Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Are Your Hobbies?

I have gone target shooting just 3 times in my whole life. First time was a gun safety class, second time was with a "friend" and it wasnt very fun about a year ago. I went just recently and had a good time and was not a bad shot. We were at a quarry and bought cheap soda by the can. It was fun to see them explode - was shooting a revolver that had 38s and a couple of 357 bullets - happened to hit the root beer with the big bullet and it was quite spectacular. It was fun, and the people there cheered me on since i was a beginner but doing pretty well.

I might want to explore that more as a hobby - it is nice to have a good variety of things to do...

I love to paint, draw and do crafts. I like to try a little bit of everything! Here are a few things from this past year:

A mixed media piece using crayola crayons, I think it looks like a dragon!

Some of my polymer clay fairies and houses.

My handpainted Christmas ornaments

Different bracelets I have made

My logo... a fluffy fairy - me- for Unique Designs by Fairee :D

A mermaid made from polymer clay and real shells

Face painting at the Buddy Walk for Down Syndrome

A pastel drawing of my Dad, who passed this past Feb.

If you want to see any other designs, visit my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/fairee529

I haven't done too much lately. I also love to read and swim

post-262649-0-89579900-1443020923_thumb.jpg

post-262649-0-70374400-1443021512_thumb.jpg

post-262649-0-59126200-1443021524_thumb.jpg

post-262649-0-42886900-1443021539_thumb.jpg

post-262649-0-02369400-1443021570_thumb.jpg

post-262649-0-36651400-1443021589_thumb.jpg

post-262649-0-19092100-1443021609_thumb.jpg

post-262649-0-51287800-1443021635_thumb.jpg

Shooting sports here, too. Trap, skeet, sporting clays. Target shooting.

Also, training and working my german shepherd.

043e64f2-dfa0-4706-b28e-19249b0b0945_zps

Oh and I play a lot of video games. PS4. Getting a PC in the next year or so.

As of this Friday I am officially retired. I love to China Paint but because of my busy schedule I have not been able to do so for a long time. Looking forward to get to paint once again. I am still fighting the urge of food for comfort. I sit behind a desk all day and cannot get up unless someone relieves me...now that I can move around and not be stuck behind a desk...I am hoping to conquer my battle with food.< /p>

Texaslady52, congratulations on your retirement ! Woo hoo !! Any other interests besides china painting ? Don't be shy about looking into hobbies that you normally wouldn't give a second look to. 10 years ago hubby took me golfing. Once, because it was booorrriiinnngggg !!!! Yawn. Snooze.......... so he just went without me. 6 weeks ago, while on vacation, we decided to try it again. A light bulb went on, im officially addicted, and guess what were doing tonight ?? So glad I tried something "different ! " I hope you find some healthy, fun hobbies too ! Good luck !!

Great topic for discussion as this was on my mind last weekend. I'd love to get some ideas!

I so enjoy cooking and entertaining. Ugh. I was frustrated last weekend as I realized I needed to focus my efforts elsewhere. I paint furniture and home furnishings and thought I'll just continue enjoying that. I am finding new projects to decorate/paint around my home for the days ahead!

(I am new and have no idea how to attach a pic or two for y'all. Sorry.)

Shooting sports here, too. Trap, *****, sporting clays. Target shooting.

Also, training and working my german shepherd.

043e64f2-dfa0-4706-b28e-19249b0b0945_zps

Oh and I play a lot of video games. PS4. Getting a PC in the next year or so.

Absolutely gorgeous animal.

I've always been a fan of the breed, but have always had smaller dogs. I'm hoping that may change as my new energy level will have me wanting to walk a dog every day.

With all this weight loss, im hoping to save up enough to pick up the necessary equipment for an Appleseed event sometime.

I have always been a craftster and shall continue to do so.

I make 3 dimension beaded items like musical boxes, clocks, lamps, purses, tissue boxes etc

Lately I have taken up coloring and making sequin art.

Once a week I play Michigan Rummy with the Ladies in the development I live in.

Come Monday I will be going back to the Gym with a friend.

I ride my tricycle and hope this summer to be able to go swimming.

I like keeping my brain and hands busy.

Tried to put a photo up of my crafts table but don't think it is showing correctly.

post-36061-0-70945600-1446423242_thumb.jpg

I just pulled out my crocheting and knitting. I decided to attempt to knit scarves for all the nieces and nephews. I'm not too sure they will be thrilled but it is giving me a goal to work toward.

I have gone target shooting just 3 times in my whole life. First time was a gun safety class, second time was with a "friend" and it wasnt very fun about a year ago. I went just recently and had a good time and was not a bad shot. We were at a quarry and bought cheap soda by the can. It was fun to see them explode - was shooting a revolver that had 38s and a couple of 357 bullets - happened to hit the root beer with the big bullet and it was quite spectacular. It was fun, and the people there cheered me on since i was a beginner but doing pretty well.

I might want to explore that more as a hobby - it is nice to have a good variety of things to do...

I am not a gun fan. I've been target shooting with a hand-gun once, and used to shoot rifles at summer camp. I was never very good at it and didn't really like it.

What I loved was archery. This post reminded me that my brother-in-law is a bow hunter. I wouldn't mind trying some target shooting with a bow in the near future. The only way I hunt is with a camera.

I already have a hobby which is crocheting and has provided a little side business so I can make some money on something I love doing!

http://scarvesbylori.tumblr.com

http://blanketsbylori.tumblr.com

I like to read!!

I like building with Legos with my kiddo!

I love to Crochet. ❤️❤️

Really any type of playing is fun. I do like to color, but kids books-- I would like to branch out into the adult coloring books!

Here is a scarf I made for my self last week and a Lego fort my son and I made yesterday. post-249589-14463090309295_thumb.jpg post-249589-14463090487923_thumb.jpg

Edited by TMG1980TMG

So far just reading. I'm only 2 weeks post op not quite ready for the gym yet.

Sent from my SM-G530T using the BariatricPal App

RC planes, cars, etc. I am addicted to making pretty much anything. If I had the means I would have a forge, a woodworking shop, a computer shop, a garage, a painting booth, a writing studio.

I have the attention span of a gnat on crank.