Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having surgery in Oct ?

@@Laughingmyassoff2015 I am all of the above. I am tired from fighting the insurance company. Excited about the future and feeling good. I have a daughter in college and I can't wait to be able to visit her and walk the campus without have to sit down a dozen times to catch my breath!!! I am nervous about the commitment to change. I know I have the strength and willpower to do it but I also know that part of me will mourn food. Part of this journey for me has been a realization that I genuinely love food. All aspects of it. Unfortunately there are foods that are just not good for me and those are the ones I will miss. Also food is very central and social in our group of friends therefore it is going to impact our social circle as well. My husband is having the surgery shortly after I am and this is a very real issue that we have discussed in detail. And finally I am SCARED. I hate hate hate needles! Did I mention hate? Lol. And let's be real. There are quite a few needles in our immediate future! If they could do this without needles I think i would be golden!! Lol. How about you? How are you feeling? If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Children? Btw. My heaviest weight was 270. Current weight 261. And my height is 5'2". Will be 44 years old on Sunday.

I have surgery on October the 6th, really keen to talk and communicate with other's having surgery at the same time

@@edie091371 I'm 31. I have no children and no partner. I'm a "single, professional city girl", so my parents will be coming to help me out with stuff while I recover.

I feel all of the feelings. Not to plug myself, but I've been blogging about it at laughingmyassoff.squarespace.com and on social media, mainly Instagram. I am not at all worried about the surgical component. I'm worried about missing food and social opportunities because I can't eat and drink like I used. I'm also worried about complications and any malabsorption. And I'm tire of people asking me why I'm doing it when I've been losing weight from working out.

My HW was 360. CW 329 "GW" 190. I'm 6'1".

@@Laughingmyassoff2015 .....I read you blog! Impressive! I can see where being able to express your feelings must be very therapeutic. That is something I might consider. Unfortunately I am a manager at a busy spa and it seems at times like my life is not my own. I am seriously thinking of making a few changes career wise.

I also am going to my parents to recover. My husband is awesome but has to work and my mom has offered to baby me for that first week . I would be crazy not to accept! Then my daughter is coming in for the long weekend afterwards to babysit me...lol.

I believe my biggest complaint (aside from the insurance fight) in this journey has been the negative responses to my choice to have surgery. It seems like people feel I have green lighted them to tell me every bad thing they have heard! I finally have spoken up and started stopping them in their tracks. I choose to only focus on the positive effect this is going to have on my life. I could care less about saggy skin if it means I will walk without pain!!

@@edie091371, That is so true it seems, people can't wait to get to my office or call me to theirs to tell me the latest WLS horror story. It really gets my goat that I work with a bunch of what CLAIM to be medical professionals and yet practice such unprofessional tactics. Myself, like you have decided the only way I was going to be able to go forward with this was to focus on the good that will come out of this surgery. I constantly have DOCTORS stopping by my desk to tell me it's not too late to cancel until they put me under. Why do they care, I ask?? This is my decision and it's not like there aren't a dozen nurses out there waiting and wanting my job so their life will go on regardless of what happens to mine. It is very frustrating ESPECIALLY when their opinions are not asked for. That's why I come to this site to focus on one's like myself, because in reality we are the ONLY ones that understand what a big deal this is. We are the only ones that realize this is not the easy way out but a courageous decision to do for ourself what so many take for granted. I am so excited to finally be a part of the official October surgery thread. Can't believe after this long road I finally am a part of MY MONTH!! Congratulations to all of us and wishing us the best going forward!

Thank you for reading my blog! Fortunately, I write a lot for my job so that gives me some time to work on it.

I 100% agree with you. Every person has some horror story that they feel the need to share with me and it's terrifying! So for now, I'm trying to focus on the positives of a healthier and more active life!

I have surgery on October the 6th, really keen to talk and communicate with other's having surgery at the same time

Mine is October 6th also!

@@edie091371 Nervous not so much , obsessive absolutely. Yes I am watching youtube videos nonstop as well. Currently working through all of the Lesstolove videos. I am more worried about NOT getting dumping from sugar AND fat. Of course after surgery it wouldn't surprise me if I complained about that after surgery.

That is awesome that both of you will be having surgery.

@@Laughingmyassoff2015 do you mind sharing your blogging. I would be interested for sure. Ok I see you already did cool (laughingmyassoff.squarespace.com) I will be going there after I finish the lesstolove videos.

@@kellyrit cool another for 6 October. Where are you having your surgery?

I love seeing all the October surgeries.

As I have said I am already on the pro-op diet. I went to the doctor and they weighed me. In 4 days I lost 10 pounds. The hardest thing I find at the moment is not to jump on the scale daily. I have decided that I would like to only weigh myself once a week. For me that will be Sunday morning. After surgery this will really become hard because I will be losing so much weight daily. I would like not to get caught up in the daily emotional up and downs.

Share away! I love for people to read and comment and share their experiences. I'm not in any physical support groups or meetings so forums and social media are my outlet!

Now I have more reasons to Celebrate when I get down to 350 pounds. Thursday I was trying to get my Cardiac clearance. He wanted me to do a stress test and echocardiogram. He informed me that because there treadmill can only handle 350 pounds and below that I would have to be injected instead.

Friday I went in for the first day of the stress test and the echocardiogram but they told me when I checked in that they would not be able to perform the echocardiogram because...wait for it...there tables only handle up to 350 pounds. So now I once again have to go to the hospital for this as well.

I do hope this surgery is a success because then I can start dreaming again. I don't know what I want to do when I lose the weight because I have failed at keeping the weight off so many times that I can't even dream about it. It sounds weird to say that but it is how I feel. I am working on losing the same 35 pounds I have lost numerous other times only to gain it back and more.

I told my wife that I lost 10 pounds in 4 days from the pre-op diet and she said she wanted to lose that much weight at one time. I told her she could. All she needed to do was increase her weight to 400 pounds and she too could have a chance to lose that much weight. She didn't like that idea.

"I do hope this surgery is a success because then I can start dreaming again"

- That is SO beautiful and SO true!