Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scheduled for September 10th!

Hi everyone I have been viewing all the posts on here for a couple months. So after I was given my surgery date I thought it was a great time to jump in the conversations.

I live in Hampton Roads Virginia and Dr Anthony Terracina will be doing my surgery. I will be 49 in December and am overjoyed with the possibilities of turning 50 with a healthier happier mind and body.

At this point the only feeling I have is of excitement and almost a feeling of giddiness. I am actually starting to think that maybe I should feel scared or nervous or something other then excited. Idk what to think… .. I had to go through 12 months of counseling with a nurse as part of my Anthem BCBS insurance before the Dr could even submit for pre approval so I have been on this track a year and kinda feel like this was the reward. What do others think, has it just not hit me yet, is there anyone else who had to go through a long process that just prepared you without hesitation?

Congratulations on your surgery approval and date!! Your journey seems a bit longer than most but you have made it and in 4 weeks you will be on a new path to health!

I also got my surgery date today...it will be September 8 pending all goes well with my consent signing with the dr and all pre-ops are fine!!!! Im so excited! I had to do 3 months supervised weigh ins with the NP and nutritionist visits, a psych eval, gallbladder us, upper gi series, and some documentation that I have had an ongoing weight problem!!!

50 will be fabulous on you!!!!! Good luck on your continued journey!

Hi everyone I have been viewing all the posts on here for a couple months. So after I was given my surgery date I thought it was a great time to jump in the conversations.

I live in Hampton Roads Virginia and Dr Anthony Terracina will be doing my surgery. I will be 49 in December and am overjoyed with the possibilities of turning 50 with a healthier happier mind and body.

At this point the only feeling I have is of excitement and almost a feeling of giddiness. I am actually starting to think that maybe I should feel scared or nervous or something other then excited. Idk what to think… .. I had to go through 12 months of counseling with a nurse as part of my Anthem BCBS insurance before the Dr could even submit for pre approval so I have been on this track a year and kinda feel like this was the reward. What do others think, has it just not hit me yet, is there anyone else who had to go through a long process that just prepared you without hesitation?

My surgery is also September 10! I am so excited.

My surgery's scheduled for September 2. I was nervous for the two months it's taken to get all my paperwork, tests, visits done, but as soon as I got my surgery date this week, I've just been excited! My hubby is super supportive and excited for me, i think because he's hoping he'll lose a little weight as I lose. Have any of you found your spouse or family losing along with you?

Hi All :) I am Sheryl from MA. My surgery date is Sept. 1. I just found this ap today and am so excited to be able to communicate with people on the same journey ! I too had to be in a program for 1 year due to my insurance requirements. It actually took 14 months to FINALLY get the approval I needed in my program to meet with the surgeon and now things are moving quickly. Next week I have Pre- admin testing as well as Nutrition class ......I AM very excited and happy I am having surgery soon....but it still isn't feeling real to me. I have learned so much in this 1 year + of preparation for surgery and have made and continue to make the changes needed :) I AM READY. I guess I just feel I have been jumping through hoops to get to where I am , I am SO CLOSE to getting surgery now but nervous something will happen to make it not happen for me......maybe my insurance won't approve my surgery (though I have been told if my insurance has approved all my appointments thus far it is HIGHLY unlikely I would not get approved) , I also owe a lot $ for medical bills and having a hard time keeping up payments so I worry they could not approve me for that reason :/ , or test results not be where the drs want them to be :/ .....Yes ! I am a worrier :/ lol But believe it or not I am doing very well to not obsess and just let things happen atleast :) I just can't help but have those worries in the back of my mind......so right now I guess I am feeling surgery is SO close yet so far. But staying POSITIVE :)