of doctors I've been to in the past. My surgery from band to sleeve was Monday and although I'm pretty sore , the whole experience has been perfect!!

How are you ladies doing now after the revision?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I had my sleeve with Dr. Fox on 9/23 and it went great. While in surgery he followed up with my family several times and he personally called me a couple of days later to check up on me. He answered all my questions before surgery and made sure I understood the whole procedure. He made my husband and I feel comfortable. My hubby wasn't very supportive about surgery but once he talked to Dr. Fox he was on board.

kriz

Edited by KrizYaz

Great. I was worried. How are you now? He is doing mine on the 10th

I am doing great! No pain! Getting all my liquids in and Protein. The only thing I didn't like is that he won't let you have anything until you get your xray done to make sure you don't have any leaks.

My surgery was 9/23 at 830am and the xray was done until 9/24 around 11am. He said no Water, no ice chips! Nothing!

& the other thing I liked with him is that I didn't have to be on an all liquid diet for two weeks before surgery.

kriz

Edited by KrizYaz

Did you stay in the hospital?

Did you stay in the hospital?

Yea, overnight. I was discharged on 9/24 around 4pm.

kriz

Dr. Fox is my surgeon also. I think he and his staff are very caring, knowledgeable and personable. Everything has gone well. And, I got ice chips between surgery and xray the next day.

His followup includes lots of questions and advice.

How was y'all pre op diet? What did y'all eat?