Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a gift for many of you...

Many people posting on here appear to need this. I have plenty, so I will share with anyone who needs it!

"

"

There. It's a big chunk of spaces and line breaks! You can use these to end paragraphs, begin new sentences and even change the thoughts you are trying to communicate!

But wait! There's more! Take advantage of this one time offer and I will throw in the complete set of standard English punctuation!

, . ? ! & ( ) : " ; '

And if you order in the next 5 minutes, I will show you how to disable the CAPS LOCK KEY!

All joking aside, I realize this is a web forum and it is meant to be more casual and laid back, but if you put just a little effort into making your posts easier to read, you will not only get more replies to your threads, you will most likely get better replies as well.

Edited by BigViffer

As an added feature, how about an explanation of the difference between "lose" and "loose?"

cloths and clothes

weight and wait

I hope the people reading this know how difficult it is to just keep reading one long sentence it hurts my eyes and so I have stopped reading them which is a shame as they might have something worth saying but on the other hand maybe they don't please give them some full stops @BigViffer

Ta.

This is fun!

Well, their must be a way to stop this maddness.

I mean if people only reed there posts the world wood be a better place.

Write?

Oh, it's this thread again!

Be careful there, bud. People don't take too kindly to asking them to use proper punctuation and grammar 'round these parts.

Just playing the devil's advocate here....

This is an equalizing tool/board⭐️ Although we may know your weight or size.... Lots of us do not know how young or old ....skin color, choice of religion, gender identified( that one is mostly easy) educated or self taught, etc.

I do recognize profiles have some info, but I use a smartphone and don't see that description.

My point is everyone gets a place at the table (ha) and we hear a wonderful array of responses... From utter compliance to blatent disregard of this opportunity and it's rules.

Even grammar deficient folks get their say. (A big red pen to cross out typos ?)

food for thought

I say cut them some slack. Not everybody is good at everything, some people are good at math, but have poor writing skills. Another may remember historical facts very well, but struggle with spelling, punctuation, etc. On this board, a persons poor writing skills might be pretty obvious, but what you're not seeing are that persons other skills, important things like kindness, a giving heart, good manners, positive attitude and willingness to help others. Just sayin '.

@@_Kate_ That was painful! I skip over posts with no punctuation too because they're too difficult to read. I sometimes skip big blocks of text too. They're too difficult to scan.

I am forgiving of typos, spelling errors etc but I too skip posts that are huge unpuntuated blocks because my brain can't easily read them.

When I first started using this forum (it's predecessor actually) most of us posted from a computer. Now most of us post from a phone or tablet and it has changed the nature of the dialog.

If you LOSE weight, you will have LOOSE skin. There's the difference.

I don't judge, just cringe. It is difficult (for us old-timers at least) to type on a mobile device, so the run-ons and short hand don't bug me too much. :)

I can forgive spelling errors for the most parts, just because I understand the prevalence of mobile devices. I can also forgive grammar problems with people that English is a second language. So the examples of lose/loose and there/they're/their I can chalk up to autocorrect or translation problems.

However, when someone post a paragraph that I have to read several times, then check to make sure they are from US, then read again and I still don't understand it; I just close the tab. I imagine the spell checker on their computers and/or mobile devices are just like, "I got nothing dude. WTF are you trying to say?!"