Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In the first few days of my new life...

I had my sleeve done on 8/12/15. I had very little post-op pain in the hospital, but I'm pretty sure they were johnny on the spot with my pain medications. I also warned them ahead of time that I usually am extremely nauseated and vomit after anesthesia, none of that this time! The worst part of the experience so far has been how tired I was in the hospital---no rest there! I have been home for 4 days now, and am dealing with the "head hunger" I was warned about on this site. I am not getting in my recommended fluids, although I am trying like mad. I have not cheated for the fear of damaging the sleeve. I still feel fatigued, but nothing like in the hospital. The whole thing still remains a dream to me. It seems so weird that this will change my life. I have the incisions to prove to myself that it was done, but my brain hasn't accepted the reality yet. I am super excited for the future me to bloom!

My husband and kids have been a great support system these past few days, as have my friends. Some family still thinks I made a HUGE mistake, but it was MY mistake to make, if indeed it is one.

I will be reading all of your posts for support in this clear liquid stage....already can't wait to get to pureed foods, but you won't hear THIS girl complaining!

Thanks for all the support so far and to come. :)

Heather

I had my surgery on the same day. Head hunger started today lol due to commercials etc. lol I didn't have much pain in the hospital . With me it's a mental fight. And worrying about what could happen leaks, clots etc. can't wait for the worrying to stop so I can feel better emotionally.. The buyers remorse sucks. Lol I'm told it passes once I can eat again????????

Sleeved the same day. I can't tell the difference at certain times between head hunger and hunger. I can ignore the images but I was making my son chicken and I believe I had real hunger. I don't know. It seems all unreal. And yet I can't wait to have food. I'm starting to hate whey Protein. Tomorrow I can have some strained Soup which is exciting! Good luck to you both!!!

I was sleeved on the same day too and am counting the days until I can eat real food! 10 days and counting... I still have pain on one side when getting up from a seated position, or lying down. I have been sleeping on the couch bc it is easier to get up and a little more comfy. I have reached my Protein goal via shakes each day, and come really close to my liquid goal. I feel I need a little variety.. Shakes are getting old quick.

I definitely had real hunger last night, so I finished the rest of my shake and was fine.

My only thing is I feel like I am in a fog. Almost weak/light headed. I think my body is trying to get used to not consuming enough calories! Anyone else? Seems we should all stick together! ????

I agree sticking together is a great idea .. I would enjoy that's since we were sleeved in the same day. I haven't had to endure Protein yet I can't understand why though . My dietician said they are to high in calories which is weird I've seen some that are low in calories... Idk .. Any way I sill have 13 days 11 days till my 2 week appointment which is when I can have real food again I'm hungry a lot might be head hunger I just keep in mind that soon I will be able to eat.

Do any of you know how long it takes for the incisions to heal overall?

We should start a group either here or on FB for August sleevers.

Do any of you know how long it takes for the incisions to heal overall?

We should start a group either here or on FB for August sleevers.

. Not sure but I feel once they do I should be better lol or feel a little better they have a few August threads .. I can never get any answers though lol.

It's nice to know I'm not alone. I am not sure about how long the incisions take to heal. I have my one week follow up with the surgeon on Wednesday. I can't wait for real food either. I am definitely able to tell the difference between head hunger and real hunger....head hunger goes away if I am distracted...thank goodness! I am down 8 lbs since surgery...how much are you guys losing?

It's nice to know I'm not alone. I am not sure about how long the incisions take to heal. I have my one week follow up with the surgeon on Wednesday. I can't wait for real food either. I am definitely able to tell the difference between head hunger and real hunger....head hunger goes away if I am distracted...thank goodness! I am down 8 lbs since surgery...how much are you guys losing?

not sure I haven't weighed myself since before surgery

My follow up is tomorrow. I have lost 4lbs since surgery. It took a while to get the extra 6/7lbs that I gained from IV fluids off. I had cream of chicken Soup today. I had a hard time figuring out when I was full. And if it was up to me, I would live off of that rather than Protein Shakes. But there was no Protein in it and I realized by 4pm today I had no protein. I don't think I can meet my protein requirement today. I'm trying to get 30 grams in at least.

My follow up is tomorrow. I have lost 4lbs since surgery. It took a while to get the extra 6/7lbs that I gained from IV fluids off. I had cream of chicken Soup today. I had a hard time figuring out when I was full. And if it was up to me, I would live off of that rather than Protein Shakes. But there was no Protein in it and I realized by 4pm today I had no protein. I don't think I can meet my protein requirement today. I'm trying to get 30 grams in at least.

4 pounds is awesome my doc said protein in take right now is going to be hard but stay hydrated

Do any of you immediately burp after taking a sip of any Fluid? I'm going to ask the doc. One sip of Water followed by three burps. Lol.

I do all the time it's because we are swallowing air

Yes!!! So annoying! Some of them are a little painful too. I have my post op appt tomorrow with my doc. Going to ask her if I can add some PB2 to my shakes for a little extra flavor. I also think I may add some broth.. It is so hard to not eat when cooking for my boys and hubby!

I had surgery the day before everyone here: August 11th. I have been drinking Water and Protein shakes. Today I added broth and SF Jello. I have gone between feeling "hungry" and deprived to fulling very full from a couple of baby spoonfuls of Jello or an ounce of broth or Protein shake. I have yet to meet my daily Protein or liquid requirements.

I am glad to find others who have just had the surgery, as I swing from "I can do this!" to "Why did I do this?"