Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share with us: What has improved for you?

I joke that my bra size has gone from a 48DDD to a 38/40 Loooooong!!!!!

In reality it is still a DD---band size has changed drastically, not so with cup size....

Kat

I will be banded in 6 days, and I just have to say that everyone here is such an inspiration, I pray that I will have the strength and endurance and discipline that you have shown!

And I cant wait to add my own list in a couple of months!!!!

Jill

After having my second child, I found that I couldn't lay down in bed for more than a few hours at a time. I have been sleeping most nights in a chair for almost 6 years now. If I slept in a bed, I would wake up unable to function for the first half of the day because of back pain. Well, for two weeks, I have been sleeping in my bed ALL NIGHT LONG!!! PAIN FREE!!!! I never thought I would get there! WOO HOOO!!!!!

I can comfortably relax in a regular size (not garden size) bathtub! Which is great since my personal trainer thinks I need to suffer ;)

I remember looking at this thread back in the summer before my surgery and being so motivated by it. Well now I am three months post op and I've lost just over 50 lbs. I never thought losing 50 pounds would make such a difference. I can't believe how much better I feel. Physically and mentally. Besides having so much more energy, I feel like a huge mental load has been lifted. I am no longer constantly disgusted with myself for not doing something about my weight. I feel good about my future. I believe that I really will make it to goal this time and I believe that I won't gain the weight back this time. This is a great thread. Let's hear from some more of you about how things have changed.

Sweating. I don't sweat as much and the heat doesn't torment me as much. This is a real big improvement in my life.

I LOVE this thread!!!

So many...

No more insulin.

Can walk up steps without taking breaks to catch my breath.

My hips and joints don't hurt any more.

Wear stylish clothes WITH belts and tucked in.

Look 10 years younger.

Know I will live longer and healthier.

Have gained self-confidence.

Competed, modeled in front of a crowd and judges and WON a beauty pageant.

Started having dreams again because now I believe I can do anything I put my mind to.

Actually look forward to dressing up and going out.

Cross my legs.

Happy to order a kid's meal.

Can finally eye up a plate and know how much will be enough.

Have a willingness to exercise (most of the time).

This is a great thread. I have only lost 31 lbs since pre/post op but o my goodness I feel better already. Can anyone say bend over and pick something up without passing out! Yes I can do it and breathe.

Yes, the extra energy is great: walking, running, doing things around the house. Just amazing how much more I can do now. It's live being born all over again.

Because I am a 42B (kindof a contradiction in terms....) I can't find bras in a regular store. They go up to 40 and then everything over that is like a C, D or DD. What...fat people can't have smaller boobs? Once I get down to a 40 (the fat under my arms is not melting away particularly fast right now) I'll be able to get into a regular intimates department, but right now it is fruitless.
I've got a friend who is a 38 double A. She can't get a bra in that size. I have absolutely no idea what size I am. Buying a bra is going to be a challenge.

Try Target. I know it's not glamorous. But I had resigned myself to wearing a bra that was too tight for me on the band until I really started LOOKING for something bigger. I found my size - 42AA - at Target. They are cute bras - I like them. I look forward to when I can get a smaller band size.

this is a great idea ...

Let me see good to think about

1. Im down almost 45 lbs in less than 5 months

2. I quit smoking ( prior to surgery but for surgery )

3. I no longer drink a 6 pack of sodas a day

4. I have more energy

5. Walked a mile around the block and My son gave out before I did on Halloween .

6 . I enjoy going clothes shopping

7 , I can shop in "Normal" size stores now

8. my hips and back do not hurt anymore

9. I am no longer hot all the time , im actually COLD LOL

I think that's all i can think of

Mindy

I just filled two lawn and leaf bags with clothes that are too big and that was from just one side of my closet . They're going to Goodwill tomorrow. There is so much room in my closet now! Can't wait to fill it up again with smaller sizes.