Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having surgery in Oct ?

Ugh!! (venting) Several months ago I was told I would be the first surgery of the day on 6 October. I have made plans accordingly. Making plans to get a hotel the night before since it was early. Letting my parents know they needed to make plans to get there early because of the time.

Today during my nurses interview I was told that time had changed. I called up my doctors office and they told me my surgery would not be until 2:45. "I said 2:45? That is a big change. Why?" They told me "the surgery ahead of you will take longer than expected."

Excuse me but there wasn't any surgery scheduled before me. How could a non existent surgery suddenly take longer?

Oh by the way WHEN WERE YOU GOING TO TELL ME!!!!

If this is the biggest bump in my road then I can deal with it but just needed to vent (vent over).

Thanks I needed that.

Yesterday I was walking out of work and this lady from the cube next to mine stopped me and said it sounded like I was having surgery. I explained what I was having and she explained that her daughter just had the sleeve surgery in December and had already lost 65 pounds. She started talking to me about how people don't really understand what you are going through. This lady really got it. She understood how I feel.

I just wanted to throw out a feel good story. I think I am blessed with the people I work around because although I do hear the occasional "and they gained it all back" most of what I get is very supportive.

Edited by 395Ron

If all goes well I'm looking at October 26th

Good luck to all of you having surgery in Oct. I remember those weeks leading up to surgery. Had mine 8 weeks ago but it already seems like a long time. You will all do great.

@@Laughingmyassoff2015 YAHOO!! another stress off the table :)

Welcome to the group@@Mildred Cox and @@sweettooth2015

Anyone else having weird thoughts? I am on the pre-op diet so I am not eating (normal food anyway). My wife has gone to bed and I walk by the kitchen and think "hmm if I were still eating I would go in there and make me a whole bunch of food and best of all she wouldn't know anything about it." I was sitting there planning a binge even though I wasn't eating. It makes me very scared to think like that. This surgery may be a tool but I have got so much work ahead of me!

First part of stress test done last Friday, Echocardiogram complete yesterday, and second part scheduled for tomorrow. I believe after that I will only have my abdomen sonogram left which is scheduled for 22 September.

I need to gather all my clothes that are too small for me now and organize them in sizes so it will be easier as I shrink to the new me but I don't think I will have time for that.

My pre op is October 1st

My pre op is too!! Getting anxious! Started my pre op diet, Off sugar, caffeine, now doing 2 shakes a day & 1 meal at noon.