Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant and Banded...come join me!

Just had to share... I bought a pair of maternity jeans yesterday. OMG they are so comfortable! And I was thrilled that I fit in and looked OK in the 1x size at Motherhood. I have been terrified that I was going to look awful in maternity clothes or that I wouldn't be able to find any that I felt good in. I also got one of those tummy sleeves -- I'm hoping it will save me from having to buy more scrub pants.

What are tummy sleeves?

Just had to share... I bought a pair of maternity jeans yesterday. OMG they are so comfortable! And I was thrilled that I fit in and looked OK in the 1x size at Motherhood. I have been terrified that I was going to look awful in maternity clothes or that I wouldn't be able to find any that I felt good in. I also got one of those tummy sleeves -- I'm hoping it will save me from having to buy more scrub pants.

Don't you love that comfortable feeling you get once you finally amke it to maternity clothes??

I have out grown almost all of my maternity clothes and am looking for a mumuu to wear!!!!My friend bought me a gown last week when they admitted me into the hospital for 2 days and Ilove it! I pretty much live in it!!!!!!!

What are tummy sleeves?

A tummy sleeve is this wide stretchy band that pretty much covers your whole tummy. The idea is to hold up loose maternity pants (yeah right!) or to help hold up your regular pants if you are wearing them unbuttoned. I'm hoping it will also smooth out some of my lumps when I really bump out. I really wanted a Bella Band, but Motherhood had a knockoff for half the price.

Anybody else have REALLY bad back problems....like crippling back pain and stiffness??? I threw my back out this morning, and I had to miss a day of work because I couldnt even go to the bathroom without help this morning...Im going to go to the chiropractor either today or tomorrow, but this is the 3rd time or so during the pregnancy that my back has gotten REALLY bad, and this is the worst instance yet....even my mom feels sorry for me, and she has no sympathy for anyone lol!

I had to go to a chiropractor until I was 7 months and then she would not touchme after that. I hurt so bad, if I dropped something it stayed onthe floor until my husband got home. It has seemed to let up but still don't bend my or pick heavy stuff up. Try to limit picking up my daughter too which is hard.

I just got back from the doctor, They scheduled my c-section for Feb 27. I am so excited. So if my Water does not break that will be her birthday! I am so excited! Only 3 weeks to go!!!!

I got the green light to go to the chiropractor, but it was so late I cant go until tomorrow...which means I have to miss another freakin day of work!!! Im broke and need the money lol!! doesnt my body understand that?? congrats on the scheduled c-section,

congrats on your scheduled c section its getting fun now !!!!

what about candice ......waiting for news on arrival !!!

i have my second uti in past month so been feeling bluuuuuuuu and aching in my bladder feels like ive taken beaten down there only comfy in bath,,,im like a prune all the bathing im doing .....lol

spoke to doctor about my worry over continued weightloss and growth of baby the pressure immense as whole world giving me a hard time but i cant do alot about it i feel tight and restricted even though band unfilled ????

so anyway lovely doctor wrote me letter to take with me to doctors appointment on tuesday ,so im hoping i get scan to check baby size

and bloods to check out me !!!

typically my weight gone up a few pounds today so im relieved but hospital will now think im nuts.........lol

im so uncomfortable today tummy like a brick ,bladder and back aches would soo love to just lay down and sleep

wow Congratz Candice! I bet your excited!!!! A day before leap year baby! hehe..... Are you nervous? I do have a question about c-section.... how do you keep still when they insert the needle for epidural? I tried to get a tatooo once in that same spot, but I jerked so much the guy refused to do it, and I was left with a black dot. lol. Do you become paralyzed from jerking? Is there a secret? please tell me!!!

Jodie- sorry your back hurts so bad- I thought you got fired from your job cause they found out you was pregnant, or was that someone else?

Niki- UTI's are no fun! Drink cranberry juice! You say your band is tight- can you get anything down? Maybe its a slip? Hope you will be okay.

I bet Candice had that baby by now! I hope she is resting and feeling better! Poor girl!

How are you doing Dooney?

I hope everyone else will have a great weekend.... TGIF!!!!

~Raynie!

I got fired from my full-time, good job...now Im back substituting little HEATHENS! I swear, people do not raise their kids anymore!! Im scared half to death that Im going to run into some problems because just Wednesday I was walking into a building and walked right between to large boys as tall as me (Im a shorty lol)....trying to fight...I had to get myself and my class out of the way (well both boys were my students that day actually)....but I was really scared of getting punched in the stomach or knocked down....but I REALLY cant handle doing the little kids, they really rack my brains (that crap they do is only cute when they are family :tongue2:) I get so stressed out subbing, mainly because I dont want to be there most of the time...its easy, and atleast minimum wage...good hours...but I really dont like other people's kids....never have...but its the only place that will let me work right now....

BTW: I went to the chiropractor today...and I have a slipped disc or something in my lower back, and judging by the Dr's face and amount of pushing it was slipped WAY out...he said that when you get pretty far along then your body begins to lube up its joints and stuff and thats what caused it to slip....and I have to go back 3 times next week....but OOOOOOOooohhhh they put me on this massage rolling table for like 30 mins and I want one for personal use lol! I could sleep on that thing every night :drool: The baby liked it too because she has been REALLY active lately (which I have been thankful for), but after a few mins on the table she and I both were asleep lol...My back feels so much better, its still sore and achy, but the dr pulled out the "knife" that i swore was stabbed into my back....:blush: Im hoping to be more mobile this afternoon and tomorrow...I have to take it easy, but Im tired of this damn recliner lol

I am so excited about the c-section day! The epidural did not bother me the first time around. I was ok with it but needles have never bothered me. I just rouned out by back and hugged a pillow nad did not feel a thing. Isn't that weird? I do remember feeling the first needle that numbed me but that was like a sting. They always say like a bee sting but I have been stung by a bee and it hurt that did not!

Jodi- They told me I had a slipped disk too early in my pregnancy but I feel tons better now so I hope you start feeling better soon!!

I am so excited about the c-section day! The epidural did not bother me the first time around. I was ok with it but needles have never bothered me. I just rouned out by back and hugged a pillow nad did not feel a thing. Isn't that weird? I do remember feeling the first needle that numbed me but that was like a sting. They always say like a bee sting but I have been stung by a bee and it hurt that did not!

bex ive never had an epidural four babys with gas and air i know ive been lucky never had particularly rough births and they been quick praying same with this one but if i had c section would want to be awake so would do it ,im not adverse to any pain relief whatever helps ,im not very good at the crowning bit i squeal like a piggy .....the song ring of fire comes to mind and i often wondered if i had an epidural could i be a better at panting ...lol

but then again by that stage it nearly all over !!! im so excited for you

my back aching so much tonight i think that uti now a kidney infection but on the tabs so just have to wait for the healing to start :glare:

LOL I was signed up for an epidural in my fourth month...lol I made sure they knew I wanted one...I remember my best friend going into labor and refusing one, then changed her mind at the last minute...shes deathly afraid of needles, but she sure chocked it up for that :glare: I have to drive an hour to have my baby, so we have a plan, if we even THINK its labor we are going, we will rent a hotel if necessary....but Im getting the epidural, plus Im scared half to death of having the baby anywhere but the hospital....so we have a plan thank God....Hope we can stick to the plan haha

surprise pregnancy !

i had my lap band surgery in september of 2006, i was 240 lbs and by january i was 201 lbs to my surprise. in the time i was busy concentrating on my weight loss i received a big surprise i was pregnant! and the shocker was i was three months meaning two months after the surgery.

my biggest concern was the health of the baby and luckly everything went smooth through out my 9 months.

i tried to eat as healthy as i could because of my baby, every nutrient counted because of the short period after surgery.

i am happy to say i had a healthy baby boy and only managed to gain 20 pounds. Now six months later i have lost the 20 pounds i gained, but i am having difficulty losing weight because i dont take the time to feed myself with a new baby. so please dont get does bad habits after pregnancy.

the best advise i can give you is to enjoy every moment you are pregnant

it is a great feeling and more common than you think for us lap-band groupees. And the reward is worth all the sacrifices

i remeber my DOCTOR when he was giving a seminar and he mentioned that once you have the surgery you should take the neccesary pre-cautions to not conceive. little did we know ! ha ha

:thumbup:

pazz