Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a gift for many of you...

I say give people a break and if you don't feel like reading a long run on post, Don't!

There are some of us on here that try to read every post because if someone is reaching out they likely need help.

To someone else's point you have no idea of how they are posting nor their level of education and more importantly it should not matter.

They need help! I for one will continue to read every post that I can and help where I can.

LOL!

This thread again.

The OP's complaint is a perpetual complaint.

Always will be.

You can't fix the Internet.

Believe me, I know. I've tried.

Great answers

Seems we can forgive lots of typos and grammar problems etc.

Me..the only issue I have is I just can't read a page long monologue with no stops. It probably has some valid points. But I find it confusing when posters think they are writing a short novel and pour out many concepts seemingly unrelated.

Just me... I skip the diatribes ....

Adore all the different approaches and ideas though!!

@@pink dahlia Amen!!! omg yes I used 3 letters for a phrase!! Who cares about spelling and punctuation on a site where peoples lives are literally on the line. MAJOR LIFE CHANGES, we are here to support everyone, including people who are not educated. Shame Shame on you all.

@@pink dahlia Amen!!! omg yes I used 3 letters for a phrase!! Who cares about spelling and punctuation on a site where peoples lives are literally on the line. MAJOR LIFE CHANGES, we are here to support everyone, including people who are not educated. Shame Shame on you all.

Jeez, lighten up. It's a message board, not the E.R.

I guess I can't relate to the being judged part. I can't think of a time when someone else's opinion mattered to me. Especially in regards to my appearance. Even at my biggest, I can't recall being mocked. Then again, since I don't really care what others thought, I could have just missed it.

Many people are here for support, I get that, but I'm not. I'm here for information. And amid all the cruft that gets posted, you can actually find some pretty good information. But no one on here can support everyone else on the forum. If that were true, there wouldn't be people that agree with me and no one would think this thread was something to be ashamed of. Since some people think that we should support everyone, why aren't you supporting me?

Don't worry, I'm not serious. Just pointing out an observation. Here's what I'll do. I'll find all the threads that are excellent examples of grammar and spelling holocausts and you guys can then go support them and answer their questions.

While I don't agree with some comments (specifically ones that refer to spelling and grammar mistakes) I don't think the intention of the original post was sarcastic. To me it's just pointing out the obvious - if you turn for people for help/ support/ information, pay a little attention to how you do it. You might want to make it easier for them.

Also, I don't think you need to be a native (I'm not) or educated to understand the difficulty of getting through someone else's stream of consciousness.

@@BigViffer

See? Told you people don't take too kindly to being asked to use proper grammar. There was a huge thread several months back about this very same subject.

The horror!

@@BigViffer

I can usually get through punctuation mistakes, I certainly make enough of them. I sometimes get derailed and have to reread when I have to figure if the poster really meant "their", "there" or "they're". Pet peeves are using "your" and "you're" as the same word, "to" and "too" are also minor offenders but usually flow without much mental note.

I feel ya!

It's a mental exercise and keeps you sharp if you pick up on everything like that. It's too easy to go with the flow and begin to use text-speak or other forms of slang.

Most I see here are pretty nice though. Glad you're here too. :-)

Seriously, there is nothing better to talk about, than judging someone's grammar?

If you can't be bothered to read a post because it is not pleasing to your eyes. Divert your eyes to something else. pfft.

People dying everywhere. The world is collapsing around us, but don't you dare spell a word wrong!

How nice it must be, to be perfect.

Seriously, there is nothing better to talk about, than judging someone's grammar?

If you can't be bothered to read a post because it is not pleasing to your eyes. Divert your eyes to something else. pfft.

People dying everywhere. The world is collapsing around us, but don't you dare spell a word wrong!

How nice it must be, to be perfect.

Have you not read any other topics in the Rants section of this forum? Most of them are pedantic. And in regards to the posts that I cannot decipher I do exactly what you say, I close the thread and divert mine eyes onto something else.

As for the people dying and the world collapsing around us; if some of the people on this forum have a difficult time with spelling and grammar, do you really thing I can have a conversation with them about the pros/cons of humanitarianism and the differences between competing political ideologies?

I'm sure it must be nice to be perfect, but I wouldn't know. I don't think I am perfect, I just know that I am better than many. And I also don't get self righteous on forums either.

All joking aside, I realize this is a web forum and it is meant to be more casual and laid back, but if you put just a little effort into making your posts easier to read, you will not only get more replies to your threads, you will most likely get better replies as well.

Just to reiterate and emphasize, allow me to quote the original posting. I clearly state that everything I said was a joke. Since many here did not get that, allow me to show the definition:

A joke is something spoken, written, or done with humorous intention

Now, after I clearly said that it was a joke, I even gave some advice for anyone who was willing to heed it for perhaps better answers or at least more answers. The people who seem to be offended by this apparently missed the humor or may have even thought I was referencing them. I do not know.

So, to put a band-aid on this ouchie, I'm sorry if my joke offended you or if you felt it belittled you. Now this is the part where we all come together in a group hug and feel better because we all came out winners in the end.