Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another year alone

Still haven't seen it, I know it's on video now though. I need to though because I can't remember the original one and need to watch that too. lol

K you watch it and then tell me how it is! Lol

Topic switch for a min....what exercises or.physical activity have you found the best and most enjoyable that has helped you lose weight since surgery? I have never been athletic or gotten a high from exercising, but I am working on physical activity being part of my normal routine. I get bored easily. If my body moved like my mind does, I d be a string bean. But alas, I am trying to embrace sweat and all that.

lol, I will have to get back to you about the exercise as well. I haven't been exercising yet and I am really wanting to join a gym but just haven't done it. I'm going at the end of the month to visit my friend in AZ and we are going on a hike. This will be my first hike so maybe it will jump start my exercise. I'm also supposed to have a personal training session with a trainer if they have time. We shall see! Are you doing anything for exercise?

lol, I will have to get back to you about the exercise as well. I haven't been exercising yet and I am really wanting to join a gym but just haven't done it. I'm going at the end of the month to visit my friend in AZ and we are going on a hike. This will be my first hike so maybe it will jump start my exercise. I'm also supposed to have a personal training session with a trainer if they have time. We shall see! Are you doing anything for exercise?

Well I walk 1.4 miles to work and then home every work day. That really helps! I work at a hospital and they have a free gym for employees, nothing big but it's enough. I do the arc trainer there....kind of like a stepper/walker. About to do my weights, as well as get into a little yoga. I really like the PiYo program from Beachbody, but i have to look for my dvds. It's a mix of yoga and Pilates and is a great, customizable workout.

Hiking is a lot of fun, just take enough Water and don't do anything too strenuous your first time. If you're just getting started, my suggestion is start walking. Do some workouts that are strength based using your own body weight. The only reason I keep going to the gym is.because it's at work so I have no excuses. I was terrible when it came to getting out of house and going to a gym....but that's just me. It's incredible that you lost so much just with changing your food and intake from surgery! You will get down below 300 fast once you take it to the next level. I'm excited for you!

Come to PA and we can motivate each other and sweat it out! Lol

That is my problem, I just can't get out of the routine of home and work. That is great you got a gym you can use at work. We had that at my old job but it was before I had WLS. Wish I had that still so it would make me work out. Yeah I'm gonna start slow. There is a pool at my house but with work I just haven't used it. As hot as it is supposed to get this weekend though I think I am going to get in it.

Haha I haven't been to PA since I was a kid! I still remember the blast of humidity I felt walking out of the airport! definitely an easy place to sweat it out! I used to visit my uncle in Pittsburgh. What part are you from?

I went to school and lived out in PGH for a little! But I am Lancaster county and live in Lancaster city. It's about an hour and a half west of Philly.

I hate the humidity! Makes my hair all crazy and I sweat like no one's business. Hard to look presentable!

You should definitely start using the pool. Water fitness is excellent for losing weight and building or toning muscles! You could also get some hand weights and go on YouTube for workouts you can do at home. Once you find something you like, or dislike the least, it gets a bit easier, I.think. it's just a matter of making it a habit, which I am still working on. I might always be working on it lol. I know what I don't like, though- a lot of.jumping around! Everything bounces,including my brain. Nope, not for me.

Keep in mind that, for many of us, obesity was a wall behind which we hid from others and ourselves.

Weight loss can make you feel VERY vulnerable and exposed while at the same time revealing all of our best attributes both inside and out. Be prepared to be surprised and delighted at how kind people can be but move forward with awareness.

Most importantly, remember to be very kind and gentle with yourself!

I went to school and lived out in PGH for a little! But I am Lancaster county and live in Lancaster city. It's about an hour and a half west of Philly.

I hate the humidity! Makes my hair all crazy and I sweat like no one's business. Hard to look presentable!

You should definitely start using the pool. Water fitness is excellent for losing weight and building or toning muscles! You could also get some hand weights and go on YouTube for workouts you can do at home. Once you find something you like, or dislike the least, it gets a bit easier, I.think. it's just a matter of making it a habit, which I am still working on. I might always be working on it lol. I know what I don't like, though- a lot of.jumping around! Everything bounces,including my brain. Nope, not for me.

I would echo what she said about the pool. My journey back to health began with going to the pool in a nearby town. At first, I was embarrassed to show my body in a swim suit, but now even 85 pounds over goal weight, don't even think about it. I got much more flexible and did not hurt my joints like is possible with non-water exercise. I had a PT prescribe Water exercises to strengthen my core muscles and add flexibility. I also now do deep water workouts with large foam weights to increase resistance, and now with 85# gone, swim laps as well. There are at least six very large guys using the pool now, we have taken over!

Doesent bariatric pal have a singles forum they just started maybe you will have luck there..

I agree with everyone above. Get in the pool! Just don't forget the sunscreen. The benefit/drawback to using the pool at your apartment is that it gives you a chance to meet your neighbors. Don't be afraid to chat with whomever you meet there, just don't be afraid to take care of yourself and get your exercising in. It MAY give you a chance to practice setting boundaries, depending on who you may meet there. It will be an adventure.

If the sun is too strong then see if you can find an indoor pool (the Y, a gym, a college or university, or even a hotel, might be an option).

I love going to movies, too but haven't been in a while. Years ago I belonged to a film group that was fun. It was a great way to meet folks. I don't know if folks do that sort of thing anymore where you live, but you might see if there is something on meetup. (I am one of those people who is perfectly happy going by myself...)

Doesent bariatric pal have a singles forum they just started maybe you will have luck there..

This is in the singles forum.
sorry I just looked at untead items.

@@Niki15 Sadly not seeing any ladies in Nevada area on here. Guess I'll have to broaden my search to other states. lol

It's supposed to be 110 tomorrow which is my day off so that pool just might see me in it.